Short of points to renew DM

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 8:23 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by kaka
i have no data but i can safely say for every person who couldnt made DM anymore, you'll get 1-2 new non-CX OWE (May or may not be ex-DM)
Yes I can say that I am no longer contributing to the crowding of the J lounges #cxowngoal
Old May 11, 2018, 3:52 am

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Originally Posted by sxc
Yes I can say that I am no longer contributing to the crowding of the J lounges #cxowngoal
Well I am guilty of occasionally contributing to the crowding of the F lounges as an uncouth AA EXP, though for a drink I tend now to visit the QF lounge (great staff). Must try the AMEX lounge.

The crazy thing is since going over to AA, I would have made DM each year, but I wish I had made the move a lot earlier!
Old May 11, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by sxc
I will no longer be too... very soon
Old May 12, 2018, 1:41 am

Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ TPPS, AS 75K
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
I will no longer be too... very soon
A bit OOT but I actually find the Pier J (not Pier F) to be my favorite. The furniture seems more modern and I really like the tea lounge.
Old May 31, 2018, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
Just got renewed DM with 40 point short, membership year ends in May. I have two TPAC J flights coming up in June anyway
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:32 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ Gold
By my calculations, I will be hitting 60 points shy of DM when I renew next month. While there are a lot of examples here of people getting renewed with more points shy of 1200, my recent J long haul flying were going to QR and JL. My regional (mostly Y) still goes to CX though with the almost weekly hops to SEA/China. So DM still has great value for me.

Should I be concerned that they might not consider when the time comes and just look at getting those points instead? Hoping someone was in a similar situation?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by fast03
By my calculations, I will be hitting 60 points shy of DM when I renew next month. While there are a lot of examples here of people getting renewed with more points shy of 1200, my recent J long haul flying were going to QR and JL. My regional (mostly Y) still goes to CX though with the almost weekly hops to SEA/China. So DM still has great value for me.

Should I be concerned that they might not consider when the time comes and just look at getting those points instead? Hoping someone was in a similar situation?
If you value DM then just ask them for an extension and be safe...that's would I would do.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
Originally Posted by gpia
If you value DM then just ask them for an extension and be safe...that's would I would do.
Agree, just ask for extension is safer.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: Marcopolo
Just got my DM renewed today with 65 CP short. I called MPC yesterday to extend requalification month to July as i will have 100 CP in july trip... The agent said it will be extended 1 month... but today i saw my DM renewed to June 2019 and i can keep 100CP for next year qualification
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:03 am
Original Member

Programs: CX DM, JGC Sapphire, FWC Gold
If I am just 50CP short for qualifying DM from GO, how likely would I make it?
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: CX MPC DM
I don't think any of us can predict the likelihood of getting bumped up to DM. Seems like the best move is to ask for an extension before your member year elapses and see if they either bump you up or at least give you the extension.

I'm predicting to be in a similar situation at the end of my year, likely 65CP short of DM.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ Gold
As a data point: They just renewed my DM even if I was just asking for an extension. I was about 30CP shy before the membership year elapsed.

As for getting bumped up, I tried doing this while getting back to DM from GO back in 2016 and they would not bend then so I had to earn it. Although I know people who are given extension but none where a bump up would occur just because you asked for it.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM
I accumulated 450pts this year and granted GO instead of Silver.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat, MPC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by amgsl55
I accumulated 450pts this year and granted GO instead of Silver.
Good to know! I will be in similar boat. Hope It happens to me as well!

Edit: were you GO last year? Or Silver?

Last edited by Nile_US; Oct 31, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
oh here we come.. double standards again like.before
Nicc HK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.