Search

CX Transfer to LH at FRA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2002, 11:36 pm
JSL
Original Poster

CX Transfer to LH at FRA

CROSS-POSTED AT CX & LH FORUMS.

Has anyone transferred from CX to LH at FRA?

I'm planning a trip on CX from HKG to FRA and will connect on the same day on LH from FRA to LHR on a separate ticket. I realize CX has a HKG-LHR non-stop. However, at the moment I cannot change my routing.

I'm not a US citizen but I know that I do not need an airport transit visa for Germany. I am wondering how the transit procedure will work using the Sky Line to get from CX Arrivals at Terminal 2E to LH Departures at Terminal 1A.

Will the transit from Terminal 2E to Terminal 1A involve leaving the international transit area at the airport? I'm guessing that the transfer between terminals will involve passport checkpoints.

I have a UK visa so I don't expect problems at passport control. But, I am not sure whether CX in HKG can issue an LH boarding pass for my FRA-LHR sector (which is a separate ticket). If I don't have an onward FRA-LHR boarding pass, will passport control be a real hassle?

It would be ideal if my transfer at FRA would work like transfers at Chep Lap Kok, ie., arrivals on one level leading to transfer desks followed by clearing security to get to the departures level.

What's the likelihood of my luggage making the transfer from CX to LH if I have 3 hours between my CX arrival and my LH departure? I'm assuming that CX can check my bags thru to LHR.

I'd like to avoid hassles during my transit and would appreciate any advice, insight, suggestions or information FTers can give. Many thanks!
Old Sep 17, 2002, 1:02 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, BA Gold, Shang Elite
i had transferred on hkg-fra-txl,
the second leg being domestic and i had gone through immigration.

the process is very smooth, and in early morning even immigration was straight gthrough (i had visa to enter EU, and it was before schegen was fully implemented). i think it took me about 20 minute gate to gate(with a lot walking to the LH gate after getting off the skytrain)
so i guess it would only be easier for international transit

[This message has been edited by pegasus8228 (edited 09-17-2002).]
Old Sep 17, 2002, 4:44 am

Just posted an answer to your (identical) question in the Lufthansa Forum.
Hope this helps.
Old Sep 17, 2002, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Hi JSL.

Answers to your question here ... As you are not travelling into Germany, you do not need to go through immigration and you will be transferred 'internally' from Terminal 2 (where CX docks) to Terminal 1 (where LH departs). There is a 'Skytrain' which will carry out the transfers and the security controls within FRA Interantional Airport is very good.

Even though the permissble transit time is 1 hour, I would allow at least 2 hours for transfers between the 2 terminals.

Old Sep 17, 2002, 10:28 pm
JSL
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies!
Old Jun 2, 2018, 9:14 pm
JRK

Programs: CX DM, *G (ASIANA); GS DM, Hilton Gold
CX to LH domestic use airside skytrain?

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Hi JSL.

Answers to your question here ... As you are not travelling into Germany, you do not need to go through immigration and you will be transferred 'internally' from Terminal 2 (where CX docks) to Terminal 1 (where LH departs). There is a 'Skytrain' which will carry out the transfers and the security controls within FRA Interantional Airport is very good.

Even though the permissble transit time is 1 hour, I would allow at least 2 hours for transfers between the 2 terminals.
Apologies for bumping this old thread.

Connecting from CX to LH domestic flight and wondering if I can take the airside sky train from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1 A/Z and than clear security AND IMMIGRATION there before going to my connecting gate? [as opposed to clear immigration in Terminal 2 and hike back up to the landside sky train....]
Old Jun 2, 2018, 9:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JRK
Apologies for bumping this old thread.

Connecting from CX to LH domestic flight and wondering if I can take the airside sky train from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1 A/Z and than clear security AND IMMIGRATION there before going to my connecting gate? [as opposed to clear immigration in Terminal 2 and hike back up to the landside sky train....]
What the heck ...

anyways, since ure going from non-schengen to schengen, you’ll have to go through immigration for sure. However you can choose between taking the airtrain airside and clear immigration at T1 as a transit pax, or clear immigration at T2 then go to T1 landside and re-clear security landside.

my limited experience is that “taking the airtrain airside and clear immigration at T1 as a transit pax” has a shorter queue.
there are also lots of transit desk pre-transit security at t1 for ur onward bp
Old Jun 3, 2018, 1:17 am
JRK

Programs: CX DM, *G (ASIANA); GS DM, Hilton Gold
thanks for the quick reply Kaka. Will likely try the T1 route then....
Old Jun 3, 2018, 10:24 pm

Just FYI, the skyline train was out of service last week and from the way I understood it but not confirmed, will be for a while. They are using some sort of shuttle bus to bring pax from T2 to T1. Entrance is across from the MoschMosch restaurant

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.