Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Removing MPC number from upgrade award return ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPC DM

I'm returning to US next week on an upgrade award PEY -> J. My membership rolls over at the end of November and I just reached the GO renewal threshold of 600CP exactly. The return flight will credit 60CP which will be lost.

With the increase on CP going into effect for next year, I might try and increase my pattern a bit to reach DM next November. At least shoot for the GO 1000CP mid-tier benefit. So I'm looking to bank as many points as possible.

My normal pattern is 6 long hauls, NYC-HKG, per year booked in PEY and using upgrade awards from R class to J every other flight. If I can increase to 8 R class long hauls next year, with an occasional E class, I just might make DM.

So, is it valid to remove my MPC number from the upgrade award ticket for next week, then do a missing miles request in December. Does the award ticket need to have my MPC number stamped?

How is this done online? Do I just go to 'manage booking', edit 'Frequent Flyer Programme' and clear out the entry?

Also, since this is upgrade award to J, if MPC number is no longer on the ticket do I still get J lounge access?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by synthkeys
Also, since this is upgrade award to J, if MPC number is no longer on the ticket do I still get J lounge access?
1) I believe you are able to access the lounge by showing your membership card.

2) A ticketed J upgrades will come with all the J benefits. e.g. When I do a PEY->J mileage upgrade, I can get access to the arrival lounge in HKG.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:03 am

It's probably easier to just renew your membership early so that your return flight 60 CP falls into next membership year. I've done this before for the same reason

Next year, you can ask them for an extension I've also gotten this before

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.