Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

50% Conversion from hotel points Bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50% Conversion from hotel points Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
Originally Posted by etkuo
Update: Agent called back twice and eventually was able to process the transaction. Hopefully everything is done properly. I will keep you guys posted when the miles post to AM.
First time I did it, I was able to do it using their online chat. It was painless and fast.

Second time sucked. TWO separate online chat agents said it was not possible to do online and I'd need to call it. The call in process was long, in part because of their stupid automated voice system. Anyway, it got done.

I sent a message to them at [email protected] and suggested that they do a more thorough job of training their online chat people, and also find a way to improve their voice system.

Send them a note. It will be good for them to hear this multiple times.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 10:50 pm

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by Gongzuokuang
First time I did it, I was able to do it using their online chat. It was painless and fast.

Second time sucked. TWO separate online chat agents said it was not possible to do online and I'd need to call it. The call in process was long, in part because of their stupid automated voice system. Anyway, it got done.

I sent a message to them at [email protected] and suggested that they do a more thorough job of training their online chat people, and also find a way to improve their voice system.

Send them a note. It will be good for them to hear this multiple times.
Thanks for the reply.

Ya at this technological age there is no excuse that there is no option to do such simple transaction through their website, and if they wanted us to contact IHG Rewards Customer Care to redeem the points, then the least they could do is to make sure that their staff is trained properly.

At the end the agent figured it out after talking to a few of her colleagues/supervisors, and she called me back twice. She was very apologetic and tried her best to be helpful. She could have ignored my request and went on with her life after our phone call, but she pressed on and eventually figured it out and called me back.

I will send a quick note to [email protected] as suggested. Thanks again.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
I've just converted 1500 Shangri-La Golden Circle points to Asia Miles even though the conversion page states that a minimum of 2500 must be converted. I really wanted to convert 1650 but it would only accept blocks of 500.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
Just wanted to follow-up, has anyone received their bonus points yet?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by etkuo
Just wanted to follow-up, has anyone received their bonus points yet?
Not yet.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 3:49 am

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
Nope, not yet..
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plus Platinum, Caesar's Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold,
The promotion calculates miles credited up until 28 February 2018 (with activity dates prior to 31 Dec 2017), so will likely post after that date. Bonus miles will be posted before 31 March 2018 at the latest.
Old May 8, 2018, 10:37 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Accor Gold
Convert Your Hotel Points to Redeem Your Summer Escape

The offer is back (but not for everyone).

Earn more miles quickly and easily by converting your hotel points. If you haven’t converted any of your hotel points since May 2017, you’ll earn 50% bonus miles

m.e.asiamiles.com/webApp/hotelpointconversionmay2018_en

* Only available to those who have not converted hotel points between 01 May 2017 and 07 May 2018.

* Can convert points from 12 hotel loyalty programmes (see T&C's below), but does not include Starwood Preferred Guest and Marriott Rewards.

* No limit on conversions (either hotel programme or number of conversions).

* Activity date on the monthly statement must be between 8 May and 30 June 2018 and the regular miles must be credited on or before 31 August 2018.

* Bonus miles will be credited in one go on or before 30 September 2018.

Terms & Conditions:

* The “Hotel Points Conversion Campaign from Participating Hotel Partners” (“Promotion”) is valid from 8 May 2018 (starting from 00:00 GMT+8) to 30 June 2018 (until 23:59 GMT+8), based on points conversion date (“activity date”), both dates inclusive (“Promotion Period”).

* The Promotion is applicable to Marco Polo Club and Asia Miles members who haven't converted points from any hotel partners’ loyalty programmes between 1 May 2017 and 7 May 2018 (“Eligible Members”), based on the activity date.

* Eligible Members who successfully convert their hotel points from the 12 participating hotel loyalty programmes into Asia Miles during the above mentioned Promotion Period will be entitled to 50% bonus miles. The bonus miles will be based on the regular miles converted from hotel points, and will be rounded up to the nearest whole Asia Miles. Bonus miles will only be earned on the regular miles earned by points conversion. They will not be earned on those earned from hotel stays. Members who convert points from Marriott Rewards® or Starwood Preferred Guest programmes into Asia Miles cannot join this Promotion but are still able to earn regular miles in accordance with the earning proposition listed on Asiamiles.com.

