Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Those fake BOSE Noise Reduction headsets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Those fake BOSE Noise Reduction headsets

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2003, 10:28 am

Is that BA lounge at SFO open before the CX flight?

I was there on Jan. 12 to take the CX flight out of SFO and went to the BA lounge but it was closed. Or was it me who could just not get it open?
Old Jan 16, 2003, 11:15 am

I'd thought the BA lounge was used by Asiana (but maybe by China as well). The Asiana flight operates an hour or so after the CX flight, but only 3 or 4 days a week (seemingly never when I'm traveling).

I'm amazed that JAL has such an unpleasant 1st cl "lounge." For the CX flights, use of the 1st-cl lounge is on the honor system (and often not observed), and the signs requesting no cell phone usage seem to be equally ignored.

Fortunately, the 14 or 15 hours one spends on the plane makes the "lounge" experience bearable enough.
Old Jan 17, 2003, 3:19 pm

Regarding those Sony NR in 1st, the head FA knew exactly how to unplug them. There is a plastic cover held with velcro that you can remove to get to the actual plug. It is 3 prongs, but if you have your BOSE 2 prong adapter the adapter plugs in only 1 way. And vastly superior to those Sony's. I think they are the AWAI on the ear by the way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.