Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Ausbt review of Singapore T4 lounge:

https://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacific-singapore-changi-terminal-4-business-class-lounge
Print Wikipost

Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:15 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by dfs24
The way I interpret this T4 access thing is that T4 passengers can access other terminals, but only T4 passengers can go to T4.

This caps the strain on the shuttle to the total number of T4 passengers vs all transit passengers.
I agree.

Actually FWIW - Changi T4 website suggests that arriving passengers in T4, can go to T1/2/3. Because, you do NOT need a boarding pass to board the bus to T1/2/3, as the only way to get it is at T1/2/3

So, actually you can prima facie go to T1/2/3 to use their facilities there.

QED

http://t4.changiairport.com/en/getting-there
Follow transfer signs and enter the ‘Bus to T1, T2 & T3’ lounge. Passengers will alight at T2. Passengers without their onward boarding pass should proceed to their respective airline transfer counters at their terminal of departure.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by ermen
I agree.

Actually FWIW - Changi T4 website suggests that arriving passengers in T4, can go to T1/2/3. Because, you do NOT need a boarding pass to board the bus to T1/2/3, as the only way to get it is at T1/2/3

So, actually you can prima facie go to T1/2/3 to use their facilities there.

QED

http://t4.changiairport.com/en/getting-there
Follow transfer signs and enter the ‘Bus to T1, T2 & T3’ lounge. Passengers will alight at T2. Passengers without their onward boarding pass should proceed to their respective airline transfer counters at their terminal of departure.
I take this as describing how to get to T123 *landside*, which means access to the arrival and departure (check In) halls, not the airside areas with shopping, lounges, etc.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
I take this as describing how to get to T123 *landside*, which means access to the arrival and departure (check In) halls, not the airside areas with shopping, lounges, etc.
no - read the webpage - there is a separate section just above that blurb that talks about landside.

also, there are no transfer counters landside.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 10:31 am

Think there are still some teething problems...
I tried to use the automated check in kiosk. It is a little inconvenient to have to fish around for your e-ticket number. Then the ground staff tells me that there's some problem with the kiosk and that I should use the manned counters instead... so back to status quo!

Lounge was ok. Gets crowded pretty quickly around 2 hrs before departure. Guess people are enjoying the self-service Moet - when I arrived in the lounge, they'd run out of clean flutes!

Boarding was less organized than previous T1 experiences. Only 2 lines and a few unhappy Green cardholders cos the staff couldn't definitively tell them which line to use. Perhaps some signs for FFP priority boarding would've been useful? I'm not sure whether they bothered to board Economy by row/cabins.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
no - read the webpage - there is a separate section just above that blurb that talks about landside.

also, there are no transfer counters landside.
On the page now I see it in context. You're right. This is referring to airside. Sorry.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 1:56 am

Posting this from T3 Airside.

Used my CX T4 BP to clear security + immigration (3 pax) at T3.

Cleared through, no questions asked.

So, it seems possible to clear immigration at T1/2/3 with a T4 BP.

Afterwards, at T2 Gate F51?, they check your BP and issue you a big purple T4 sticker, before you are allowed to clear security to board the transit bus.

Last edited by ermen; Nov 5, 2017 at 3:17 am
Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CX MPO DM
I hope pictures are welcome here...some shots from the CX lounge at Changi T4.
FYI: Laksa is available, but from 1pm onwards.

Seating and self-service area to the left

Noodle Bar to the right

Aesop handwash and hand balm at the loo
Alawyer and kaffir76 like this.

Last edited by landingpoint; Nov 5, 2017 at 2:42 am Reason: Duplicate image
Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:50 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF

Good to know!
Online boarding pass, or did you head rob t4 check-in first?
Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:52 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Great shots, thank you. Also interesting to see Aesop in there. That's what they do at both Pier J and Pier F (in HK), in TPE, and now SIN. It seems to be their "luxury" move for the bathrooms, although it's noticeably absent from Wing F.

Anyone know if Aesop is in any of the other new lounges? Like BKK, LHR, MNL, HND, etc?

I also wonder if Aesop will go in the new KA/G16 lounge space, the rumored "Deck".
Old Nov 5, 2017, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by jagmeets
Good to know!
Online boarding pass, or did you head rob t4 check-in first?
Headed to T4 first to get physical BP.

Took the landside T4 - T2 bus (not the most pleasant as there was a line - but to be fair, plenty of buses queuing up to pickup pax) to get to T3 for lunch
Old Nov 5, 2017, 3:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CX MPO DM
Originally Posted by QRC3288
Great shots, thank you. Also interesting to see Aesop in there. That's what they do at both Pier J and Pier F (in HK), in TPE, and now SIN. It seems to be their "luxury" move for the bathrooms, although it's noticeably absent from Wing F.

Anyone know if Aesop is in any of the other new lounges? Like BKK, LHR, MNL, HND, etc?

I also wonder if Aesop will go in the new KA/G16 lounge space, the rumored "Deck".
Cheers. As of today, BKK CX lounge toilets do not carry Aesop.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 3:50 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by landingpoint
Cheers. As of today, BKK CX lounge toilets do not carry Aesop.
But they use Aesop like bottles. Or have refilled Aesop bottles with the labels removed.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 6:01 am

Programs: SQ AA TK

Afterwards, at T2 Gate F51?, they check your BP and issue you a big purple T4 sticker, before you are allowed to clear security to board the transit bus.
Just thought I'd highlight that my experience at SIN clearing immigration at the non-departure terminal has been inconsistent.

Most of the times I make it through, but I'd say 10% of the time I get denied. The last time I was rejected was trying to use TG BP to get into T3. Was doing that for the SKL. So YMMV.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ TPPS, AS 75K
Originally Posted by landingpoint
I hope pictures are welcome here...some shots from the CX lounge at Changi T4.
Great pics! Amazing you got it while empty. The two times I've been there it's been really full! (around 5pm)
Old Nov 5, 2017, 12:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Aesop is in the lounge at LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.