Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Discussion of The Deck continues here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1895979-deck-opens-22-march-2018-a.html
Print Wikipost

Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2018, 3:30 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
It's not clear when the Wing will actually reopen... same time at 11:30am as the Pier the next day? Never? Or at a later time or what?? It's pretty poorly written announcement in a small blurb in a MPC newsletter...
Old Apr 24, 2018, 3:52 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by tfung
It's not clear when the Wing will actually reopen... same time at 11:30am as the Pier the next day? Never? Or at a later time or what?? It's pretty poorly written announcement in a small blurb in a MPC newsletter...
While I agree that it could be better worded (such as starting with "On 30 April 2018 only"), I think the blurb is pretty clear to indicate that only on 30APR the Wing will close early, and it will open at 5:30am on 01MAY as usual. For The Pier, only on 01MAY, it would open a few hours later.
FlyPointyEnd likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 11:41 am

Would be interested to find out, as my flight is due to arrive early morning on 1st May, and my next flight is to leave by 9 o’clock.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:46 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by jerrywu
Would be interested to find out, as my flight is due to arrive early morning on 1st May, and my next flight is to leave by 9 o’clock.
What do you need to find out?
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:54 pm

To find out if the Wing would open at 5:30 AM on 1st of May.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:15 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jerrywu
To find out if the Wing would open at 5:30 AM on 1st of May.
My reading of the announcement is that The Wing will open at its usual opening hour on 1st of May. The Pier will open late on 1st May.

Terribly worded paragraph, but that's what I read.
kaka and jerrywu like this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
I see no reason why wouldnt Wing be open at 0530 1May, but its just badly worded and not spelt out- bad copywriting.
jerrywu likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 11:41 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Any post-Sodexo reviews?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 11:54 pm

Programs: CX/CI/SQ/SPG/Hyatt/Shangri-La
Just had lunch in pier F dining room. Menu is different but quality about the same. Staff service is unfortunately not in place yet - took a while to take order; did not place chopsticks even when all my orders were oriental; the fruit plate ordered by the next table was delivered to me without even confirming. A few senior management staffs were there supervising/assisting but still a bit chaotic. Probably need some time to break in.
Old May 1, 2018, 12:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, AAdvantage, Miles&More, Miles&Smiles
I also had lunch one hour ago (Burger with fries) at the F Pier. The dining room was full. The drink came at the same time as the food. But the delivery after the order was very quick. Had also a small a chat with a lady of senior management, thery are still learning and doing some tweaking.

PS: Burger was ok as usual.
Old May 1, 2018, 1:08 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by shark67
I also had lunch one hour ago (Burger with fries) at the F Pier. The dining room was full. The drink came at the same time as the food. But the delivery after the order was very quick. Had also a small a chat with a lady of senior management, thery are still learning and doing some tweaking.

PS: Burger was ok as usual.
usual? Usually soggy buns or what?
btw, how many staff were the same ppl?
Old May 1, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by shwanka
Just had lunch in pier F dining room. Menu is different but quality about the same. Staff service is unfortunately not in place yet - took a while to take order; did not place chopsticks even when all my orders were oriental; the fruit plate ordered by the next table was delivered to me without even confirming. A few senior management staffs were there supervising/assisting but still a bit chaotic. Probably need some time to break in.
I had dinner in the wing, well tried to. Service was chaotic to say the least. Took over 20 mins to get a very small plate of risotto and the second helping never arrived. Probably about as many staff as passengers in there as well. I'm fairly relaxed about it, day one will be tricky for any operation but today I'd have been better eating elsewhere.
kaka likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 10:36 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
I had a quick bite in Pier F earlier today. Overall negative. Obviously this is just one anecdote.

Staff a little more clumsy and less polished than PP (...words I thought I'd never say). All new faces.

My dish came out very fast as requested, but it was the wrong dish. The dish I ordered (Thai noodles) didn't arrive and I had to leave 5-10 minutes later, before they corrected it. Nobody seemed to care much. 4 restaurant staff congregating outside, two of which were fooling around on their mobile phones. Not a very professional look in my one experience.

Friendly but more unrefined than before. That's after already stepping down a notch a few years ago.
Old May 1, 2018, 10:47 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
All new faces? Oh dear...I will miss my favorite server at the Pier (a short SE Asian lady who always wears the biggest smile...I guess you regulars know who she is, pity I didn't catch her name over the years!)

​​​​​​​
Old May 2, 2018, 5:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
All new faces? Oh dear...I will miss my favorite server at the Pier (a short SE Asian lady who always wears the biggest smile...I guess you regulars know who she is, pity I didn't catch her name over the years!)

​​​​​​​
Yes all new people and I know the lady whom you mean! The old staff are being spread across the other PP managed lounges at CLK and the lady in question is hoping for the AMEX lounge. So must give that a go.
G-CIVC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.