Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Discussion of The Deck continues here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1895979-deck-opens-22-march-2018-a.html
Print Wikipost

Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Complaining among ourselves is a great way to vent, but has absolutely zero substantive impact if those responsible for making such decisions don't get feedback. To be sure, we are just a small sampling of CX customers, but the changes in the lounges have been so significant in some respects that I'm sure many people have noticed (although perhaps have not put two and two together that management of the lounges has switched). I sent an email off to CX a few days ago to complain and air my concerns, and I'd encourage others to spend a minute or two and do the same.
HaikalS likes this.
Old May 23, 2018, 6:21 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by fakecd
i always order dan dan noodle with wonton. every time F got it right... after handover they brought me dan dan noodle with wontone (welldone) but also brought me.wonton noodle... when i said its not for me, they still tried.to tell me to have it, then 2 wait staff started arguing right in front of me why they screwed up order.... i mean come on this is F lounge i am eating.... they need training of common sense, theh should have immediately disappered to kitchen and argur there...
I saw something similar last Sunday when a customer just sat down and a server came by and served him a cheese plate...when the gentleman said no, the server got some scolding from a colleague.
Old May 23, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by jiaotze
Complaining among ourselves is a great way to vent, but has absolutely zero substantive impact if those responsible for making such decisions don't get feedback. To be sure, we are just a small sampling of CX customers, but the changes in the lounges have been so significant in some respects that I'm sure many people have noticed (although perhaps have not put two and two together that management of the lounges has switched). I sent an email off to CX a few days ago to complain and air my concerns, and I'd encourage others to spend a minute or two and do the same.
The CX lounge staff were being "encouraged" to gather as much feedback to report back to head office but the funny thing is, they told me they don't even have to solicit them, lounge guests march up to the reception with a list of complaints all the time.
feh likes this.
Old May 23, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by kaka
Ah yah
pier f made food orders sound like cha chan tengs. Have i said that already?
basically replied my food order as if i were in one of those.
Combined with the photo of Pier F bathroom, it is now clear that CX is targeting the Chinese transit pax LCC market. No doubt they will feel very comfortable in these devalued environs.
kaka likes this.
Old May 23, 2018, 11:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Combined with the photo of Pier F bathroom, it is now clear that CX is targeting the Chinese transit pax LCC market. No doubt they will feel very comfortable in these devalued environs.
how the heck are they going into the F bathrooms?
Old May 24, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by kaka
how the heck are they going into the F bathrooms?
Not that difficult: Big step and stand on the toilet seat, while doing business, just like home
Old May 24, 2018, 4:09 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Cambo
Not that difficult: Big step and stand on the toilet seat, while doing business, just like home
i mean, if they are the lcc targeted group, how do they get in f lounge?
Old May 24, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: CX, BA
Was in Pier J a few days before at 0700 and 12 people were queuing at the noodle bar............
Old May 24, 2018, 11:28 pm

Programs: QR platinum
Has anyone been to the Teahouse at Pier J after the Sodexo transition? Did they enhance the loose leaf teas and sweets offerings as well?

I'll be transiting HKG in about two weeks, and I am hoping to be able to get a decent cup of tea... Food-wise, I gather from this thread that it might be better to use the QF lounge rather than Pier F.
Old May 24, 2018, 11:44 pm

Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ TPPS, AS 75K
Originally Posted by CASAFlyer
Has anyone been to the Teahouse at Pier J after the Sodexo transition? Did they enhance the loose leaf teas and sweets offerings as well?
I didn't have tea when I was there but they "enhanced" the juice options and the sweets. I prefer the previous ones but it could be a matter of personal taste
Old May 25, 2018, 12:33 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by HaikalS
I didn't have tea when I was there but they "enhanced" the juice options and the sweets. I prefer the previous ones but it could be a matter of personal taste
I didn't notice the teas, but instead of the caramelized pecans, they have Chinese-style peanut and black sesame candies. They also have some brownie bites that actually tasted better than I expected.
Old May 25, 2018, 12:47 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by jiaotze
They also have some brownie bites that actually tasted better than I expected.
Yes the one thing I noticed at the J Wing, and the F Wing "Deli" section was that the sandwiches, cakes, brownies looked to be better quality and better variety. But they were the same between J and F...
Old May 25, 2018, 12:49 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by CASAFlyer

I'll be transiting HKG in about two weeks, and I am hoping to be able to get a decent cup of tea... Food-wise, I gather from this thread that it might be better to use the QF lounge rather than Pier F.
Was there 2 wks ago, though they still did not have just plain ordinary English tea with milk in a big mug. Only sophisticated stuff
Old May 25, 2018, 1:58 am

Programs: CX Gold
Will be transiting in HKG in a few days, should I just head straight to QF lounge so as not to lose some precious time going to the CX lounges?
Old May 25, 2018, 2:17 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by boybi
Will be transiting in HKG in a few days, should I just head straight to QF lounge so as not to lose some precious time going to the CX lounges?
If you are still MPC Silver per your profile, your only choice is CX lounges. However if you are oneworld Sapphire, you could always go to the QF lounge, and also go to The Deck to compare which is next door.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.