Wiki Posts
Search

OLCI - International Experience

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2017, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond, AA CK (quit 2018), Starwood Platinum, National EXC Elite
OLCI - International Experience

Never used this feature before, always get a paper BP. Interested to get feedback on peoples experience using OLCI for international flights, specifically ex US to HKG. I know that US outposts only open OLCI at 24 hours ahead, but want to hear more - eg. does it actually work? (seems too good to be true, as I know for example AA does not allow it on international itineraries)
Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by prw555
Never used this feature before, always get a paper BP. Interested to get feedback on peoples experience using OLCI for international flights, specifically ex US to HKG. I know that US outposts only open OLCI at 24 hours ahead, but want to hear more - eg. does it actually work? (seems too good to be true, as I know for example AA does not allow it on international itineraries)
@prw555

Your question is "OLCI - International Experience" and that you never used it before and you always get a paper BP.

Confused.

Do you mean Mobile BP because OLCI is the process and a BP is what you get after you've done OLCI.

Flying CX ex-YYZ and ex-SiN, I've had mobile BPs. The issue with ex-USA has nothing to do with CX but rather the U.S.

Airlines that can issue mobile BPs when flying out of Canada cannot do so flying out of the U.S. I can list a few that I've flown doing both and it is a major hassle, but those are the rules.

I am not sure what you mean by "AA does not allow it on international itineraries", I've had mobile BPs on AA LAX-LHR and return.

So, can you explain exactly what you are asking about, OLCI or Mobile BPs. Thanks
Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Works fine for me most of the times. Web version seems more reliable than app version. Actually OLCI opnes 48 hr prior to your flight but you can't get BP until 24h.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
I know that US outposts only open OLCI at 24 hours ahead, but want to hear more - eg. does it actually work? (seems too good to be true, as I know for example AA does not allow it on international itineraries)
Why not?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
OLCI may not always work, especially if there might be visa requirements. But usually it's ok, you'll soon find out at the 48 hour mark (if you can you can, if you can't you can't). Even if you OLCI you can still get a paper boarding pass at the check-in counter. OLCI has the benefit of confirming your current seat allocation, or snagging a better seat if one is available and you want it.

For economy pax, OLCI assists where there is fast bag drop.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond, AA CK (quit 2018), Starwood Platinum, National EXC Elite
Originally Posted by 24left
@prw555

Your question is "OLCI - International Experience" and that you never used it before and you always get a paper BP.

Confused.

Do you mean Mobile BP because OLCI is the process and a BP is what you get after you've done OLCI.

So, can you explain exactly what you are asking about, OLCI or Mobile BPs. Thanks
OLCI and generation of mobile boarding pass. Here’s context. Flying SJC-LAX on AA. Separated PNR ex LAX,k on CX to HKG. Don’t want to exit T4 and go over to TBIT for CX check in so thought about trying OLCI and Mobile BP so can use T4 to TBIT connector.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Yes, OLCI (and mobile check-in) works just fine. I did the same thing last month at LAX (AA to CX on separate PNRs). Checked in with the CX app and walked directly from T4 to TBIT without having to go landside.

Sometimes the CX app can't check you in for whatever reason. If that happens, just go to the CX website and check in there instead. You can then get the BP either from CX.com or through the CX app.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
OLCI and generation of mobile boarding pass. Here’s context. Flying SJC-LAX on AA. Separated PNR ex LAX,k on CX to HKG. Don’t want to exit T4 and go over to TBIT for CX check in so thought about trying OLCI and Mobile BP so can use T4 to TBIT connector.
You can get your boarding pass from the gate. I've done that before when connecting AA-CX at LAX.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by txflyer77
You can get your boarding pass from the gate. I've done that before when connecting AA-CX at LAX.
Good point. That's an alternate option since there's no security checkpoint between T4 and TBIT.

It may also be possible to get a BP at the OW lounge. No guarantees on that, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.