* Participating hotels and loyalty programmes are listed below:
Hotel Partners : Loyalty Programmes
AccorHotels & Resorts : Le Club AccorHotels
Best Western Hotels & Resorts : Best Western Rewards
Hilton : Hilton Honors
Hyatt Hotels & Resorts™ : World of Hyatt
InterContinental® Hotels Group : IHG® Rewards Club
New Century Hotels & Resorts : New Century Club
Radisson Hotel Group : Radisson RewardsTM
Regal Hotels International Limited : Regal Rewards
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts : Golden Circle
Wanda Hotels & Resorts : Wanda Club
Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas : Anantara Vacation Club
Minyoun Hospitality Corporation Ltd : My Club

* There is no limitation on how many loyalty programmes can be converted from and how many times you convert points. For example, an Eligible Member who converted 5,000 Asia Miles from Golden Circle and converted 10,000 Asia Miles from Hilton Honors would get a bonus of 7,500 Asia Miles from this Promotion.

* The minimum conversion amount and conversion unit vary by the 12 participating hotel loyalty programmes. Terms and Conditions of the 12 participating hotel loyalty programmes apply. Please refer to the individual hotel partner’s webpage or the hotel partners' page on Asiamiles.com for details.

* To join the Promotion, Eligible Members are required to convert their hotel points from any of the 12 participating hotel loyalty programmes into Asia Miles (including auto-conversion) during the Promotion Period (i.e. the activity date for the relevant conversion transactions shown on the Eligible Member’s Asia Miles or Marco Polo Club monthly statement must be between 8 May and 30 June 2018, and the regular miles must be credited to the Eligible Member's account on or before 31 August 2018).

* The registered name of the Eligible Member in Asia Miles must be the same as the name in the participating hotel loyalty programme. Asia Miles will not accept any liability in relation to any loss incurred due to incorrect information provided by the Eligible Member.

* Once the hotel points conversion to Asia Miles is successful, the request to convert hotels points cannot be cancelled or reversed.

* The bonus Asia Miles will be credited to the Eligible Member’s Asia Miles account in one go on or before 30 September 2018 with the description of “Hotel Points Conversion Campaign from Participating Hotel Partners”, separate from the regular miles converted from the hotels.

* The bonus miles awarded through this Promotion are not transferable or exchangeable for cash or credit.

* The Eligible Member’s Marco Polo Club or Asia Miles account must be valid when the bonus miles are to be credited.

* Asia Miles Limited reserves the right to alter or terminate this Promotion or amend the Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice.

* All matters or disputes will be subject to the final decision of Asia Miles Limited.

* Other Asia Miles terms and conditions apply.
Old May 12, 2018, 8:42 am

This is really a great concept, and I'm a little bummed that this new offer excludes those of us that accepted their last offer. I'm going to horde hotel points for a little while now to see if they offer it again without the restriction. Based on the wording, perhaps they'll allow you to do it once per year.

I did this when they offered it last year. Only had one minor hiccup. On one day I transferred 300K miles, which should have translated into 60K Asia Miles, and subsequently a 30K bonus. When they released the bonus, I only received 18K miles. It took some digging but I finally figured out what happened. IHG will only allow you to transfer a maximum of 120,000 points per transaction (which translates into 24,000 Asia Miles). So I had to do two 120K transfers, and one 60K transfer. It translated into two 24K Asia Mile deposits, and one 12K AM deposit. I think someone (or some program subroutine) thought the two 24K transfers on the same day was some error, and so they only awarded for one of them. It took a few emails to MPC and maybe 4-6 weeks to get it cleared-up.

Anyway, the 90K Asia Miles are much more valuable to me than the 300K IHG points, so I hope they do this again! :-)
Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:49 am

How long does it usually take for the miles to post if transfer from IHG to AM?

On IHG's websit, it says:
When would it be delivered?
Please allow 4-6 week(s) for the receipt of your reward.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:19 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Accor Gold
Convert your hotel points for 50% more Miles

The offer is back (and seemingly open to everyone).

Boost your Miles and get closer to your next vacation.
This holiday season, give yourself the gift of more Miles! Convert your hotel points into Asia Miles to enjoy a greater variety of unique rewards.
From now until 31 January 2019, simply convert your hotel points from participating hotel groups to Asia Miles, and you you'll earn an extra 50% Bonus Miles#!
# The 50% Bonus Miles offer does not apply to Starwood Preferred Guest and Marriott Rewards® programmes. You will earn regular Miles by converting your points from these hotel loyalty programmes.

