Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Mobile boarding pass not updating in Apple Wallet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH

Not sure if this is a CX issue or Apple Wallet. Running iOS 11.0.3 for that matter.

Both automatic and manual not working. Anyone has the same issue?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
Not sure if this is a CX issue or Apple Wallet. Running iOS 11.0.3 for that matter.

Both automatic and manual not working. Anyone has the same issue?
Yep, same issue I am having.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Not sure what the issue is, but when you say manual, do you mean removing the boarding pass and downloading it again from CX? I'd imagine that would work, but I don't have any mobile boarding passes from CX at the moment.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
Updating what, gate number? That has never worked and I’m told by someone in the know that is not supported by CX.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by jacobsleather
Updating what, gate number? That has never worked and I’m told by someone in the know that is not supported by CX.
Of course that has worked before. I have used CX’s mobile boarding pass on my iPhone for a long time and it worked perfectly: updating of seat number (should you wish to change your seat selection after check in); updating of class of service (op upgrades); updating gate number assignments and subsequent gate changes; updating of departure time (should flight be delayed): etc.

Now, nothing updates. Even if you pull down the screen to refresh, the screen just stays the same.

To update the pass, i now have to add it in Wallet again every time.

By the way, I just checked in for a flight this morning, and talked to the check in staff about the mobile boarding pass issues. They are aware of it. The lady even told me that some mobile boarding passes they have seen had the QR code missing.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:00 am

As a heavy user of Apple passbook/wallet boarding passes from CX since day one I have never experienced the dynamic updating you describe above (although it’s supposed to work according to Apple).

Last edited by jacobsleather; Oct 28, 2017 at 7:51 am
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: QF Platium(OWE)/CX Diamond(OWE)/SPG Platium/Marriott Titanium/Hyatt Globalist/Accor Platium/
Experience the same issue. You might refresh the mobile boarding pass in the CX app. That boarding pass seems able to provide updated info but the the one in the passbook.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by zzz997
Experience the same issue. You might refresh the mobile boarding pass in the CX app. That boarding pass seems able to provide updated info but the the one in the passbook.
Correct, according to my contact in CX. Web based boarding passes may also update with any flight changes. But not passbook boarding passes.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:14 am

As a heavy user of Apple passbook/wallet boarding passes from CX since day one I have never experienced the dynamic updating you describe above (although it’s supposed to work according to Apple).
Well, i’ve Flown 1,600 CP last year on CX and using the mobile boarding pass in Apple Wallet/Passbook for most of these flights, and the updating has definitely worked for me.

This year up to 1,300 CP, and had no issues with the mobile boarding pass updating up until about flights six weeks ago until now.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by zzz997
Never been a fan of the mobile boarding pass in the CX App and almost never used it. For some reason, when I look at the boarding pass via the CX App, my iPhone screen would go to full brightness (which I cannot stand), and then I would have to manually reset the brightness back to its original level in Settings.

Thus, always used the boarding pass in Apple Wallet/Passbook when it was available.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Well, i’ve Flown 1,600 CP last year on CX and using the mobile boarding pass in Apple Wallet/Passbook for most of these flights, and the updating has definitely worked for me.

This year up to 1,300 CP, and had no issues with the mobile boarding pass updating up until about flights six weeks ago until now.
Take this scenario: you arrive at HKG early and gate is not yet assigned. Your phone is showing the shortcut to the boarding pass in Apple Wallet - albiet with no gate. When the gate is assigned, the apple wallet boarding pass shows the gate? Without you doing anything? If so, please share! I have wished for this for years (and instead rely on the HKG app for this data as it also tells me when to make a move).
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:33 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Take this scenario: you arrive at HKG early and gate is not yet assigned. Your phone is showing the shortcut to the boarding pass in Apple Wallet - albiet with no gate. When the gate is assigned, the apple wallet boarding pass shows the gate? Without you doing anything? If so, please share! I have wished for this for years (and instead rely on the HKG app for this data as it also tells me when to make a move).
Yes it used to work if you opened the pass in wallet and pulled to refresh.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:34 am

Yes, as you described. I do not know what to share with you. It just works (worked) for me up until approx 6 weeks ago.

Another example which has happened at least twice for me in the past year: on premium econ for TPE-HKG flight, but my boarding pass gets update to the blue colour. Yeah! Business Class. I get assigned a seat which I do not like, so I go to the computers in the Lounge to select a new seat. The boarding pass on my phone gets updated to the new seat. At boarding, my mobile boarding pass is scanned and I still get a beep (apparently because they need to enter something into the computer). At the same time, they notice that I had been upgraded and give me a new boarding pass that had been preprinted. They then scan this boarding pass, get a red beep, and then further notice that the seat assignment on my mobile boarding pass is not the same as on the paper one. I then tell them that I had changed seats after they had upgraded me.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Yes, as you described. I do not know what to share with you. It just works (worked) for me up until approx 6 weeks ago.

Another example which has happened at least twice for me in the past year: on premium econ for TPE-HKG flight, but my boarding pass gets update to the blue colour. Yeah! Business Class. I get assigned a seat which I do not like, so I go to the computers in the Lounge to select a new seat. The boarding pass on my phone gets updated to the new seat. At boarding, my mobile boarding pass is scanned and I still get a beep (apparently because they need to enter something into the computer). At the same time, they notice that I had been upgraded and give me a new boarding pass that had been preprinted. They then scan this boarding pass, get a red beep, and then further notice that the seat assignment on my mobile boarding pass is not the same as on the paper one. I then tell them that I had changed seats after they had upgraded me.
Good to know. SXC shared what I was asking; I’ll try pull to refresh next time I fly after the gate is assigned. If I pull down on an old boarding pass now, it just goes back down into the pack with all the rest of them.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:40 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
You need to turn the pass around before you pull to refresh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.