Renew cut off early?

Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:50 pm

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
Some of DM benefits are more important than op-ups and lounge accesses, e.g., irrops..
Maybe irrops is, when flying J/F, the most beneficial perk.

Would it work out to present the DM status, only when irrops happen ?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Each member values the DM benefits differently.

Done this many times...the Lounge attendants enter the MPC number into their system to confirm access, but the number does not get input to the booking/boarding pass. Or, if you physically check in at the counters, the attendants will enter the MPC number to issue the Lounge pass, but not associate the number with the booking/boarding pass.
Just want to post back about my experience checking in over this past weekend, once again without my MPC Diamond number attached to my booking.

Checked in on 25.Aug at the First Check-In Desk for HKG-TPE. Booked in J. Showed my Diamond Card to get a First Lounge Pass printed, and requested the attendant not to enter my MPC number for anything else. She happily complied, and understood that I did not want to accumulate my Club Points until "next year". She said that she was going to enter a note "into the system" to let the crew on board know that I was a Diamond member. I told her that this was not really necessary (since I did not want my number entered by mistake), but she insisted. On board, I did indeed get a greeting from the ISM for being a loyal Diamond member. Now, I will need to wait and see for a few days if anything posts to my MPC account. Hope not.

If nothing does post, maybe this is a way to enter the membership credentials "into the system" without actually linking the booking/boarding pass, etc. Is this a way to be eligible for IRROPS which some members value as a Diamond member, without having the MPC number "stick" to the booking?
APeverell and Cambo like this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Just want to post back about my experience checking in over this past weekend, once again without my MPC Diamond number attached to my booking.

Checked in on 25.Aug at the First Check-In Desk for HKG-TPE. Booked in J. Showed my Diamond Card to get a First Lounge Pass printed, and requested the attendant not to enter my MPC number for anything else. She happily complied, and understood that I did not want to accumulate my Club Points until "next year". She said that she was going to enter a note "into the system" to let the crew on board know that I was a Diamond member. I told her that this was not really necessary (since I did not want my number entered by mistake), but she insisted. On board, I did indeed get a greeting from the ISM for being a loyal Diamond member. Now, I will need to wait and see for a few days if anything posts to my MPC account. Hope not.

If nothing does post, maybe this is a way to enter the membership credentials "into the system" without actually linking the booking/boarding pass, etc. Is this a way to be eligible for IRROPS which some members value as a Diamond member, without having the MPC number "stick" to the booking?
I did have a similar experience, though as a meagre Gold member. I presented my card on check-in for check-through on MH and lounge passes for BKK and KUL. The lounge passes did not get spit out, though they may have added a remark about the MPC status. I did not get the greeting, though that might be, because I was sleeping the first hour. The ISM insisted though to "reserve" my breakfast preference, despite repeatedly telling, I intended to skip the breakfast (With the first meal, I did enjoy about every item normally served only as one item, I got all).

My request to ask for a double desert got initially declined ("there are more people, I can come back after serving other people"), though got my request immediately granted, after I raised my "no problem, that's OK" reaction.
Definitely above normal J service (I don't expect that many Gold(+) status travelers from the outport where I start my CX travels, anyway).

Looks to me, CX realizes the cut-off of the superficial MPC points at renewal moment is not really appreciated by their travelers and CX found out too about the large scale retro-active miles/points claims, making their customers effectively the "winners" of the rules
The retro-active claims, especially from other airlines, might be pretty labor intensive for CX, it's all repeated manual work.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.