Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Matrix suggests unbookable CX I itinerary?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, UA

Dear CX experts, I need to do a whirlwind trip to SYD and HKG at the start of December. On Matrix I'm finding:

05 Dec: LHR-HKG CX254
06 Dec: HKG-SYD CX111
10 Dec: SYD-HKG CX100
13 Dec: HKG-LHR CX257

Fare basis is ILATRGB8 and fare rules indicate this is really LHR-SYD-LHR with a free stopover in HKG (on the way back in my case).

Prices at £3,010 on Matrix.

I go to the CX website, exact same itinerary, but can only get it to price in D class at £5,485.

Any ideas?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by Funster
Dear CX experts, I need to do a whirlwind trip to SYD and HKG at the start of December. On Matrix I'm finding:

05 Dec: LHR-HKG CX254
06 Dec: HKG-SYD CX111
10 Dec: SYD-HKG CX100
13 Dec: HKG-LHR CX257

Fare basis is ILATRGB8 and fare rules indicate this is really LHR-SYD-LHR with a free stopover in HKG (on the way back in my case).

Prices at £3,010 on Matrix.

I go to the CX website, exact same itinerary, but can only get it to price in D class at £5,485.

Any ideas?
book with a travel agent?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Don't think I'd ever leave my corporate travel agent to book anything without me mostly telling them what I wanted!
Old Nov 10, 2017, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Just for reference to complete the story... I pestered my corporate TA to look for CX I-class and they managed to find an itinerary that was almost exactly what I needed. Slight changes required to my schedule for an earlier o/b to start the trip off, but it eventually came in at £3,277, which was acceptable in this case.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Funster
Just for reference to complete the story... I pestered my corporate TA to look for CX I-class and they managed to find an itinerary that was almost exactly what I needed. Slight changes required to my schedule for an earlier o/b to start the trip off, but it eventually came in at £3,277, which was acceptable in this case.
Did you check ex-EU prices, e.g. ex DUS/AMS?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by puchong
Did you check ex-EU prices, e.g. ex DUS/AMS?
I didn't, but to be honest, I can't afford the time on this work trip to position so ex-LON will do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.