Differences between gold and diamond?

Old Dec 25, 17, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Cathay Pacific
Differences between gold and diamond?

Is there a huge difference between gold and diamond member? Can some dm member here share about your experiences? Thanks!

I am currently gold and had about 8xx club points, my calendar year end at march 2018, is it worth for me the run 400 club points more to reach the diamond status?
Old Dec 25, 17, 2:28 am

Programs: CX DM
f ground service is the main perk for dm
Old Dec 25, 17, 3:14 am

Programs: CX DM A3 Gold
Originally Posted by 360cisitalia View Post
f ground service is the main perk for dm
Aside from F ground service, my experience has been:
- Far better call centre service - I generally have someone on the line within the first 3 rings on every call to the DM no.
- Better availability of full or upgrade seat redemptions on CX flights.
- More frequent op-ups when flights are oversold in the class you're booked in. I value this on short haul flights as company policy is to fly economy under 6 hours.
Old Dec 25, 17, 8:31 am
mxr

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by klau010 View Post
Is there a huge difference between gold and diamond member? Can some dm member here share about your experiences? Thanks!

I am currently gold and had about 8xx club points, my calendar year end at march 2018, is it worth for me the run 400 club points more to reach the diamond status?
Points already listed above by 360cisitalia and KACommuter. The F lounges in HK are very nice but really not that necessary.

Is it worth it for you to "run" 400 more club points for these perks? If you are spending the money yourself then I'd argue not.
Old Dec 25, 17, 9:53 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
OP should also consider the mid-tier GO benefit... If you will still be far from DM next year i.e. your travel pattern won't afford you to stay DM then maybe you can run the mid-tier GO benefit instead...
Old Dec 25, 17, 8:53 pm

Some of my friends were recently being upgraded from Gold to DM at their renewal. One of them even only had 700-ish CP.

so may be you donít even need a run to get the DM
Old Dec 25, 17, 8:57 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. CX Nobody
Originally Posted by Blackbird_hkg View Post
Some of my friends were recently being upgraded from Gold to DM at their renewal. One of them even only had 700-ish CP.

heard of this rumor/anacdotal stories after recent exodus but that's very very poor form. My colleagues did some miles run to meet the requalification (flew business to LAX) and if he figures out they are doing this what do you think he feels?

anyways that answers... Gold and Diamond are treated equally, if qualification bar is unofficially lowered.
Old Dec 25, 17, 11:48 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Gold is $1278.47 an oz at the moment...
Diamonds...... I wish I could have an oz.
Old Dec 26, 17, 12:12 am
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Blackbird_hkg View Post

If this is true I wonder if it is based on a revenue threshold being reached. If thatís the case they should just change the program to a revenue based program and be transparent.
Old Dec 26, 17, 4:52 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
With a DM you can play the DYKWIA card properly with out being laughed at by any other DMs.

You probably will also be greeted so many times that makes you feel like a royal...

You can also proudly have first class tags every single time when you fly CX and KA!
Old Dec 26, 17, 5:00 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by sxc View Post

If this is true I wonder if it is based on a revenue threshold being reached. If thatís the case they should just change the program to a revenue based program and be transparent.
Revenue based ? Hmmm, not sure, I got offered Gold from scratch, by just a click on a button after travelling J for less then a total value of EUR 7K.
Looks more "panic mode" to me, TBH.
Old Dec 26, 17, 5:02 am
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Cambo View Post
Revenue based ? Hmmm, not sure, I got offered Gold from scratch, by just a click on a button after travelling J for less then a total value of EUR 7K.
Looks more "panic mode" to me, TBH.
How did this work? Did you get sent an email and were you already a Marco Polo member that credited those flights to your account?
Old Dec 26, 17, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by sxc View Post

How did this work? Did you get sent an email and were you already a Marco Polo member that credited those flights to your account?
Only AM sign-up and fly in 16 months for around EUR 7K. Got an email with the MP Gold offer, after flying 3 returns and one outbound AMS-HKG-BKK in J (effective I). And TBH, one more return purchased at that moment.

What might have helped is, I made a positive cabin crew recommendation on the last outbound (although that only got acknowledged a month after flying the inbound).

And what might have helped, is that none of the Gold perks would be applicable for me. So, effectively the only costs for Cathay would be sending the badges......
Old Dec 26, 17, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Cambo View Post
Only AM sign-up and fly in 16 months for around EUR 7K. Got an email with the MP Gold offer, after flying 3 returns and one outbound AMS-HKG-BKK in J (effective I). And TBH, one more return purchased at that moment.

What might have helped is, I made a positive cabin crew recommendation on the last outbound (although that only got acknowledged a month after flying the inbound).

And what might have helped, is that none of the Gold perks would be applicable for me. So, effectively the only costs for Cathay would be sending the badges......
That seems useless, so they offer you gold status with no perks?
Old Dec 26, 17, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by gambud View Post
That seems useless, so they offer you gold status with no perks?
Gold with all the perks, though all the useful perks for me are already included in the J Ticket.
dmatthew likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: