Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

50% Conversion from hotel points Bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond

From now until December 31, 2017, convert your hotel points from 13 participating hotel groups to Asia Miles and you can get 50% Bonus Miles! SPG and Marriott not on the hotel list unfortunately.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by loun80
From now until December 31, 2017, convert your hotel points from 13 participating hotel groups to Asia Miles and you can get 50% Bonus Miles! SPG and Marriott not on the hotel list unfortunately.
Does that mean I can transfer points to Hilton then to Asia Miles from Amex?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat
Link: http://m.e.asiamiles.com/webApp/hote...ion-am21ae1711

Terms & Conditions

- The "Hotel Points Conversion Campaign from Participating Hotel Partners" ( "Promotion") is valid from 1 November 2017 (starting from 00:00 GMT+8) to 31 December 2017 (until 23:59 GMT+8), based on points conversion date, both dates inclusive ("Promotion Period").

- The Promotion is applicable to all Marco Polo and Asia Miles members who successfully convert their hotel points from the 13 participating hotel loyalty programmes into Asia Miles during the above mentioned Promotion Period. Members who convert points from other hotel partners' loyalty programmes into Asia Miles cannot join this Promotion but are still able to earn regular miles in accordance with the earning proposition listed on Asiamiles.com.

- Participating hotels and loyalty programes are listed below:

- Members will be entitled to 50% Bonus Miles when converting the points from the 13 participating hotel loyalty programmes. The Bonus Miles will be counted based on the regular miles converted from hotel points, and be rounded up to the nearest whole Asia Miles. It is only applied to the regular miles earned by points conversion while those earned from direct hotel stay is excluded.

- There is no limitation of how many loyalty programmes to be converted from and how many times of conversion. For example, a member who converted 5,000 Asia Miles from Golden Circle and converted 10,000 Asia Miles from Hilton Honors will get a bonus of 7,500 Asia Miles from this Promotion.

- The minimum conversion amount and conversion unit vary by the 13 participating hotel loyalty programmes. Terms & Conditions of the 13 participating hotel loyalty programmes apply. Please refer to individual hotel partner’s webpage or the hotel partners' page on Asiamiles.com for details.

- To enjoy the Promotion, members are required to convert their hotel points from the 13 participating hotel loyalty programme accounts into Asia Miles (including auto-conversion) during the Promotion Period (i.e. the activity date for the relevant conversion transactions shown on the member’s Asia Miles or Marco Polo Club monthly statement must be between 1 November and 31 December 2017, and the regular miles must be credited to the member's account on or before 28 February 2018).

- To enjoy the Promotion, the registered name of the member in Asia Miles must be the same as the name in the participating hotel loyalty programme. Asia Miles will not accept any liability in relation to any loss incurred due to incorrect information provided by the members.

- Once the hotel points conversion to Asia Miles is successful, the request to convert hotels points cannot be cancelled or reversed.

- The Bonus Asia Miles will be credited to member’s Asia Miles account in one go on or before 31 March 2018 with the description of "Hotel Points Conversion Campaign from Participating Hotel Partners", separate from the regular miles converted from the hotels.

- The Bonus Miles awarded by the Promotion are not transferable or exchangeable for cash or credit.

- The member's Marco Polo Club or Asia Miles account must remain valid when the Bonus Miles are to be credited.

- Asia Miles Limited reserves the right to alter or terminate the Promotion and amend the terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.

- All matters or disputes will be subject to the final decision of Asia Miles Limited.

- Other Asia Miles terms and conditions apply.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by cysyuen
Does that mean I can transfer points to Hilton then to Asia Miles from Amex?
Yes, you can, but AMEX MR to AM at is 1:1, and MR to Hilton is at 1:2.01 and then Hilton to AM at 1:0.15 (effectively 1:0.3) - why bother?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: CX JL QR LH BA
This is good for getting the points expiring soon with hotel programmes.

Other than that, with the horrible rates, I'd rather be spending my hotel points with hotels, as they depreciate too much with each transfer.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:14 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Originally Posted by loun80
I was just thinking. SPG already offers 25% more points on transfers. So my 20,000 SPG points = 25,000 AM = 37,500 AM, do it three times 60,000 SPG = 112,500 AM! Not bad at all.

Of course, then the bubble burst when they are not one of the hotels offered...
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:16 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
Yes, you can, but AMEX MR to AM at is 1:1, and MR to Hilton is at 1:2.01 and then Hilton to AM at 1:0.15 (effectively 1:0.3) - why bother?
Exactly. Another scam offer by Cathay. Like another poster said, if you have expiring points to dump that you can't use t redeem hotels, then it's fine (still not worth it but better than nothing). But at the rate AM is offering for say a chain like Hilton? Highway robbery.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:47 am

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
My 300k IHG miles will get me maybe 7 nights in Hong Kong... valued at maybe a little more than $2000 USD based on $250-$300 per night at IHG properties.

They will normally transfer to Asia Miles at a 5:1 ratio, or in this case 60,000 AM.

With the bonus, it's 90,000 miles.

That's more than a one - way ORD-HKG J seat, making it an equal or greater value to me than using the points for hotel rooms.

The downside to this is that it appears it will take 5 months to get the bonus points added to the AM account (bonus points added March 2018). How stupid is that?! And 4-6 weeks to transfer the points? Are they sending them in an envelope via sea cargo?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by Gongzuokuang
My 300k IHG miles will get me maybe 7 nights in Hong Kong... valued at maybe a little more than $2000 USD based on $250-$300 per night at IHG properties.

They will normally transfer to Asia Miles at a 5:1 ratio, or in this case 60,000 AM.

With the bonus, it's 90,000 miles.

That's more than a one - way ORD-HKG J seat, making it an equal or greater value to me than using the points for hotel rooms.

