Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific now participates in US TSA Pre✓ 1 Nov

Cathay Pacific now participates in US TSA Pre✓ 1 Nov

Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I spoke with an AA agent yesterday re an award ticket. I asked if flying F on a OW partner ex-LAX for e.g., allows for Flagship Check-in.

Her answer was no. You have to check in with the operating carrier.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 6:01 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
ORD doesn't have it too. But maybe we can get Pre Check lite?

I'm tempted to fly from JFK just for this, especially when I am more flexible. It may also suggest room for further cooperation for ex-JFK pax to use AA F check in?
Why would you spend 6+ hours positioning to JFK to save maybe at most half an hour in a security queue?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:00 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 24left
I spoke with an AA agent yesterday re an award ticket. I asked if flying F on a OW partner ex-LAX for e.g., allows for Flagship Check-in.

Her answer was no. You have to check in with the operating carrier.
AA website use to list policy allowing Flagship checkin if flying AA and connecting with a OW F flight (eg JFK-BOS and BOS-HKG in CX F gets you JFK Flagship Checkin).

That has been removed. You now need to take qualifying AA flight for this benefit.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by seawolf
AA website use to list policy allowing Flagship checkin if flying AA and connecting with a OW F flight (eg JFK-BOS and BOS-HKG in CX F gets you JFK Flagship Checkin).

That has been removed. You now need to take qualifying AA flight for this benefit.
I know.
I was responding to comments made by other posters about Flagship check-in.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:18 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by sxc
Why would you spend 6+ hours positioning to JFK to save maybe at most half an hour in a security queue?
Well, when ORD gets downgraded to A350

Not to get OT here, but it looks like this can only help 2.5 out of 6 US outports? (no PRE for BOS, ORD, and LAX would need a detour too? Does EWR have it?) Wonder if CX could fight for PRE to open up at the outports without PRE now?

Last edited by G-CIVC; Oct 25, 2017 at 7:24 pm Reason: left out EWR. LOL
Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:23 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Difficult to justify staffing for Pre with low Pre-eligible passengers.

Even Delta JFK hub with various evening European departures as well as SQ and VS flghts have Pre ending by 9PM. Same for AA at JFK with their European and South American evening flights.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
We have LAX-SIN in a few months on CX in J. The downside is we live in BNA so we start off with BNA-LAX on AA (F), and I from what I can gather we will have to go to baggage claim in LAX to get our luggage and then go back thru screening again
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:31 am

Now just need a place to put in the KTN on the CX site / app.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 7:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by olouie
Now just need a place to put in the KTN on the CX site / app.
@olouie
Go to Manage Bookings.

On the website version, once you open your trip, the top of the page has all your flights and then below, you can select among the topics to edit or add info e.g.. special meals, personal info such as passports etc.

About halfway down the page, below Primary and Secondary Travel Documents is a field called Secure Flight Program and then Redress #.

I have not tested it as I was not flying CX into the U.S. at the time, but you'd have to click the info button to see what it says.

I am not sure if it will accept the KTN if it's looking for the Redress #.

Still this is the page where you enter the info.

Attached Images  
Old Oct 26, 2017, 7:13 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 24left
@olouie
Go to Manage Bookings.

On the website version, once you open your trip, the top of the page has all your flights and then below, you can select among the topics to edit or add info e.g.. special meals, personal info such as passports etc.

About halfway down the page, below Primary and Secondary Travel Documents is a field called Secure Flight Program and then Redress #.

I have not tested it as I was not flying CX into the U.S. at the time, but you'd have to click the info button to see what it says.

I am not sure if it will accept the KTN if it's looking for the Redress #.

Still this is the page where you enter the info.

Redress is not KTN. CX website is not taking KTN during booking process or on existing reservations when I last checked on 25 OCT. I'm hoping this is something they take during online check-in or airport check-in. Will report back in two weeks assuming no one beats me to it first.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by 1readyset2go
We have LAX-SIN in a few months on CX in J. The downside is we live in BNA so we start off with BNA-LAX on AA (F), and I from what I can gather we will have to go to baggage claim in LAX to get our luggage and then go back thru screening again
Is it all on one ticket or separate tickets? If it's on one ticket, AA will check your baggage through and then you can just take the T4-TBIT connector.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by wrp96
Is it all on one ticket or separate tickets? If it's on one ticket, AA will check your baggage through and then you can just take the T4-TBIT connector.
^ LAX is actually quite nice for AA->Int'l OW connections. No need to reclear security anymore and T4 is immediately adjacent to TBIT, plus TBIT is no longer a dump post-renovation.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EX PLAT AC Alititude 50K Alaska MVP 75K Hilton Diamond
This is a great news! For my coming CX841 F JFK-HKG in the morning at 9am in November, I wonder should I use AA Flagship check in or go straight to CX check in counter and then Pre-Check? Which way would be faster? The last time I took the same flight was early this year while CX just moved from T7 to T8..there was no priority line for the premium flight and CX was not part of Pre-check, it took almost one hour on the security checking that I almost missed my flight. But I remember the Pre check on the right was also pretty long as well. I just wonder which way would be saving more time?
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:16 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TransAsia
This is a great news! For my coming CX841 F JFK-HKG in the morning at 9am in November, I wonder should I use AA Flagship check in or go straight to CX check in counter and then Pre-Check? Which way would be faster? The last time I took the same flight was early this year while CX just moved from T7 to T8..there was no priority line for the premium flight and CX was not part of Pre-check, it took almost one hour on the security checking that I almost missed my flight. But I remember the Pre check on the right was also pretty long as well. I just wonder which way would be saving more time?
You can not use Flagship First Check-in as it is technically not possible and AA no longer allows it even in the particular scenarios where it was technically possible (connecting from AA to CX on same ticket)

There is F/J security lane in T8 in addition to PreCheck and general security screening.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by TransAsia
Go straight to CX counter in T8. Flights operated by AA qualify for AA Flagship check-in now, so CX-operated flights do not qualify regardless of cabin or status. The CX area is small so the line is short anyway.

You could visit the FL Dinning after security.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.