Cathay Pacific Special Meals

Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Cathay Pacific Special Meals

Economy Special Meal, HKG - LGW, 2018 Jan
Low Fat
Breakfast - great option if you want a western breakfast but not into bacons and sausages.
Sweetcorn and potato patty, Spinach eggwhite patty, vegetables. Fresh Fruit and pineapple yoghurt.
Bread roll, no butter.

​​​​​​​Economy Special Meal, HKT - HKG , 2018 Jan
Fruit platter
Lunch - selection of fresh fruits. Delicious. Ice cream. Bread roll, no butter.
​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
TravelLawyer and royng like this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:58 pm

Thanks for the post! Looking forward to what other people have taken a picture of. I'm going to be trying the Low Lactose meal in March so I'll see how that goes.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Great! Do let us know. It is very difficult to find information on special meals in general, hopefully we can get a few photos together here.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: CX DM, IHG G, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Silver
the Fruit platter from HKT looks much better than the J fruit platters from HKG. I think the quality of the fruit platter is location dependent, not class dependent. If its from HK, it'll be awful, even in J. tasteless fruits, tiny portion, one each of papaya, pineapple, pomelo and melon (they always choose almost raw melon). But from thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, West coast USA, Europe, even in economy, the fruit platter is delicious, many varieties of fruits, good portion, etc. I think the problem is the HK catering service is barebones and always tries to cut corners, whereas the agents they use in outport actually know what they're doing... It is too bad fruits are one of the "easiest" special meals to get right, because no cooking is involved!
Old Jan 27, 2018, 11:07 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Decided to be 'adventurous' and had the Hindu Meal in J, recently on the HKG-TPE shuttle. It was described to me as some sort of a lamb curry, served with some naan. It was absolutely abysmal, I've never had such terrible special meals (esp. Hindu meals, which I usually find delicious on airlines like SQ). The main course was dry, and the naan was waay too chewy. On the other hand, the crew were very friendly.

Is it me, or is the CX meals getting worse and worse (at least in J), like it wasn't this bad the same time last year.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 9:38 pm

Programs: CX Gold
For the ultra short haul flights where cx only serve chicken wraps plus a biscuit/cookie, would I get a better meal if I pre-select my meals during booking? Like if I choose kosher meal?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubeurope
Decided to be 'adventurous' and had the Hindu Meal in J, recently on the HKG-TPE shuttle. It was described to me as some sort of a lamb curry, served with some naan. It was absolutely abysmal, I've never had such terrible special meals (esp. Hindu meals, which I usually find delicious on airlines like SQ). The main course was dry, and the naan was waay too chewy. On the other hand, the crew were very friendly.

Is it me, or is the CX meals getting worse and worse (at least in J), like it wasn't this bad the same time last year.
I know this may sound strange at first. You dont go to India and order Chinese meal, because it will not be great.

Air China has a problem with western food - they cant make proper one. Cathay can make proper western food, but it seems they cannot make Indian/Hindu.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Tried KSML (Kosher Meal) on TPE-HKG once in Y on a "refreshment" flight. It was horrible.

royng likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:06 pm

We find CX's Indian meals to India esp BOM to be the best on a flight
better than EK or SQ

but we have not been flying CX last year so things might have changed

on CX next month so will see how it is.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Tried KSML (Kosher Meal) on TPE-HKG once in Y on a "refreshment" flight. It was horrible.

Looks revolting.
royng likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: CX
sad to see the courage of stepping out of the comfort zone is not rewarded
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:35 pm

Location: JFK 🇺🇸 (mostly); YVR 🇨🇦 (a bit less); HKG 🇭🇰 (even less)
Programs: Marco Polo GR 😂😂; HHonors Gold; Ritz Carlton Gold

What is that
royng likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:38 pm

it does not look like CX cutlery?

looks revolting
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by hl176
What is that
No clue...

Originally Posted by Kachjc
it does not look like CX cutlery?

looks revolting
The whole box is made in Belgium. Another friend of mine who tried it on a CX TPE-HKG "breakfast" flight (mine was KA) had a much better one made in England.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 6:37 am
Original Poster

No clue...

The whole box is made in Belgium. Another friend of mine who tried it on a CX TPE-HKG "breakfast" flight (mine was KA) had a much better one made in England.
Yes, well, we like to do things properly in England. (Except Brexit)
ernestnywang and royng like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.