Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cathay cancels staff bonus, offers 1% pay rise

Cathay cancels staff bonus, offers 1% pay rise

Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:44 am

Took a gander at Pprune tonight (do recall the "Ru" in that name"), and noticing what seems to be some calls for strikes and alleged mass resignations. Also claims of a sick-out today. Be interesting to see what happens, and I can imagine a Lunar New Year strike would be quite damaging if it ever went forward.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:19 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by maverick17
a Lunar New Year strike would be quite damaging if it ever went forward.
Go right ahead. I would love to see thousands of higher civil servants' holiday plans disrupted (even with my own) and CAD stop being chummy with CX (maybe slap a route freeze on them and force CX to regurgitate some slots).
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith
Go right ahead. I would love to see thousands of higher civil servants' holiday plans disrupted (even with my own) and CAD stop being chummy with CX (maybe slap a route freeze on them and force CX to regurgitate some slots).
why should CX have to give up slots?

it is not their fault that they have outdone the competition

HKG had heaps of slots for 15 years- where were the competitors?- sleeping
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:36 pm

even there is strike during chinese new year, CX can still solve that as Qatar airways is willing to help CX.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by Aus106080
even there is strike during chinese new year, CX can still solve that as Qatar airways is willing to help CX.
actually I hope this happens
teach the whining pilots a good lesson
Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:29 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Kachjc
HKG had heaps of slots for 15 years- where were the competitors?- sleeping
Declared non-PPB https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...ect-cx-35.html. I hope the next one has a better shot.

Originally Posted by Kachjc
actually I hope this happens
I agree on this part. For my own reasons.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:31 am

Go right ahead.
I have no skin in this game. I use CX a few times a year from SGN, and have enjoyed my flights on them. I also have a soft spot for HKG the airport and the city, so I would like to see a thriving CX, but I don't really know the way to make that happen. I find these threads on the business of CX quite interesting.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.