FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Unable to issue boarding pass online? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1879005-unable-issue-boarding-pass-online.html)

xuukgo Nov 22, 2017 6:29 pm

Unable to issue boarding pass online?

Just did an OLCI and saw the following message.

It is ICN and I was able to get boarding pass before on this route and actually every other routes.

Since it is not a US destination I suppose SSSS does not relate here?

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c8643f6f5.jpeg

percysmith Nov 22, 2017 7:40 pm

From ICN?

xuukgo Nov 22, 2017 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith (Post 29091423)
From ICN?

HKG to ICN

percysmith Nov 22, 2017 9:13 pm

Seems like system bug.

But unlike neat0's case https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...9-yyz-hkg.html if you're getting it others should get it too. Don't worry.

jerrywu Nov 23, 2017 6:57 am

Interesting, but do you need a visa to enter into Korea?

xuukgo Nov 23, 2017 8:20 am

Originally Posted by jerrywu (Post 29092548)
Interesting, but do you need a visa to enter into Korea?

No. But isn't that true even visa is required, online and mobile boarding pass can be issued?

ernestnywang Nov 23, 2017 9:06 am

I've been getting this very frequently these days. Asked check-in desks they never had an answer.

jerrywu Nov 23, 2017 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by xuukgo (Post 29092762)
No. But isn't that true even visa is required, online and mobile boarding pass can be issued?

You made the point, but some countries do require onward traveling ticket, and airline check-in counter has to verify this. I got this a couple times this year, it never occurred to me in the past.

xuukgo Nov 23, 2017 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by jerrywu (Post 29093987)
You made the point, but some countries do require onward traveling ticket, and airline check-in counter has to verify this. I got this a couple times this year, it never occurred to me in the past.

Interesting. This is the first time I got this and definitely not expecting one for ICN as I have been flying there on CX for many times. So it seems now I will have to visit the counter even if I have carry-on only.

But will you be able to get a mobile boarding pass after you visit the check-in counter? It would be good to be able to have mobile pass instead of holding two pieces of paper on hand LOL

HKGglobaltrotter Nov 23, 2017 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by xuukgo (Post 29094167)
Interesting. This is the first time I got this and definitely not expecting one for ICN as I have been flying there on CX for many times. So it seems now I will have to visit the counter even if I have carry-on only.

But will you be able to get a mobile boarding pass after you visit the check-in counter? It would be good to be able to have mobile pass instead of holding two pieces of paper on hand LOL

I had the same message last week when I had my HKG-TPE leg. I did have an onward journey but it wasn't with CX so the system automatically stopped me from downloading the boarding pass (as explained by check in agent at HKIA). After I got my paper boarding pass, I then went on the app and downloaded the mobile boarding pass so you can def get one after the agent 'cleared' you for boarding.

iansh Nov 23, 2017 9:24 pm

Got a few of these for a while and finally got cleared after checking at the airport DM desk. Apparently, there was a duplicate error on my passport (not sure how that happened). After the agent cleared (by phoning the back office), no problem since.

marcuslai Nov 23, 2017 10:00 pm

Had this once as well. Reason I couldn't get a mobile bp given by the agent at HKIA was that my stay in the destination was less than 24 hours. Perhaps the app had problems figuring out the papers required for a transit vs. a stopover vs. a stay.

HaikalS Nov 24, 2017 1:46 am

Same thing here... I fly in and out of TPE almost every week and never had this problem until a couple of months ago. Now because of my Indonesian passport every where I go I can't use a mobile boarding pass it seems (I've had this at HKG, KUL, SIN, BOS, ORD, CDG). The only time I can get a mobile boarding pass seems to be when I'm heading back to my home country

jerrywu Nov 24, 2017 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by xuukgo (Post 29094167)

The answer is YES. Once checked in with CX counter, I was able to download a mobile boarding pass. And, yes, in multi times of such incidents, I have onward traveling tickets.

xuukgo Nov 24, 2017 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by jerrywu (Post 29097067)
The answer is YES. Once checked in with CX counter, I was able to download a mobile boarding pass. And, yes, in multi times of such incidents, I have onward traveling tickets.

well interestingly I just did my flight. I was unable to get mobile pass even after visiting checkin counter and they just don't know why. And my return ticket is with CX as well. I hope this is just one time incident though...would be definitely troublesome to visit counter everytime