Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Discussion of The Deck continues here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1895979-deck-opens-22-march-2018-a.html
Print Wikipost

Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
The Dining room was a bit of a mess this morning, only 3 staff and 3 supervisors working the floor. Many tables left uncleaned...
Seems to be the morning routine now? I had an early morning visit as well (the scrambled eggs) and I felt they were seriously understaffed in peak hours, hence I made the non-peak hours visit for comparison.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Not sure if it was mentioned, but one thing I noticed on the J side is that now every lounge seems to have similar food. Previously, with a long transit, I could go to different lounges to sample different dishes. Now, I can only experience a different ambience, but with the same food.
mbamejia likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 9:57 pm

Programs: MPCGO
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Not sure if it was mentioned, but one thing I noticed on the J side is that now every lounge seems to have similar food. Previously, with a long transit, I could go to different lounges to sample different dishes. Now, I can only experience a different ambience, but with the same food.
I have to agree with this. The different dishes between Bridge and Pier J used to make lounge hopping worthwhile, but now, the selections seem to be the same across lounges. Anyone else with similar observations?
Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:02 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Previously when I did a big post Sodexo lounge hop in July I found this to be the case - virtually identical offerings in each lounge. In a way it’s good - takes away the pressure to lounge hop? Just go to the one that’s most convenient?

I saw the new updated buffet in the Pier this week. The hot food looks like the J offerings. And there’s a huge amount of carbs - good to have a large selection but I don’t think it moves very fast hence the cakes etc are all looking a bit tired by the end of the day. There’s also egg mayo wraps unrefrigerated. I wonder how long they stay out - that’s a perfect candidate for food poisoning.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:06 pm

I don't mind them having the same offerings throughout, and just access whichever is closest. Being local, I don't get to lounge hop much though. For example, I like the cold cuts & salmon buffet and the scenario was always like this:

Wing F: cold cuts & salmon buffet vs. Pier F: no cold cuts & salmon buffet
Pier J: cold cuts & salmon buffet vs. Wing J: no cold cuts & salmon buffet
Old Oct 12, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: CX DM (OWE), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Currently sitting on Wing F restaurant. People walking out due to slow delivery time. I personally waiting 20-25mins for my Butter Chicken and about 10mins for my glass of wine.

People are now walking up to the bar to get there drinks.

Quite chaotic. Currently 9.25pm so the crowds are only doing to get worse.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:36 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
i was there 3 times in sept. it wasnt too bad in general n i managed to dine n leave within 30 mins.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Was in the Pier (first) a few days ago and service and food (which was basically inedible when I last visited) was dramatically improved compared to a few months ago. Service at lunch was reasonable but it was far from crowded - sounds a lot better than the report about the Wing in the evening
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: CX Gold, QF Bronze
the Chinese food at Wing F deterioate a lot in quality and taste.......(visited at June 2018)
royng likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by derek2010
the Chinese food at Wing F deterioate a lot in quality and taste.......(visited at June 2018)
go again. it improved
Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ TPPS, AS 75K
Yup - definitely improved for both F and J.

On a side note, I tried the Pier J again after a while (crediting to AS since I've maxed out my CP for this year) and I actually find the seating options preferable to Pier F.

Also the beef siumay is back and the dan dan mien tasted better than in F (though it might just be me)
Old Oct 30, 2018, 1:31 am

Programs: BA GO, CX SL
Visited The Pier First over the weekend and it was a lovely experience. Nice, large har gow and the wonton noodle soup and dan dan mien were delicious. I can see the beakfast spread being a little uninspiring for regulars though. Didn't try The Wing and not likely to make it back before my status expires.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
The catering at the Pier J has improved significantly. Arrived 4pm on a Mon afternoon and the dinner selections were already available:

The beef rendang was passable:

While the tandoori chicken and mushroom pizza was delicious.

No photos of the laksa at the noodle bar but I guess it was a good sign that I didn't barf for lacking spice.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Alawyer
<snip>
No photos of the laksa at the noodle bar but I guess it was a good sign that I didn't barf for lacking spice.
Good to know that "didn't barf" is the bar they are clearing

Regards
Old Oct 31, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
I very recently had the pleasure of experiencing both the Wing F and Pier F lounges. Both are great lounges and IMO the food was really good in both, with service being a little haphazard in The Wing.

The Cabanas at The Wing are great as is the massage @ The Pier.
kaka likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.