Wiki Posts
Search

Cabanas v Day Break Rooms

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2004, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Cabanas v Day Break Rooms

I am soon to be transiting through HKG at 6am, with 3 hours to spend in the F lounges...
Which is more comfortable to relax, have a shower, recover from LAX flight? The Cabanas in The Wing or the Day Break Rooms in The Pier?
What is availability like at 6.30am?
Thanks!
Old Mar 4, 2004, 4:05 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BA Loyal:
I am soon to be transiting through HKG at 6am, with 3 hours to spend in the F lounges...
Which is more comfortable to relax, have a shower, recover from LAX flight? The Cabanas in The Wing or the Day Break Rooms in The Pier?
What is availability like at 6.30am?
Thanks!
</font>
You could probably do a little bit of both, but my choice would be the cabanas. You could take a nice long bath, and relax on a nice long bed in a privacy of the cabana. The day break rooms only have a nice chair with a tv/audio selection. The lounge does offer showers, but it is seperate. If you only do one, go for the cabanas.

[This message has been edited by andrzej (edited Mar 04, 2004).]
Old Mar 4, 2004, 4:16 am

I agree - I would go to the Cabanas. The Daybreak rooms have a very slim entertainment selection and rigid, not-too-comfortable chair.

The Cabanas have a nice spot to nap (although I find it a bit cold in there) and a place to shower/bathe and groom yourself at your leisure. If you are carrying a notebook, CX's Wi-Fi is accessible from the Cabanas.
Old Mar 4, 2004, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold 20y (89-09)

I waited with all the other F/J transit passengers from the LAX arrival @ 6AM for the Wing to open at about 7AM. They did not want us in the lounge while they were using the vacuum cleaner!

I seem to remember that the Pier opens ever later than the Wing.
Old Mar 4, 2004, 12:59 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by The Lone Arranger:

I waited with all the other F/J transit passengers from the LAX arrival @ 6AM for the Wing to open at about 7AM. They did not want us in the lounge while they were using the vacuum cleaner!

I seem to remember that the Pier opens ever later than the Wing.
</font>
I believe you have the 2 lounges mixed up. It's the Pier that opens at 7am, the Wing opens at 5:45am.

Old Mar 6, 2004, 1:53 am

Location: AA EXP, Diamond HHonors, Diamond Hyatt , Delaware, US
I am flying to Sydney with a 8 hour plus stop in HKG....Do they have any shower/rest areas for cx business travelers?
Old Mar 6, 2004, 1:57 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by romcarlos:
I am flying to Sydney with a 8 hour plus stop in HKG....Do they have any shower/rest areas for cx business travelers? </font>

If you are flying on OneWorld airline and I see that you are AA EXP/OW Emerald, you will be able to use the fabulous cabanas, day rooms, and everything that comes wth it.
Old Mar 6, 2004, 9:35 am
Community Director Emerita

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by YYZC2:
IThe Cabanas have a nice spot to nap .</font>
Ask the attendant for a blanket and pillow if you want to nap. They are forthcoming immediately.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Can two people use the Cabanas together? I will be with my wife...
Old Mar 8, 2004, 4:10 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
I believe so, but be aware that the sound proofing to the adjacent cabanas is non-existent, particularly if you are in the area by the water feature
Old Mar 9, 2004, 7:03 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by romcarlos:
I am flying to Sydney with a 8 hour plus stop in HKG....Do they have any shower/rest areas for cx business travelers? </font>
With a layover like this, you should really consider going into the city for the day.

Another Q relating to the CX lounges at HKG: do either of them offer a suit pressing service while you're showering?

Old Mar 9, 2004, 5:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Unfortunately not.
Old Mar 9, 2004, 6:04 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Bizarre, if you ask me...
Old Mar 9, 2004, 7:08 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
You've been spoiled by BA ... the Wing/Pier is a departure lounge, not for arrivals, thus the lack of arrivals oriented services. I suspect the lack of an arrivals lounge is not accidental -- they want you to leave the airport and go to your hotel, most hotels in HKG are happy to accomodate early check-in (at least in my limited experience that is 100% the case).
Old Mar 10, 2004, 8:58 pm
In Memoriam

Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA UA 1K, AA EXP 1MM, SQ PPS, BA GOLD, Hyatt D, Hertz Plat and AMEX Cent
I need to voice an opinion here

I really dislike the whole notion that the cabanas are used to camp out in all day - they are not a hotel day room.

I use the Cabanas something like 5 times a month and I really do prefer the greater space to get myself changed and repacked vs the little shower rooms across the hall - I think it is so very rude for people to settle in for the duration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.