Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Ausbt review of Singapore T4 lounge:

https://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacific-singapore-changi-terminal-4-business-class-lounge
Print Wikipost

Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2018, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Nicc HK
Just something missing from the staff, might be personalities.
How true. Perceptible comparison with Qantas T1 Lounge - whose staff are friendly and brimming with personality!

Another noticeable difference about T4 - there’s no postbox. So if you need to post something at the last minute, you’d have to go to the information counter, hand over your mail and sign an acknowledgment. The staff will then pass to someone who happens to go to T1, T2 or T3 later that day and drop your mail for you - on reasonable efforts basis.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 11:53 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by grinna
To summarise my experience last weekend:

To summarise:

- Had Electronic BP for CX flight (T4)
- tried to enter through immigration at T2
- Was told they couldn't scan electronic BP so go to T1
- Was told at T1 that I couldn't access because terminals were not connected (though they essentially are by airside bus between T2 and T4)
- Went back to T4 and went through immigration
- Got bus back to T2, no issues, just had to explain what I was doing and got a sticker (and had plenty of time so they weren't worried I'd miss flight)
- later got bus back to T4

Kind of ridiculous to be told you can't possible go into this area (T1/2/3), and then later to be walking through that very same area!
I'm guessing there's a restriction between T4 and the main terminals when entering the transit area. I suppose linking the Skytrain to T4 would take a while.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 12:06 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
I don’t think that there are any plans to extend the Skytrain to T4!
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: Marco Polo Club; Asia Miles
Hi Folks, I'll be taking the morning fight out of SIN, like 7am. Can I expect any hot breakfast in the lounge? I will prefer Laksa Or should I go get something from the 24 Hrs food court next to the lounge before entering? Thanks........
Old Jun 25, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by JohnGreat
Hi Folks, I'll be taking the morning fight out of SIN, like 7am. Can I expect any hot breakfast in the lounge? I will prefer Laksa Or should I go get something from the 24 Hrs food court next to the lounge before entering? Thanks........
There will be hot food in the lounge for your dining pleasure.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Nicc HK
  1. Just something missing from the staff, might be personalities.
I've had the pleasure of being a regular lounge guest every monday morning for almost half a year now. Until today, none of the staff seem to remember me at all lol.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:23 am

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by ckx2
I've had the pleasure of being a regular lounge guest every monday morning for almost half a year now. Until today, none of the staff seem to remember me at all lol.
Being an infrequent guest, the staff seems to remember me very well. Enough to ask me if I wanted a glass of champagne with my 7am laksa.

Maybe this has something to do with our well-honed Singapore courtesy. Or the glowing feedback form I submitted after one of the staff helped me with an personal dietary request.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:56 pm

The laksa was so-so.

What impressed me was the "Chee Cheong Fun" they served for breakfast. Soft and hot....with the proper red sweet sauce and punchy chilli sauce. I had 3 helpings. It wasn't available for the last 2 morning flights I took out of Singapore T4.

(Audio)
Old Jul 2, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
updated data point.

i was able to go through immigatiom at T2 with cx T4 boarding pass in July. basically after checkin i took landside T2 transfer bus. at T2 when going to immigration, the guy warned me its different terminal i said no problem. at this ppint was 6pm for a delayed cx 636 (915pm) departure

went to T1 and ate and showered at qantas lounge. then a long stroll back to T4....good 15min from qantas lounge to T2 gate F51 taking skytrain... then just ahead of security at F51 the guy asked where i came from requiring me to go to T4 with CX boarding pass... i was transiting and he gave me sticker.

here is main problem. it said up to 30minite wait for airside T2 to T4 bus fortunately my bus came right away but thats pretty dire... it is almost probably faster to enter sing and take landside bus and exit again if going from say T1 or T3 (as the landside bus is at T1 end where MRT bridge is located walking from T3)

so off the bus goes.. a 10min ride thru apron... once u get to T4 then there is yet another dude checking boarding pass and passport... and i get a stamp saying i am not eligible for automated boarding gates... from there finally enter T4 complex... from T2 F51 arrival to T4 lounge was about 15min (as bus came immediately)

its almost as if Chiangi authority is heavily discouraging use of T4 it feels like just a glorified LCC terminal with no thoughts for connecting pax... also with recent oneworld rule where interline baggage is getting harder it takes creative seperate ticketing to make things work.

next time i fly out od T4 i stick to T4. hassel was not worth it at all
QRC3288 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:39 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
@fakecd what you did was identical to what I did last December.

I think in some days grinna's case will apply, but this really is up to the T2 officer of the day.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 9:37 pm

I told you guys before. You are not expected to go roam the entire Changi Airport when you are departing through Terminal 4.

No Irvins Salted Egg Chips for you.....you can get them at IFC, HK.

(Audio)
Old Jul 5, 2018, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by Audio
you can get them at IFC, HK.
That's a taking the piss comment - restricted availability in HK pop-up stores. In the same article the Changi T4 store is stated to be the most abundantly stocked outlet:

https://www.weekendhk.com/dining/irv...0%E5%9D%A1/17/

P.S. Speaking of the devil, CX just asked for it...

Last edited by percysmith; Jul 5, 2018 at 12:47 am
Old Jul 5, 2018, 12:50 am

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Irvin's? Oh please you guys are so out of touch. The next thing that we are all talking about now is Salted Egg KFC

The nearest branch is in Terminal 1. And then you can take the bus from T2 to T4 to wash down the curry spice with Moet at the lounge. You guys are welcome.
percysmith, HaikalS and somemale like this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by Alawyer
Irvin's? Oh please you guys are so out of touch. The next thing that we are all talking about now is Salted Egg KFC

The nearest branch is in Terminal 1. And then you can take the bus from T2 to T4 to wash down the curry spice with Moet at the lounge. You guys are welcome.
Alright, thanks. Any DP with T4 CX BP holder being permitted to do a KFC run?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:49 pm

Don't get me wrong. I am bitterly disappointed with the T4 connectivity with T1, T2 and T3 as I am greatly impacted on a weekly / biweekly basis.

As a result, I am flying on SQ this weekend, arriving at T3 this evening for a change.

I will try salted egg KFC this Sunday.

(Audio)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.