Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Advance Seat Reservation on Code Share flight with MH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advance Seat Reservation on Code Share flight with MH

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ Krisflyer Gold / Hilton Hhonour Diamond / Starwood SPG Gold / CX Former Gold, now Green
Question Advance Seat Reservation on Code Share flight with MH

Hello guys,

I booked a J-class ticket through Expedia on HKG-KUL-HKG. The flight number is under MH, but actually it is a code-share flight on a KA plane.

I was trying to do a seat reservation online at CX.com, but website says "Booking Reference" cannot be found. I called Macro Polo, they found my record, but not unable to do seat reservation - eventhough it is KA plane.
I called MH office, they also could not do it. Finally, I called Expedia, they said usually they cannot do it for code-share flights... So, finally I think I will need to get the seat only at the airport check-in counter unfortunately.

Did this happen to any of you before? Is there a way to get advance seat reservation? I thought we can do it for any OneWorld airlines...

Thanks a lot!
Old Jan 23, 2018, 11:24 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by CX100Silver
Hello guys,

I booked a J-class ticket through Expedia on HKG-KUL-HKG. The flight number is under MH, but actually it is a code-share flight on a KA plane.

I was trying to do a seat reservation online at CX.com, but website says "Booking Reference" cannot be found. I called Macro Polo, they found my record, but not unable to do seat reservation - eventhough it is KA plane.
I called MH office, they also could not do it. Finally, I called Expedia, they said usually they cannot do it for code-share flights... So, finally I think I will need to get the seat only at the airport check-in counter unfortunately.

Did this happen to any of you before? Is there a way to get advance seat reservation? I thought we can do it for any OneWorld airlines...

Thanks a lot!
If you can find the seat map of the prime KA flight, you may be able to request the specific seat number as a special service request. I will avoid any "blocked" seats. Just normal seats that anyone can select. Otherwise, you might want to try the general NSSA (Non-Smoking Seat Aisle) or NSSW (Window) request.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ Krisflyer Gold / Hilton Hhonour Diamond / Starwood SPG Gold / CX Former Gold, now Green
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
If you can find the seat map of the prime KA flight, you may be able to request the specific seat number as a special service request. I will avoid any "blocked" seats. Just normal seats that anyone can select. Otherwise, you might want to try the general NSSA (Non-Smoking Seat Aisle) or NSSW (Window) request.
Actually, both MH hotline and Marco Polo told me that they can't reserve any seat for me... And both of them cant even put a request for "Window Seat".
Very very strange to me...
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Unfortunately, this is a problem that does happen on codeshares for many airline pairs.
In your case, it is likely that Expedia sold you a MH ticket (on KA metal) that is cheaper than what KA/CX would have sold. That does not encourage KA to be proactive in giving you seat assignment.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: CX MPC, EY Guest
Not sure if this is the right thread but I couldn't find anything about this elsewhere in the forum; still related to MH - CX though.

I'm a MPC Silver member (OW Ruby) and I booked a flight through Cathay Pacific (CX)'s website for a MH-operated but CX-marketed (CX flight number) flight. At the time of booking and on the CW website it won't show me the seat map for this segment.

I haven't flown in Economy on MH for awhile now, but does anyone know if I'll be able to select a seat before OLCI for free? And if so, who do I call to firm up the seat reservation?

Thanks!
Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:20 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by limeca
Not sure if this is the right thread but I couldn't find anything about this elsewhere in the forum; still related to MH - CX though.

I'm a MPC Silver member (OW Ruby) and I booked a flight through Cathay Pacific (CX)'s website for a MH-operated but CX-marketed (CX flight number) flight. At the time of booking and on the CW website it won't show me the seat map for this segment.

I haven't flown in Economy on MH for awhile now, but does anyone know if I'll be able to select a seat before OLCI for free? And if so, who do I call to firm up the seat reservation?

Thanks!
No, you can’t select a seat before OLCI for free on MH Economy even with Ruby status. MH’s system is messy with these sort of things.

You can try calling, although often you won’t get anywhere being a Ruby member.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.