Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX temporary Lounge at ICN - Airlines Association Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Hi everyone - does anyone know which lounge CX now uses in ICN?
I found "Airlines Association Lounge" on CX website but I cannot find information about this lounge.
Thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:32 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
There is a dedicated CX lounge at ICN but nothing special - reminded me of PVG, actually.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:47 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Isochronous
There is a dedicated CX lounge at ICN but nothing special - reminded me of PVG, actually.
The CX lounge has closed for refurb.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:49 pm

CX ICN lounge is at Terminal A. You can enjoy Korean Cup noodle there.

EDIT: Sorry that didn't aware it is closed. My last visit was at Oct.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 3:44 am

The Airlines Association Lounge is used if your flight departs from the gates closer to immigration, without having to take the air train.

It’s a crappy makeshift boring conference room camouflaged as a “lounge” - with old sofas and food served from serving stations along the corridor. Total embarrassment for any airline that chooses to use it.
littlevoices and levelnine like this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
The Airlines Association Lounge is used if your flight departs from the gates closer to immigration, without having to take the air train.

It’s a crappy makeshift boring conference room camouflaged as a “lounge” - with old sofas and food served from serving stations along the corridor. Total embarrassment for any airline that chooses to use it.
So does it mean that all CX flight no longer depart from those gate 12X now? No need to take the train to that terminal?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 5:22 am

I am made to understand from the checkin staff that some, occasionally, still do - especially if ICN runs out of gate slots on certain days - but they attempt to minimise that.

Originally Posted by xuukgo

So does it mean that all CX flight no longer depart from those gate 12X now? No need to take the train to that terminal?
Old Apr 15, 2018, 5:05 am

Programs: BA silver, CO
Does anyone know when the lounge will reopen? This article says 2019, but the article seems to imply that work hasn't started yet.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/what-s-next...lounge-roadmap
Old Apr 15, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: MPC DM, SPG Plat
The temporary lounge is quite horrendous and I can't figure out why someone prefers to be in a windowless room when ICN has so many seats at the gates and good food at the restaurant. The old CX lounge at ICN wasn't great but at least it had natural light.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
Originally Posted by xuukgo

Yes. Nowadays, they leave from gates 49/50
Old May 5, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: United Premier Platinum
Sounds pretty dismal, but does this lounge at least have showers?
Old May 5, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by mcrw00
Sounds pretty dismal, but does this lounge at least have showers?
It doesn't even have toilets in the lounge, you have to go outside to the public ones. As such fairly certain that there isn't a shower. It is a really poor show, especially considering the premium pricing that CX continues to charge for Seoul business class. Don't arrive early.
levelnine likes this.
Old May 5, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: ALL Gold, MPC Silver
It's sad but CX and SQ won't have new lounges until their turn in the lounge site musical chair game. Right now OZ is moving their lounges to where the KE lounges were so only once that is complete can CX and SQ start building their new lounges.
Old May 5, 2018, 8:50 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
So for the time being it looks like priority pass lounges might be a better choice?
Old May 5, 2018, 11:03 pm

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
I flew out of ICN last Sunday. Went to this lounge to check out and within 30 secs I walked out. It was a depressing space and I'd rather sit and wait near the gate area.

I can only think of another lounge that is even more depressing than this one at ICN - the lounge at KIX. Though as an Oneworld member there's the JAL lounge as an alternative option albeit at the other end of the concourse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.