Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences

Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Ausbt review of Singapore T4 lounge:

https://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacific-singapore-changi-terminal-4-business-class-lounge
Print Wikipost

Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences

Old Dec 22, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
i am not sure if QF F lounge is worth all the hassel anymore. its still just a lounge, do i want to sweat over it? on poorly sequenced case, the whole process of F lounge to T4 alone could take longer than city to T4 by taxi
Old Dec 22, 2019, 6:58 am

I can't see myself doing this when flying CX out of T4 - sounds like I would have to arrive a good 4 hours before the T4 departure in order to make it worthwhile.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by stargold
I can't see myself doing this when flying CX out of T4 - sounds like I would have to arrive a good 4 hours before the T4 departure in order to make it worthwhile.
I agree this can’t be worth the hassle. Cathay lounge in T4 is good enough
Old Dec 24, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: CX Gold
OT:

can we do tax refund in the Jewel?
Old Jan 14, 2023, 8:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Recent DP:

Had the very late evening/ early morning 01:20 flight, checked into T4 and dropped off my bag before heading to jewel for some shopping. I entered changi at T1 (make sure you have a printed boarding pass from the agent and not the kiosk) and was able to enter no problem. Spent about 4 hours in the lovely QF F lounge before hopping into the airside shuttle at gate C21 to T4.

With the CX lounge closed, definitely think it’s worth the hassle especially if you need to kill some time
percysmith likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 7:23 pm

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Recent DP:

Had the very late evening/ early morning 01:20 flight, checked into T4 and dropped off my bag before heading to jewel for some shopping. I entered changi at T1 (make sure you have a printed boarding pass from the agent and not the kiosk) and was able to enter no problem. Spent about 4 hours in the lovely QF F lounge before hopping into the airside shuttle at gate C21 to T4.

With the CX lounge closed, definitely think it’s worth the hassle especially if you need to kill some time
How long were the check in counters open before departure at T4?
Old Jan 14, 2023, 10:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by db07mufan
How long were the check in counters open before departure at T4?
It will depend on the flights for the day, you can check in as long as the counters are open but they will only be open T - 3 hours before the next flight. Check the day you are flying for when the gates will be open
Old Jan 15, 2023, 4:49 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
It will depend on the flights for the day, you can check in as long as the counters are open but they will only be open T - 3 hours before the next flight. Check the day you are flying for when the gates will be open
Pardon my ignorance, does that mean you checked in for your 0120 flight during the check in time for another CX flight?
Old Jan 15, 2023, 4:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by db07mufan
Pardon my ignorance, does that mean you checked in for your 0120 flight during the check in time for another CX flight?
I checked in at 11:00 the day prior for my flight at 01:20 the next day
Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I have a long layover at SIN. I'm currently at the Plaza Premium waiting for one of the better lounges to open. Going to T4 sounds like a total pain with another round of security checks, but I haven't visited the Cx lounge before. Does CX have a breakfast and lunch/dinner menu or one menu for the whole day? Can I shower? What is a slower time of the day? If I make the trip over there, I'll have to make it count. What's a must-try item from the menu?
Old Jan 5, 2024, 9:03 pm

Programs: CX, Delta
Originally Posted by lsquare
I have a long layover at SIN. I'm currently at the Plaza Premium waiting for one of the better lounges to open. Going to T4 sounds like a total pain with another round of security checks, but I haven't visited the Cx lounge before. Does CX have a breakfast and lunch/dinner menu or one menu for the whole day? Can I shower? What is a slower time of the day? If I make the trip over there, I'll have to make it count. What's a must-try item from the menu?
CX lounge does not have shower facilities but they will help arrange you to use the shower facilities in the lounge right across from them (I cannot remember the lounge's name, perhaps it's Plaza Premium). The shower room in there is a bit worn but if you just want a quick shower, it's fine. There are only I think 2 shower rooms in there, so one might have to wait a bit during peak times.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 9:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
CX noodle bar menu is the same all day. Chef indicated that Laksa is their signature dish at the Singapore outpost.

I don't remember if the buffet changes from breakfast to lunch but it is nothing exciting.

No shower available at the Cathay Lounge.

It's not worth a trip over to T4 if you are J / OWE and not flying Cathay.

J - Qatar Lounge at T1 is the best option and even better now that they open in the mornings too. Shower readily available.

OWE - Qantas First has great shower options and open from 2:30pm/3pm onwards.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by germatory
CX noodle bar menu is the same all day. Chef indicated that Laksa is their signature dish at the Singapore outpost.

I don't remember if the buffet changes from breakfast to lunch but it is nothing exciting.

No shower available at the Cathay Lounge.

It's not worth a trip over to T4 if you are J / OWE and not flying Cathay.

J - Qatar Lounge at T1 is the best option and even better now that they open in the mornings too. Shower readily available.

OWE - Qantas First has great shower options and open from 2:30pm/3pm onwards.
Now that I'm home, I can properly respond to your post.

The noodle bar menu does change slightly between breakfast and lunch. There is no congee after 10:30 AM or so.

The buffet does change between breakfast and lunch.

There is no Cathay Delight!

Going to CX lounge from T1 was indeed a pain in the butt. Was it worth it? At least I can say I've now done it and tried out CX's lounge.

Last edited by lsquare; Jan 17, 2024 at 7:48 pm
Old Jan 17, 2024, 5:27 pm

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
There is nothing about that lounge that woudl justify the hassle of going to t4 just to visit the lounge.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 5:48 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Jane's Addiction
There is nothing about that lounge that woudl justify the hassle of going to t4 just to visit the lounge.
Most people I know try to go the other way (not enter T4 first)
fakecd likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.