Wiki Posts
Search

CX check in desk hours at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold Elite
CX check in desk hours at JFK

Does anyone know when the CX check in desk is open to get luggage checked? Do they stay open most of the day or are they open only during limited hours?
When I arrive if there is no one to assist me with my luggage tag will AA agents assist me(I am in F on an award flight JFK>HKG>PEK.
I have not been able to find the answer to my question online.
Thanks for any help!
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: MPC CXGO, IHG RA
Don't think they open 24 hour a day. On Cx website it says the check-in counters open 3.5 hours before departure. Last time there was one ground crew there 4.5 hours before departure and he actually checked me in. Not sure if AA can check you in but I highly doubt they could.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:56 pm

Location: JFK 🇺🇸 (mostly); YVR 🇨🇦 (a bit less); HKG 🇭🇰 (even less)
Programs: Marco Polo GR 😂😂; HHonors Gold; Ritz Carlton Gold
AA unfortunately won’t be able to help but usually 3 to 4 hours before you flight they will be open. Maybe you could try bad dropping at and earlier CX flight but I’m not completely sure
Old Jan 25, 2018, 4:37 pm

It is 3.5 hours prior to departure.

AA will not be able to check you in or issue boarding pass either.

I know this because I came in on Eithad early AM and CX wouldn't allow me to get a mobile boarding pass for my JFK-YVR flight in F (I had no checked bags) I ended up waiting for the counter to open for several hours.

Hours that I could have enjoyed in the lounge!
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
If JFK is the starting point of your journey, you must check in with the operating carrier departing JFK.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond; AA Ex Plat; AS MVP 75K
Originally Posted by imverge
It is 3.5 hours prior to departure.

AA will not be able to check you in or issue boarding pass either.

I know this because I came in on Eithad early AM and CX wouldn't allow me to get a mobile boarding pass for my JFK-YVR flight in F (I had no checked bags) I ended up waiting for the counter to open for several hours.

Hours that I could have enjoyed in the lounge!
Curious about this in a similar regard. We aren't checking any bags but want to clear security as early as possible to access lounge for dinner before they close. If the flight leaves at 12:50am what is the earliest I can check in?

Or will it be possible to print a boarding pass and forgo the desk, in which case what is the earliest I can clear TSA (though above post seems to say no mobile pass)
Old Feb 13, 2018, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BLazarus22
Curious about this in a similar regard. We aren't checking any bags but want to clear security as early as possible to access lounge for dinner before they close. If the flight leaves at 12:50am what is the earliest I can check in?

Or will it be possible to print a boarding pass and forgo the desk, in which case what is the earliest I can clear TSA (though above post seems to say no mobile pass)
The AA lounge will stay open until CX845 begins boarding (unless the flight is heavily delayed). That said, since the check-in windows for CX889 and CX845 overlap, you can check in for CX845 as soon as the counters open for CX889 sometime around 5-6pm (exact time varies by season), if so desired. You should also be able to generate an OLCI BP inside of T-24.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond; AA Ex Plat; AS MVP 75K
Originally Posted by dkc192
The AA lounge will stay open until CX845 begins boarding (unless the flight is heavily delayed). That said, since the check-in windows for CX889 and CX845 overlap, you can check in for CX845 as soon as the counters open for CX889 sometime around 5-6pm (exact time varies by season), if so desired. You should also be able to generate an OLCI BP inside of T-24.
Thanks. I could have sworn the lounge said it closed at 11pm when last I took this 1am flight but indeed the website says it closes at 1am. I guess I had never looked. Great info.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 3:55 pm

If I travel on CX889 (9:50PM), can I check in during CX831 window (say 2pm-ish)? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.