Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Ausbt review of Singapore T4 lounge:

https://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacific-singapore-changi-terminal-4-business-class-lounge
Print Wikipost

Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT
Sharing my experience yesterday.

I printed my CX T4 BP at home and tried passing T1 and T2 immigration - no luck. The machine won't be able to recognize this boarding pass.

The only way to access to T1-3 is to go through immigration at T4 and take the shuttle bus to T2.

The T2 -> T4 shuttle bus frequency is ~10min during day time and ~24min at night (after 1am)
Old Sep 14, 2018, 3:27 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Audio
Please don't fool around with the transit areas in Changi Airport. There had been court cases when aircrew was fined for seeing his girlfriend off at departure gate during their off-duty hours.....or fans accessing transit areas with valid boarding passes, just to catch a glimpse of their favorite movie star or singers...they were caught and fined.
Bit of a side track - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Rich_Asians_(film)) when Nick Young and Rachel Chu (deviation from book) got engaged on the back of the plane (presumably on the ground in SIN) and then decide to stay one more night for engagement party, could they be caught and fined?
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by percysmith
Bit of a side track - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Rich_Asians_(film)) when Nick Young and Rachel Chu (deviation from book) got engaged on the back of the plane (presumably on the ground in SIN) and then decide to stay one more night for engagement party, could they be caught and fined?
rachel chu no. nick young possibly.

its all about bona fide intent here.

rachel chu was intent on flying back (ie no misuse of BP).

nick young could get fined because

1/ was he intending to fly back to NYC in Y with Rachel Chu?
if Rachel said no. would he still want to be on that plane with her (awkward)

2/ if she said yes, was he also intending to go back to NYC or already had decided they were to stay in Singapore (eg had he pre-planned some surprise romantic dinner etc that night etc)

so the prosecution would have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he intended to go into the restricted area without flying

of course being the son of the scions of Singapore society, Nick Young would hire the best SC available to defend the case (and I think defence should win as they can probably throw enough doubt onto this case).

someone should troll the singapore airport / or airport police website with this question
jagmeets likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
If Nick was a HKer and this happened in HK he would never be charged.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Can I please check if you arrive in T2 and fly out of T2 on Malaysia airlines you will not be allowed to use T4 Cathay lounge via bus. Midday flight so QF lounge not an option.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by wtcmor
Can I please check if you arrive in T2 and fly out of T2 on Malaysia airlines you will not be allowed to use T4 Cathay lounge via bus. Midday flight so QF lounge not an option.
Per Oneworld rules you should be allowed. In theory. But in practice it’s a whole lotta hassle!
Old Sep 15, 2018, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by ermen
rachel chu no. nick young possibly.

its all about bona fide intent here.

rachel chu was intent on flying back (ie no misuse of BP).

nick young could get fined because

1/ was he intending to fly back to NYC in Y with Rachel Chu?
if Rachel said no. would he still want to be on that plane with her (awkward)

2/ if she said yes, was he also intending to go back to NYC or already had decided they were to stay in Singapore (eg had he pre-planned some surprise romantic dinner etc that night etc)

so the prosecution would have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he intended to go into the restricted area without flying

of course being the son of the scions of Singapore society, Nick Young would hire the best SC available to defend the case (and I think defence should win as they can probably throw enough doubt onto this case).

someone should troll the singapore airport / or airport police website with this question
This raises an interesting point. Is it all down to “intent”?

Say I have every intention to fly, got BP and stepped on the plane, but last minute changed my mind for whatever reason (eg. home emergency, sitting next to an unpleasant seatmate, etc.) - can I hypothetically be allowed to disembark without the Airport authorities think that I never had intention to fly in the first place?
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice

Per Oneworld rules you should be allowed. In theory. But in practice it’s a whole lotta hassle!
impossible.
​​​​​no hassles to even consider. its impossible.
cant get into T4.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice

This raises an interesting point. Is it all down to “intent”?

Say I have every intention to fly, got BP and stepped on the plane, but last minute changed my mind for whatever reason (eg. home emergency, sitting next to an unpleasant seatmate, etc.) - can I hypothetically be allowed to disembark without the Airport authorities think that I never had intention to fly in the first place?
yeah its all about intent

​​​if you "change your mind" it still comes down to whether there was genuine intent to fly (ie no misuse). if there was a family emergency, prosecution probably cant prove you intended to misuse your BP!

there are big signs a SIN these days (see article below).

its interesting though that there people have been *arrested* but I havent heard of any cases where people have been *charged and convicted*

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/3-people-arrested-for-misuse-of-boarding-passes-at-changi-airport-19-nabbed
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: MPCGO
Originally Posted by ermen
impossible.
​​​​​no hassles to even consider. its impossible.
cant get into T4.
So it seems like:
CX passengers can get to T1-3 to use OW lounges (but would require to allot 1.5-2 hours for inter terminal transfer) but OW elites cannot use the CX lounge at T4?

Haven't been to SIN in a year and will be back in December via CX. I wonder if heading to T1 to use the BA, QF or dnata lounges is worth the effort? Any insights from FTers who did this?
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:19 pm

What does this have to do with the lounge experience?
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: MPCGO
Originally Posted by jmj9905
What does this have to do with the lounge experience?
I am assuming you are referring to the Crazy Rich Asians aside? Absolutely none
Old Sep 15, 2018, 9:22 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by mbamejia
Haven't been to SIN in a year and will be back in December via CX. I wonder if heading to T1 to use the BA, QF or dnata lounges is worth the effort? Any insights from FTers who did this?
scroll above i did it and wont do again. too much hassel

also QF lounge is now a zoo due to routing via SIN. you probably get turned away at door. heard rumor F lounge combined QF/BA may be on the cards if so this could be worthwhile.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / OWE
Originally Posted by percysmith
Thanks for the spoiler, @percysmith -_-
Old Sep 16, 2018, 9:28 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by flubber
Thanks for the spoiler, @percysmith -_-
Sorry

Read the book then. It's not the same ending.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.