Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Ausbt review of Singapore T4 lounge:

https://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacific-singapore-changi-terminal-4-business-class-lounge
Print Wikipost

Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2017, 6:51 pm

No Aesop at Narita CX Lounge.

(Audio)
Old Nov 5, 2017, 7:41 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
More observations on T4:

1/ It is a beautiful terminal. Given the low volumes, felt like a VIP terminal (but this will undoubtedly change once more airlines move across)

2/ The CX aerobridges are all the way at one end of the terminal from immigration / lounge. It's a long walk (my estimation its like the Wing to say the high 20s gate at HKIA?) with 2 travellators - and you are guaranteed to get this all the time. I wonder why they could not design the aerobridges to be nearer the immigration terminals and make your full-service airline customers walk less.

3/ They could do with more manual counters as there was a queue forming when i visited during Sunday PM

Still for CX O/D passengers, i think T4 is ok. Connecting to / from T1 C gates on those QF itineraries would be a royal pain... (e.g. PER-SIN on QF, and then SIN-HKG on CX)
Old Nov 5, 2017, 7:53 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by landingpoint
FYI: Laksa is available, but from 1pm onwards.
They had laksa at 9am when I was there last Friday. Had a chat with the canteen lady about the lovely flavours and the authentic sambal. I had suggested adding some laksa leaves as a garnish and even offered to make me a paleo version without the noodles!

I'm in love with this lounge. But someone please let us know when they stop offering the Moet
Old Nov 5, 2017, 7:54 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by ermen
Used my CX T4 BP to clear security + immigration (3 pax) at T3.
OK. No need for me to do the T3 run (unless the wife wants tax-free Charles and Keith shopping)
Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
It was mentioned in the review that this was a requirement.

QUOTE:

"If you're not a local, just remember to bring a universal AC adaptor in your carry-on bag as local regulations required that Cathay's lounge design team install only a standard Singapore AC socket (the same as used in Hong Kong and the UK) in the lounge, rather than the multi-port socket used on aircraft and in many hotels."

https://www.ausbt.com.au/review-cath...s-class-lounge
Originally Posted by sxc
Same as HK lounges and a government requirement.
I have noticed an inconsistency.

At the gate departures area at SIN T4, the power sockets beside the chairs are indeed universal sockets (ie the ones that you see onboard the aircraft).

So, if these are then supposedly approved at the departures area, why can they not be approved for the lounge area?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 12:00 am

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Interesting take on how T4 has failed in its design and planning:
https://coconuts.co/singapore/news/r...ailure-design/

Nobody took ownership of “consistency” of experience across terminals. In Terminal 1, the arrival pick up was on a mezzanine floor and which is now moved to the side of the building. In Terminal 2, the arrival pickup is alongside the taxi rank. In Terminal 3, it is one floor below arrival. In Terminal 4, nobody knows.

One unique feature that evolved in all three Terminals was that the airside concourse was for both arriving and departing passengers. Singapore became unique in this respect because only one other airport, KLIA, has this feature.

I am sure that the security people would argue against a common concourse, but the argument can go either way and nobody is the wiser. A common concourse takes the stress out for transiting passengers, while creating a marketplace communal atmosphere, increasing retail exposure, and freeing up real estate for other uses and it is here that leadership and a sense of ownership would have made a huge difference.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:58 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
IMO it is so much better not to have security at the gates, that was the most annoying feature about both Changi and KUL. No priority whatsoever, long queues and one more stress factor to one’s journey.

I’m now happily sat at the CX lounge, however, I’m disappointed that the Noodle Bar had no vegetarian options. Is the Moet only temporary as some have suggested? It’s the worst ”Cathay Champagne” in my opinion.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 2:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Some nice pictures in this lounge review.

Also confirms multi-socket plugs are installed in T4 Blossom lounge and T4 main areas, so maybe CX skimped on these?

Mobile Link: https://mainlymiles.com/2017/11/07/r...-singapore-t4/
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:28 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by lkrt
IMO it is so much better not to have security at the gates, that was the most annoying feature about both Changi and KUL. No priority whatsoever, long queues and one more stress factor to one’s journey.

I’m now happily sat at the CX lounge, however, I’m disappointed that the Noodle Bar had no vegetarian options. Is the Moet only temporary as some have suggested? It’s the worst ”Cathay Champagne” in my opinion.
I flew out on Sat on CX716 last week. Totally agreed re: security at the gate - it is a total pain. Much better now at T4.

However, I found the lounge a bit small (the sitting area at least) given HKG - SIN is one of the most elite member heavy routes across the network...I can only imagine during busy times the lounge will easy go over capacity.

The lounge overall is obviously better than T1 Dnata lounge but I still prefer QF lounge over this new one. The food quality is so much better at QF and staff are much well trained there.

Very long walk to the gate and people were a bit confused on how to use the auto-gate to board.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:13 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by lkrt

They actually did have priority queues set up--not for all airlines, and I never saw it in KL, but at Changi most definitely there was a split between MPC/ow elite, and the "other" queue for security. Perhaps you never noticed since MPC included nearly everybody?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:25 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by ermen
Used my CX T4 BP to clear security + immigration (3 pax) at T3.
Originally Posted by percysmith
OK. No need for me to do the T3 run (unless the wife wants tax-free Charles and Keith shopping)
This has become necessary beyond wife's Charles and Keith. Colleagues voted for Irwin > Golden Duck and we're going to have to trek to T2 for it http://www.changiairport.com/en/shop...alted-egg.html (unless we get it in town earlier)
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
This has become necessary beyond wife's Charles and Keith. Colleagues voted for Irwin > Golden Duck and we're going to have to trek to T2 for it http://www.changiairport.com/en/shop...alted-egg.html (unless we get it in town earlier)
Would be good to have another datapoint to see if it indeed works!

Just be mindful of the time it takes to get back thought to T4, and then trek back to the gate.

Took me almost 35 mins after clearing T3 immigration to be at the CX gate. Obviously T2 would be quicker!
Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by MKE-MR
They actually did have priority queues set up--not for all airlines, and I never saw it in KL, but at Changi most definitely there was a split between MPC/ow elite, and the "other" queue for security. Perhaps you never noticed since MPC included nearly everybody?
Is there a priority queues for T4?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:50 am

Programs: Singapore Airlines
Originally Posted by CX30616
Is there a priority queues for T4?
At security? Not for First/Business pax on 3 Nov. There was a priority lane but it was marked for staff and special assistance - plus it was closed!

At the gate? Yes - the usual "First/Business" queue. See below ^

Also, for those who are interested in the "Blossom Lounge" which does have showers and a manned bar - we have a full review on our website... but we aren't allowed to post links here yet... spot the noob!
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by MainlyMiles
At security? Not for First/Business pax on 3 Nov. There was a priority lane but it was marked for staff and special assistance - plus it was closed!

At the gate? Yes - the usual "First/Business" queue. See below ^

Also, for those who are interested in the "Blossom Lounge" which does have showers and a manned bar - we have a full review on our website... but we aren't allowed to post links here yet... spot the noob!
Thanks Eddie. Finally!^
MainlyMiles likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.