Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Discussion of The Deck continues here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1895979-deck-opens-22-march-2018-a.html
Print Wikipost

Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 1:36 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
I actually think the food quality and service have both improved since Sodexho took over... and the bubbles are much better in the F lounges... Henriot Rose, Perrier Joet... much better than Moet IMHO
Old May 31, 2018, 4:26 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by avm2806
I actually think the food quality and service have both improved since Sodexho took over... and the bubbles are much better in the F lounges... Henriot Rose, Perrier Joet... much better than Moet IMHO
my general feeling is the soft seevice that has gone cr@p
Old May 31, 2018, 5:06 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by kaka

my general feeling is the soft seevice that has gone cr@p
I found the service “okay” but the food definitely worse.
Old May 31, 2018, 7:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sxc
actually i had never found it ok since peninsula left.
long waits before serving is not ok, no matter how warm the service is.

and growing up in hk makes the need of warm service fairly low. But making u feel like hving a cha chaan teng experience is definately not expected
Isochronous and clubeurope like this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by sxc
I found the previous operator to be an improvement over Peninsula. The new one is OK as service but food is really worse than both.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 9:11 pm

Pier first was so awesome when Peninsula used to operate them after remodeling. Wow, the food was so great. Previous one was very meh with average food. Now this Soxedo...lord, they can't even make wonton soup right!
Isochronous likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 2:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by anchor79
Pier first was so awesome when Peninsula used to operate them after remodeling. Wow, the food was so great. Previous one was very meh with average food. Now this Soxedo...lord, they can't even make wonton soup right!
why are people still going n feel abused? Then cx would have solved the overcrowding problem
Old Jun 4, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: LH Senator, CX Diamond, UA Prem Plat, Fans of MO Elite
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Had lunch at Pier First this afternoon. The burger is definitely much worse than before. The beef patty had absolutely no taste. No truffle mayonnaise in the burger, but only BBQ sauce on the side. No steak fries, but instead these wilted shoestring fries.

In the Pantry, the Lounge used to carry Swiss yogurts all day. Now, can't find any yogurts there anymore.
I have the same observation about the burger from a visit to Pier First about a week and a half ago. Fries were wilted and very very oily. Such a pity that a huge investment in a beautiful lounge is being degraded with such noticeable F&B cutbacks year after year.

Aside from disappearing Swiss yogurts, is the Acqua Panna going away too? I asked for cold bottle of Aqua Panna with my meal and the server came back with a lukewarm glass of tap water. I politely asked again for cold bottle of Aqua Panna and after 5 or more minutes the server came back with a lukewarm bottle. I couldn't help but laugh out loud and waived to a supervisor to ask for a cold bottle of Acqua Panna for the third time. A minute later he comes back with a cold bottle. Ordering Acqua Panna was never an issue or so difficult under Pen catering or with Plaza Premium catering.
Isochronous likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 4:55 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Let’s keep this thread on topic of the lounges. No need to discuss bottles of water onboard in this thread. We have enough of those threads already.

Thanks
sxc

Cathay Pacific Moderator
Old Jun 5, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ Gold
Went to Pier F earlier and in Pier J now.

Did not eat at F as I wasnt feeling it. Just passed by the spread in J to see for myself and could see a couple of dishes appearing both at the continental and the noodle bar.

Whoever thought that infamous mac and cheese qualifies to be in the “Asian” section of the lounge is either plain lazy or they just dont care anymore. What a (further) deterioration in quality and thoughtfulness that goes into these beautiful lounges.

Lastly, Im at my favourite section now which is the tea house which seems to have improved sweets selections so at least there is something good to say here.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 11:09 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Trying out the Pier J post Sodexo. Worst downgrade is that there are no teaspoons available. Only plastic stirrers are available which everyone else is trying to eliminate for environmental reasons.

So if you try to use a spoon to eat the dessert....this is as much you can get out of the shot glass...

Old Jun 5, 2018, 11:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sxc
Trying out the Pier J post Sodexo. Worst downgrade is that there are no teaspoons available. Only plastic stirrers are available which everyone else is trying to eliminate for environmental reasons.

So if you try to use a spoon to eat the dessert....this is as much you can get out of the shot glass...

any pics of the stirrers? why do they have stirrers when they dont have takeaway cups
Old Jun 5, 2018, 11:32 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by sxc
Let’s keep this thread on topic of the lounges. No need to discuss bottles of water onboard in this thread. We have enough of those threads already.

Thanks
sxc

Cathay Pacific Moderator
MrStrong was talking about bottles of water in the lounge...
Old Jun 5, 2018, 11:43 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kaka
any pics of the stirrers? why do they have stirrers when they dont have takeaway cups
The stirrers are the black skinny straws. Like the ones used in cocktails.

and when I asked for a teaspoon they gave me the white plastic ice cream thing that you can see on the plate.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 11:44 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Isochronous
MrStrong was talking about bottles of water in the lounge...
There were some posts after that which have now been deleted which were talking about onboard water b

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.