Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific now participates in US TSA Pre✓ 1 Nov

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Pacific now participates in US TSA Pre✓ 1 Nov

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I put my number in during online check in last night.
Didn't let me complete as I needed passport checks etc. but the "TSA Pre" bit did appear on my boarding pass.
First agent at the line wasn't sure, but the other one waved me through.

Not quite as clear to them as on AA boarding passes I'm guessing.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:46 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JohnGreat
Is there a difference in passing through time-wise when comparing with TSA Pre✓ Vs Priority line?
Depends on what time you are at airport.

Originally Posted by LKSC
Entered the Known Traveller Number when checking in online 4 November under the passport expiry field, as pointed out by sfosu. Mobile and paper boarding pass had the TSA PRECHECK wording but not the logo.

However, an airport staffer at Terminal 8 pointed me to the wrong line (because she didn't see any logo). She was polite and directed me to the right place when I asked if it was the PreCheck line.
They just need to be familiar with CX now part of Pre✓ and where it is printed on BP. Even AA BP printed on airline stock does not have Pre✓ logo and just the words TSA PRECHECK but much more predominantly displayed.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by JohnGreat
Is there a difference in passing through time-wise when comparing with TSA Pre✓ Vs Priority line?
TSA Pre line at Terminal 8 JFK seemed shorter and moved faster when I was there.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 8:40 am

Yes! This worked for my next flight. Now just wish I could enter it into my profile and not just when checking in. Mobile chcekin doesn't seem to have the KTN entry or maybe I missed something.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
AA website use to list policy allowing Flagship checkin if flying AA and connecting with a OW F flight (eg JFK-BOS and BOS-HKG in CX F gets you JFK Flagship Checkin).

That has been removed. You now need to take qualifying AA flight for this benefit.
For my upcoming 845 I plan to arrive while Pre is still open, hopefully get Pre on my CX BP, then flash my CK card at Flagship checkin to see if they let me through. Simply as an experiment.

FWIW, last order is 2230 at Flagship Dining, and they close Dining at 2330. Flagship Lounge stays open until CX departs. Or so it was explained to me last week as I was chatting with the Dining staff.

Jamie
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:16 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
For my upcoming 845 I plan to arrive while Pre is still open, hopefully get Pre on my CX BP, then flash my CK card at Flagship checkin to see if they let me through. Simply as an experiment.

FWIW, last order is 2230 at Flagship Dining, and they close Dining at 2330. Flagship Lounge stays open until CX departs. Or so it was explained to me last week as I was chatting with the Dining staff.

Jamie
My apologies but I'm not following the purpose of this exercise of going thru the Flagship Check-In area or the regular area to get to the Pre lane.

The times given for Flagship Dining is my understanding as well.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:10 pm

My apologies but I'm not following the purpose of this exercise of going thru the Flagship Check-In area or the regular area to get to the Pre lane.

The times given for Flagship Dining is my understanding as well.
Flagship Check-in: aesthetically pleasing, novel to have the velvet rope pulled back, plus it dumps you ahead of other Pre's. Plus, it technically isn't allowed for CX F unless you are flying an AA segment first...so if you get to use it as a JFK local passenger you are essentially getting something you aren't ordinarily entitled to. It is also beneficial upon arrival in a car service, as you can be dropped off first without having to weave your way through traffic...but that's more relevant when flying AA.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:32 pm

11/17/17 LAX-HKG on CX883. I added my KTN at online check-in at T-48 hrs. Couldn’t get boarding pass until T-24 hrs (normal due to US Gov’t Regs). At T-24hrs, mobile boarding pass said TSA Pre-Check. Dropped off a bag at the TBIT check-in counter at T-3 hrs and agent printed new boarding passes that said TSA Pre-Check. I walked to the Terminal 4 Pre-Check line and both my printed boarding pass and my mobile boarding pass screenshot were rejected as “PRECHECK INVALID”. I was directed to the normal line at T4, and went through with no problem. They even they let me keep my shoes on due to the TSA Pre-Check on my boarding pass. ^
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA, BA Avios, AMEX Plat
Had to check-in on mobile and couldn't add KTN. I'm home now.. so do I cancel and re-do check-in? Or just have them add the KTN at the airport (JFK) when I drop bags? Has anyone had check-in agents add their KTN?

Last edited by eyeballer; Nov 20, 2017 at 8:00 pm
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:31 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eyeballer
Had to check-in on mobile and couldn't add KTN. I'm home now.. so do I cancel and re-do check-in? Or just have them add the KTN at the airport (JFK) when I drop bags? Has anyone had check-in agents add their KTN?
Check-in agent at JFK was proactively asking if I had GE.
eyeballer likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA, BA Avios, AMEX Plat
Check-in agent at JFK was proactively asking if I had GE.
Great will just do it at the airport then. Thanks for confirming
Old Jan 6, 2018, 5:16 pm

Programs: FB Gold
My data point for CX899 departing from EWR:

I entered my Nexus/Global Entry Nr into the known traveller nr when checking-in online. The boarding pass has TSA PreCheck printed on it. At the gates 50-57 block @EWR there is no separate, faster Pre-Check line (so arrive early). However if you let the TSA agent scanning your boarding card, they will hand you a slip that means you don't need to remove your shoes or liquids and can go thru the standard metal detector.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:49 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

It’s PreCheck Lite which is standard policy when PreCheck lanes are closed.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by uclachef
11/17/17 LAX-HKG on CX883. I added my KTN at online check-in at T-48 hrs. Couldn’t get boarding pass until T-24 hrs (normal due to US Gov’t Regs). At T-24hrs, mobile boarding pass said TSA Pre-Check. Dropped off a bag at the TBIT check-in counter at T-3 hrs and agent printed new boarding passes that said TSA Pre-Check. I walked to the Terminal 4 Pre-Check line and both my printed boarding pass and my mobile boarding pass screenshot were rejected as “PRECHECK INVALID”. I was directed to the normal line at T4, and went through with no problem. They even they let me keep my shoes on due to the TSA Pre-Check on my boarding pass. ^
Yikes. Was planning on trying this strategy in a few weeks, but won’t bother if it doesn’t work. Has anyone successfully gone through the precheck line in terminal 4 when flying cx?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: free agent
Tried to call CX but put on hold forever, so I gave up. No issue with adding KTN # while doing mobile check-in T-48 before departure, even it's an Alaska-ticketed award trip?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.