Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

72 Hours Booking Hold - Exclusive new benefit for Marco Polo Club members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

72 Hours Booking Hold - Exclusive new benefit for Marco Polo Club members

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by christep
So what does "in the United States" mean? IP address?
This is a good question. I think it is for US POS. However, I bought my TNA to SZX ticket on airchina.us (I was in China but ticket was cheaper on the USA site) and IIRC, it also honored the 24-hour refund policy.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: oneworld *A,Nexus/GE
I Guess MPC member can hold someone ticket to stay away the fee ?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 6:55 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ncncyoo
The MPC member has to be on the booking. I have tried remove my name and replace with someone else after login and it asked for HKD 100 to hold 3 tickets.

But sure, you can let a MPC member to hold the ticket for you with him/her also on the booking, and later call CX to only ticket for yourself.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:30 pm

Programs: oneworld *A,Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Ausriver
The MPC member has to be on the booking. I have tried remove my name and replace with someone else after login and it asked for HKD 100 to hold 3 tickets.

But sure, you can let a MPC member to hold the ticket for you with him/her also on the booking, and later call CX to only ticket for yourself.
Thanks , I thought the hold fee is per booking, but HKD 100 for 3 seems ok.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Travel agents can and have always been able to hold reservations right up to ticketing date.

DM members can hold on 'forever' as they have no ticketing deadline.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Travel agents can and have always been able to hold reservations right up to ticketing date.

DM members can hold on 'forever' as they have no ticketing deadline.
Yes, that was at least in the past, and is probably still the case. However, I don't think DM can hold an online booking forever (probably only for agency or sales booking). When I was still DM, I lost an online booking after 24 hours before. When I called MPC, they couldn't help...
Old Oct 26, 2017, 8:08 am

A fee of hold for non-members? I don't really care about 72hrs hold as I can always wait after 24 hrs and then make a new hold and 24hrs again... forever

Last time when I was waiting for my visa approval and the availability in I fare was only 1 left, I repeated this for one week..

Anyways, a cheap and achievable OWS/OWE is much important than '72 hrs hold'
Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by ncncyoo
Originally Posted by Ausriver
The T&C (https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...onditions.html) specifically outlaws this:
14. Once "Hold Your Fare" is selected, the relevant flight ticket(s) under it(including all details recorded in respect of each ticket) cannot be changed in any way. For example, if "Hold Your Fare" is for two passengers of the same flight, completing payment (nor any change of name or travel dates) for just one out of the two flight tickets will not be permitted, and will be deemed to be a cancellation of the booking with "Hold Your Fare" option, in which case the fee will be payable in full.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by CX30616
A fee of hold for non-members? I don't really care about 72hrs hold as I can always wait after 24 hrs and then make a new hold and 24hrs again... forever

Last time when I was waiting for my visa approval and the availability in I fare was only 1 left, I repeated this for one week..

Anyways, a cheap and achievable OWS/OWE is much important than '72 hrs hold'
I think this will only work for US customers in the future and you would have to actively cancel it within 24 hours?
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
Yes, that was at least in the past, and is probably still the case. However, I don't think DM can hold an online booking forever (probably only for agency or sales booking). When I was still DM, I lost an online booking after 24 hours before. When I called MPC, they couldn't help...
Online booking always had a 24 hours hold period before... Mind you DM or even DMP.... Even you call 3333 after making a booking online they can't extend that 24 hours deadline....

Online system also won't process the guaranteed Y / W / J / F... Everything needs to be handled by 3333 or TA.....
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Great "enhancement", pretty much valueless. Please don't insult us with garbage like this while you take away meaningful benefits. Come back to us when you have meaningful benefits to "enhance" us with.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club, KF
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
Great "enhancement", pretty much valueless. Please don't insult us with garbage like this while you take away meaningful benefits. Come back to us when you have meaningful benefits to "enhance" us with.
Yes. Unfortunately my overall impression is that MPC/AM does not benefit its own members nearly enough. Award inventory is also terrible as is the clearance process IMO (compared eg. to SQ).

Interesting that QF has announced higher accrual rates on international flights for its QFF members today.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Trying to buy this from a Chinese point of sale and it doesn't offer this option (or any hold option at all). Would it change if I join the loyalty program as a base member or enter my American Exec Plat emerald number online?
Old Feb 13, 2018, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Trying to buy this from a Chinese point of sale and it doesn't offer this option (or any hold option at all). Would it change if I join the loyalty program as a base member or enter my American Exec Plat emerald number online?
Only for MPC members, but I haven't bought a ticket POS CHN since this started.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.