The downside to this is that it appears it will take 5 months to get the bonus points added to the AM account (bonus points added March 2018). How stupid is that?! And 4-6 weeks to transfer the points? Are they sending them in an envelope via sea cargo?
IHG is now offering a 100% bonus if you buy a certain number of points. If my calculation is right, bundled with the CX 50% extra offer, it might make some sense to buy IHG points and convert them to AM.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:11 am

Here is one data point for anyone considering this conversion. I converted 50K IHG miles on November 3. They hit my MP account on November 17.

So, consider this rather awkwardly worded bullet:

"- To enjoy the Promotion, members are required to convert their hotel points from the 13 participating hotel loyalty programme accounts into Asia Miles (including auto-conversion) during the Promotion Period (i.e. the activity date for the relevant conversion transactions shown on the member’s Asia Miles or Marco Polo Club monthly statement must be between 1 November and 31 December 2017, and the regular miles must be credited to the member's account on or before 28 February 2018)."

If you look at the first part of the statement, "the activity date for the relevant conversion transactions shown on the member’s Asia Miles or Marco Polo Club monthly statement must be between 1 November and 31 December 2017", then you really need to initiate the conversion sometime before the middle of December, thereby allowing 2 weeks.

The "and the regular miles must be credited to the member's account on or before 28 February 2018" seems to conflict with the "shown on the member’s Asia Miles or Marco Polo Club monthly statement must be between 1 November and 31 December 2017", so I suppose we must go with the earlier date?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 3:39 pm

Here is one data point for anyone considering this conversion. I converted 50K IHG miles on November 3. They hit my MP account on November 17.

So, consider this rather awkwardly worded bullet:

"- To enjoy the Promotion, members are required to convert their hotel points from the 13 participating hotel loyalty programme accounts into Asia Miles (including auto-conversion) during the Promotion Period (i.e. the activity date for the relevant conversion transactions shown on the member’s Asia Miles or Marco Polo Club monthly statement must be between 1 November and 31 December 2017, and the regular miles must be credited to the member's account on or before 28 February 2018)."

If you look at the first part of the statement, "the activity date for the relevant conversion transactions shown on the member’s Asia Miles or Marco Polo Club monthly statement must be between 1 November and 31 December 2017", then you really need to initiate the conversion sometime before the middle of December, thereby allowing 2 weeks.

The "and the regular miles must be credited to the member's account on or before 28 February 2018" seems to conflict with the "shown on the member’s Asia Miles or Marco Polo Club monthly statement must be between 1 November and 31 December 2017", so I suppose we must go with the earlier date?
On the statement, there are two dates, activity date and crediting date. This means that activity date (when you request the transfer) has to be Nov. or Dec. 2017, and crediting date (date miles posted) must be before 28FEB2018. For example, for CX and KA flights, if activity date is "T," crediting date is usually T+1 or T+2.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
On the statement, there are two dates, activity date and crediting date. This means that activity date (when you request the transfer) has to be Nov. or Dec. 2017, and crediting date (date miles posted) must be before 28FEB2018. For example, for CX and KA flights, if activity date is "T," crediting date is usually T+1 or T+2.
Understand. But of course, the activity date (when requested) could not show up on our Asia Miles or MPC statement. For transfers, the activity date and the credit date are one in the same. For example, the transfer I just did shows credit date of November 17. There is no "activity date" because the activity is an IHG activity, not a CX activity.

Of course, the INTENT is probably what you describe, and I suppose that if there was a timing issue, one might be able to argue that the IHG activity date is presumably what they MEANT in their rules. That's why I labeled it as awkwardly worded.

Oh, and your "buy and transfer" idea is a good one, by the way. :-)
Old Nov 19, 2017, 4:25 pm

Understand. But of course, the activity date (when requested) could not show up on our Asia Miles or MPC statement. For transfers, the activity date and the credit date are one in the same. For example, the transfer I just did shows credit date of November 17. There is no "activity date" because the activity is an IHG activity, not a CX activity.

Of course, the INTENT is probably what you describe, and I suppose that if there was a timing issue, one might be able to argue that the IHG activity date is presumably what they MEANT in their rules. That's why I labeled it as awkwardly worded.

Oh, and your "buy and transfer" idea is a good one, by the way. :-)
I think it depends on the hotel programme. I have both IHG and le Club Accorhotels. For IHG, indeed the activity date is not accurate at all. For le Club Accorhotels, however, it is much closer (just a couple of days apart).
Old Nov 22, 2017, 4:20 pm

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
May I ask how did you convert your IHG points into AsiaMiles?

I went onto IHG website and a simple transaction like converting points requires you to call in "Please contact your regional IHG® Rewards Club Customer Care to redeem this reward."

And then after spending 20 minutes on the phone with the agent, she told me their system does not have the option of converting into AsiaMiles and maybe AM is not partnered with IHG anymore.

The agent confirmed with the website that AsiaMiles is indeed an option, but told me that it wasn't an option in her system. She was apologetic about not being able to help, and advised me to try calling again later.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 5:25 pm

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by etkuo
May I ask how did you convert your IHG points into AsiaMiles?

I went onto IHG website and a simple transaction like converting points requires you to call in "Please contact your regional IHG® Rewards Club Customer Care to redeem this reward."

And then after spending 20 minutes on the phone with the agent, she told me their system does not have the option of converting into AsiaMiles and maybe AM is not partnered with IHG anymore.

The agent confirmed with the website that AsiaMiles is indeed an option, but told me that it wasn't an option in her system. She was apologetic about not being able to help, and advised me to try calling again later.
Update: Agent called back twice and eventually was able to process the transaction. Hopefully everything is done properly. I will keep you guys posted when the miles post to AM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.