Wiki Posts
Search

Advice needed to get to CX Silver

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Advice needed to get to CX Silver

Hi All,
pretty new on this forum and would like to seek some advice. i have 2 flights to the states lined up this year so far, from singapore to los angeles, out from san francisco and from singapore to san francisco return. looking at a logical way to clock into silver without having to spend too much and am looking at fare class S, N, Q or at max M, L, V.

i would be looking at UA mileage plus as well as i would clock directly into silver with these 2 trips. i am not based in the states so the UA PQD do not apply to me.

TIA.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:20 pm

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
And you are flying with Cathay Pacific?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

f1anker27 Welcome to FT

Originally Posted by f1anker27
Pretty new on this forum and would like to seek some advice. I have 2 flights to the States lined up this year so far, from Singapore to Los Angeles, out from San Francisco and from Singapore to San Francisco return. looking at a logical way to clock into silver without having to spend too much and am looking at fare class S, N, Q or at max M, L, V.

I would be looking at UA mileage plus as well as I would clock directly into silver with these 2 trips. I am not based in the states so the UA PQD do not apply to me.
As above what airline/airlines? (This is in the Cathay Pacific CX forum)
UA & CX (Hong Kong) are in different alliances
From your profile you live in Singapore
"Silver" means little, as different ffp use different words for status level. Silver in1 ffp does not equal silver in another ffp.
Anyway what do you expect "silver" to do for you ?

Look here (open the wikis)
Which Frequent Flyer Program to Join? Help Is Here!
Need advice on which *A FF scheme to join? - please post here

Edit
Cross posted in UA forum:- advice needed

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jan 9, 2018 at 7:48 pm
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:41 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
If you are looking to get to CX Silver, you need 300 club points. If you fly S, N, Q class for SIN-HKG-LAX on CX, a round trip will earn you 70 club points. So you are going to have to do more than 4 round trips to get to Silver.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:06 pm

Programs: MPC Gold
Either you need to fly more round trips as per @sxc or you fly two PEY (at class E) as you will earn 150 club points round trip for your SIN-HKG-LAX.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
FWIW - MPC Silver is not something that is easier to achieve, especially with discounted Y fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.