m.e.asiamiles.com/webApp/hotelpointconversiondec2018_en

Terms & Conditions:
  1. The "Hotel Points Conversion Campaign from Participating Hotel Partners" ("Promotion") is valid from 1 December 2018 (starting from 00:00 GMT+8) to 31 January 2019 (until 23:59 GMT+8), based on points conversion date ("activity date"), both dates inclusive ("Promotion Period").
  2. The Promotion is applicable to Marco Polo and Asia Miles members (“Eligible Members”) who successfully convert their hotel points from the 12 participating hotel loyalty programmes into Asia Miles during the above mentioned Promotion Period will be entitled to 50% Bonus Miles.
  3. The Bonus Miles will be based on the regular miles converted from hotel points, and will be rounded up to the nearest whole Asia Miles. Bonus Miles will only be awarded to the regular miles earned by hotel points conversion. Members cannot earn the Bonus Miles on those direct miles earning from hotel stays. Members who convert points from Marriott Rewards® or Starwood Preferred Guest programmes into Asia Miles cannot join this Promotion but are still able to earn regular miles in accordance with the earning proposition listed on Asiamiles.com.
  4. Participating hotels and loyalty programmes are listed below:
    Hotel Partners ~~ Loyalty Programmes
    AccorHotels & Resorts ~~ Le Club AccorHotels
    Best Western Hotels & Resorts ~~ Best Western Rewards
    Hilton ~~ Hilton Honors
    Hyatt Hotels & Resorts™ ~~ World of Hyatt
    InterContinental® Hotels Group ~~ IHG® Rewards Club
    New Century Hotels & Resorts ~~ New Century Club
    Radisson Hotel Group ~~ Radisson Rewards™
    Regal Hotels International Limited ~~ Regal Rewards
    Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts ~~ Golden Circle
    Wanda Hotels & Resorts ~~ Wanda Club
    Minor Hotels ~~ Anantara Vacation Club
    Minyoun Hospitality Corporation Ltd ~~ My Club
  5. There is no limitation on how many loyalty programmes can be converted from and how many times you convert points. For example, an Eligible Member who converted 5,000 Asia Miles from Golden Circle and converted 10,000 Asia Miles from Hilton Honors would get a bonus of 7,500 Asia Miles from this Promotion.
  6. The minimum conversion amount and conversion unit vary by the 12 participating hotel loyalty programmes. Terms and Conditions of the 12 participating hotel loyalty programmes apply. Please refer to the individual hotel partner’s webpage or the hotel partners' page on Asiamiles.com for details.
  7. To join the Promotion, Eligible Members are required to convert their hotel points from any of the 12 participating hotel loyalty programmes into Asia Miles (including auto-conversion) during the Promotion Period (i.e. the activity date for the relevant conversion transactions shown on the Eligible Member's Asia Miles or Marco Polo Club monthly statement must be between 1 December 2018 and 31 January 2019, and the regular miles must be credited to the Eligible Member's account on or before 31 March 2019).
  8. The registered name of the Eligible Member in Asia Miles must be the same as the name in the participating hotel loyalty programme. Asia Miles will not accept any liability in relation to any loss incurred due to incorrect information provided by the Eligible Member.
  9. Once the hotel points conversion to Asia Miles is successful, the request for convert hotels points cannot be cancelled or reversed.
  10. Except the points conversion from Golden Circle, the Bonus Asia Miles will be credited to the Eligible Member's Asia Miles account in one go on or before 30 April 2019 with the description of "Dec2018 - Hotel Points Conversion Campaign", separate from the regular miles converted from the other participating hotel loyalty programmes.
  11. Points conversion from Golden Circle to Asia Miles with below activity dates will be credited in Eligible Member’s account with below specific dates:
    • Activity date : 1 - 31 December 2018 ; crediting date : by 15 February 2019;
    • Activity date : 1 - 31 January 2019 ; crediting date : by 30 April 2019;
  12. The Miles awarded in this Promotion are not transferable or exchangeable for cash or credit.
  13. The Eligible Member's Marco Polo Club or Asia Miles account must be valid when the bonus miles are to be credited.
  14. Asia Miles Limited reserves the right to alter or terminate this Promotion or amend the Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice.
  15. All matters or disputes will be subject to the final decision of Asia Miles Limited.
  16. Other Asia Miles terms and conditions apply.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:36 am

It almost overlapped with the 100% bonus when purchasing points from IHG. The IHG promo ended November 30; this started December 1.

Combined, they make a sweet deal.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OWS)
I have a few (<10k) Fortunes Wings Miles. I believe I could use points.com to convert these to IHG points, then this promo to convert to AM? Fortune Wings Miles do not have much value to me, so could be worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.