CX policies on fare change?

Old Nov 20, 17, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Occasional RTW club
CX policies on fare change?

Hi all,

Curious what the CX policies on fare changes are. I'm looking to book an I fare that requires a minimum 2 day stay: for example's sake, landing on the 1st of the month at 9pm (in Delhi), and departing on the 1am flight on the 3rd. This fare is about $1,200 cheaper than the J fare, which allows anytime turn; I really prefer to depart on the 10:30pm flight earlier in the night (i.e., on the 2nd), but that breaks the 2 calendar day requirement.

What are my chances of a change from the 1am to the 10pm flight, since I guess it's not really same day - technically previous calendar day, even if "same evening"? I don't expect either flight to be full, so space won't be an issue, but should I be expecting to pay the $1.2K fare difference, or is there anything I can do to reduce that, either before travel has begun or after? This would be an all-CX ticket, issued by CX. I have OWE status, though not via CX.

Thanks for any help.
Old Nov 20, 17, 8:39 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Hi all,

Curious what the CX policies on fare changes are. I'm looking to book an I fare that requires a minimum 2 day stay: for example's sake, landing on the 1st of the month at 9pm (in Delhi), and departing on the 1am flight on the 3rd. This fare is about $1,200 cheaper than the J fare, which allows anytime turn; I really prefer to depart on the 10:30pm flight earlier in the night (i.e., on the 2nd), but that breaks the 2 calendar day requirement.

What are my chances of a change from the 1am to the 10pm flight, since I guess it's not really same day - technically previous calendar day, even if "same evening"? I don't expect either flight to be full, so space won't be an issue, but should I be expecting to pay the $1.2K fare difference, or is there anything I can do to reduce that, either before travel has begun or after? This would be an all-CX ticket, issued by CX. I have OWE status, though not via CX.

Thanks for any help.
Worth a try at the airport, imho.

I've done this a couple of times- although never in violation of the fare rules. Many moons ago, when I was a SL, they even gave me a DEL-HKG bp for the earlier flight at, check-in when I was ticketed DEL-BKK-HKG (diff flight numbers, think it was an award), with DEL-BKK being the 'later' flight out of DEL then.

The 2 flights leave close enough, and I've seen availability swing wildly, And have also seen Y overbooked when expertflyer/cx showed availability. Tough if the earlier flight is overbooked, but they'll probably be keen, if the flight that you're on, is.

If it fails, just get a massage at the airport!
Old Nov 20, 17, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by jagmeets View Post
Worth a try at the airport, imho.

I've done this a couple of times- although never in violation of the fare rules. Many moons ago, when I was a SL, they even gave me a DEL-HKG bp for the earlier flight at, check-in when I was ticketed DEL-BKK-HKG (diff flight numbers, think it was an award), with DEL-BKK being the 'later' flight out of DEL then.

The 2 flights leave close enough, and I've seen availability swing wildly, And have also seen Y overbooked when expertflyer/cx showed availability. Tough if the earlier flight is overbooked, but they'll probably be keen, if the flight that you're on, is.

If it fails, just get a massage at the airport!
Cool, thanks for the info. Guess the worst thing is that I'd have to show up to the 10:30 flight what, around 9, to allow time for the change.... and then suddenly spend around 5 hours bouncing around the airport. Maybe I can just drive by and see if I can see an agent, and get back out ... if I can convince the airport security to let me out again.

Search this Thread