Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Ausbt review of Singapore T4 lounge:

https://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacific-singapore-changi-terminal-4-business-class-lounge
Print Wikipost

Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:10 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by MKE-MR
T4 has made me book away from CX already and will continue to do so. I feel sorry for the station manager who got saddled with this pig.
Well frankly Changi Airports shafted CX/KE/VN. And the conspiracy side of me will think that is for SQ's benefit.

Wonder what can AAHK do to SQ/TR here? Move them to T2? Then bus gate the A380?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by fakecd
I still believe move ot T4 is conspiracy by CX to avoid paying for parter lounges, so bring it on i will fight them hard. Have four hours to kill and could use a bit of walking after such long journey.
Originally Posted by percysmith
And the conspiracy side of me will think that is for SQ's benefit.

Wonder what can AAHK do to SQ/TR here? Move them to T2? Then bus gate the A380?
Well, sometimes opposing sides may have aligned goals!

percysmith likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
The question is whether CX is forced to move to T4, or they received a huge incentive.....

Solution is to fly SQ instead 😅
kaka and KACommuter like this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Flying up to hkg on feb 10. Have a choice to take 714 or 650. Which flight is better in terms of enjoying the lounge?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
Flying up to hkg on feb 10. Have a choice to take 714 or 650. Which flight is better in terms of enjoying the lounge?
Not sure how you would enjoy the lounge at those ungodly hours! My pick would be the redeye CX714 since you could help yourself to the Moet before falling drunk asleep on the short flight up. But I would switch to a daytime flight even if the lounge would be more crowded
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CX MPO DM
Originally Posted by mcdullhk88
Checking in night before, flying CX from T4, paid transit hotel already.
According to Changi Airport Feedback:
For passengers departing on Cathay Pacific (CX) at T4, passengers would need to check-in at T4, and enter immigration at T4.
You may then approach the Information Counter within the T4 transit area (right after the duty free zone), and inform the customer service agents there that you have a transit hotel booking in T2.
The customer service agent will then arrange for you to take the airside bus to T2 for your transit hotel stay. When you are ready to return to T4 for departure, please proceed to T2 Gate F51 for the airside bus back to T4.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by landingpoint
According to Changi Airport Feedback:
For passengers departing on Cathay Pacific (CX) at T4, passengers would need to check-in at T4, and enter immigration at T4.
You may then approach the Information Counter within the T4 transit area (right after the duty free zone), and inform the customer service agents there that you have a transit hotel booking in T2.
The customer service agent will then arrange for you to take the airside bus to T2 for your transit hotel stay. When you are ready to return to T4 for departure, please proceed to T2 Gate F51 for the airside bus back to T4.
I can now confirm this works exactly as outlined here. Tried it a few weeks ago.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CX MPO DM
Anyone tried to enter BA/QF lounge with CX boarding pass? (i.e. take the airside bus from T4 to T2, enter lounge, and then take the airside bus back to T4)
Care to share your experience? Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:08 pm

this is hilarious
I got ridiculed here for saying CX got shafted by SQ /failed to negotiate with Changi and HKG should respond by forcing SQ to the midfield concourse
now the same posters are whining about T4
Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by Kachjc
this is hilarious
I got ridiculed here for saying CX got shafted by SQ /failed to negotiate with Changi and HKG should respond by forcing SQ to the midfield concourse
now the same posters are whining about T4
I don't see your point. You and the other posters are in agreement.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Audio
That Irvin's bag of salted egg potato chip isn't worth it....
I've just learnt of a guy who was "assigned" to fly SQ so he can buy Irvins (fish skin) for "the boss" on the way back...CX is losing actual business for flying into T4...
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:55 am

Programs: MPCGO
Had a meeting in SIN and decided to book CX for a mileage run for the wife's SL status (which is a pain coming from MNL knowing how many direct flights to SIN there are - PR and SQ for instance). I must say that T4 isn't that bad despite lacking connection to T1-3. I think that the connection is in the works, so at least until that is up, CX passengers have to contend with the hermit status of T4.

That being said, I like the dedicated CX lounge - especially the laksa. The small terminal is not crowded, which is a plus, but CX seems to depart from the gate farthest from the lounge, which I find strange. The walk is longer than the walk to gate 110 out of MNL from the lounge.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 3:07 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by mbamejia

That being said, I like the dedicated CX lounge - especially the laksa. The small terminal is not crowded, which is a plus, but CX seems to depart from the gate farthest from the lounge, which I find strange. The walk is longer than the walk to gate 110 out of MNL from the lounge.
No choice on that- T4 has just 4 wodebody terminals, and those are at the ‘far’ end from the check-in area/ main concourse.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
I've just learnt of a guy who was "assigned" to fly SQ so he can buy Irvins (fish skin) for "the boss" on the way back...CX is losing actual business for flying into T4...
I am not surprised.

I normally could get home by 9pm after the CX711 arrival from T1. Now I arrived home closer to 10pm from T4.

The only thing I get out of arriving at T4 is I get to buy a box of fresh Mao Shan Wang whenever I transfer at T2 at the Durian Empire Shop.

(Audio)
Old Feb 9, 2018, 3:22 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
I have done all of one flight on CX to SIN T4 so far. And no departures. So hardly much experience yet. My 1/2 impression was the terminal itself was very nice and put together. The obvious downside was the long walk from the gate as many people have now pointed out. IIRC it took me about 5+ minutes very brisk walking from deplaning to security. If you have any mobility issues whatsoever, are elderly, are pregnant, lugging infants, or even just have a lot of heavy carry-ons, I could see the walk being a turn off.

There are a few of those flat escalator things, but not enough. If they had double the escalator mover things it would go a long way to being a very nice arrival.

The place was spanking clean, easy bathrooms, reading some of the initial feedback here I was prepared for a crappy budget terminal. Definitely doesn't have the low end vibe at all. Very nice! Just the walk is bad. Hopefully they can install a few more escalators.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.