Make your own Cathay Delight

Old Apr 29, 2020, 3:40 am

Programs: CX Gold
I thought mint is just for garnishing
fallinasleep and sparkj like this.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 10:13 am

Programs: CX Diamond / OWE
Originally Posted by sxc
I think mint is quite important. You can usually find them in The larger HK supermarkets. Or in the wet market.
I think putting a couple mint leaves in the blender with the other ingredients will add a nice touch to the drink. And having it as a garnish will work wonders too, so while not really essential, I'd go get some mint from the wet markets.
sparkj likes this.
Old May 5, 2020, 2:01 am

Programs: CX DM/OWE, Marriott Platinum
Tried it this weekend, ended up juicing my own Kiwis, but don't have a blender so didn't put mint leaves until after but it tastes just like the one on the plane!
Cryofern likes this.
Old May 6, 2020, 7:17 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
I tried it but it turned out more watery than the lounge version.
Is it just me?
Old May 6, 2020, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by realgaga
I tried it but it turned out more watery than the lounge version.
Is it just me?
I added milk bit by bit, i felt you only need about half the amount of milk in the video
ernestnywang and Sozee like this.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
The one on board is a little different because they come in powder form and they mix it with the kiwi juice.

I had a fa give me a few packs of the mix a while back. Any idea where you can buy it? Says made in New Zealand on it.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA
I had a fa give me a few packs of the mix a while back. Any idea where you can buy it? Says made in New Zealand on it.
No idea what the pack looks like. Perhaps you can take a photo of the pack and do a google photo search.

I'm interested to know too, because when I try making it with kiwi juice, I don't get exactly the same taste as what CX serves onboard and in their HKG lounges.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 9:26 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA
I think its proprietary to CX since its a CX formulation. Hope your FA didn't get in trouble for giving them out.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 7:55 pm

Tried making one from fresh kiwis and didn't taste the same. There's a bittery taste to it. Should I peel first? Remove the seeds?
Old Jul 20, 2020, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by boybi
Tried making one from fresh kiwis and didn't taste the same. There's a bittery taste to it. Should I peel first? Remove the seeds?
Its better to use Kiwi Juice.... i tried a few times and it only works well if you have very ripe Kiwis
Also i feel like u need to use maybe 30% less milk/coconut milk as stated in their recipe (but probably cuz the Kiwis i had didn't have enough punch)
Old Jul 20, 2020, 10:37 pm

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to find kiwi juice in my country.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by boybi
Unfortunately I haven’t been able to find kiwi juice in my country.
I just buy the freshly made ones from cafes and 7-11, its expensive but oh well...
Old Dec 26, 2020, 1:08 pm

Programs: LH HON | UA 1K
Just want to tell everyone that I tried the BKK Lounge Cathay Delight and it was incredible, I wish I had a good recipe for it.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by Alisamix
Just want to tell everyone that I tried the BKK Lounge Cathay Delight and it was incredible, I wish I had a good recipe for it.
Next time, go sit at the bar and watch them do it live!
Old Dec 27, 2020, 10:12 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Just saw this thread. Had tried to recreate 6 months ago and seems I made a double error, normal instead of overripe kiwis and too much coconut milk. The sourness of normal kiwis somewhat overpowered the mixture even with excess coconut milk.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.