Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Ausbt review of Singapore T4 lounge:

https://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacific-singapore-changi-terminal-4-business-class-lounge
Print Wikipost

Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
Just been a round-trip in T4, agree with the lack of walkways and the sense of having to walk infinitely. Very vibrant decoration, feel less crowded than T1-3 (maybe because it's noon arrival and midnight departure), but perhaps less exciting than T1-3.

I also asked the airport counter that (at least) Cathay Pacific passengers are allowed to go from T4 departure to T2 "as long as enough time"; but I entered the departure area just 1 hour before boarding (and before checking out the CX lounge) so could not try.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club; Asia Miles
Currently T4 is not at 100 or even 50% utilized. By then, expect crowds hanging around the gates standing as there's very limited seating around the gate. And expect delayed departure which will make things worst.

From what I observed, T4 design is for passengers to shop until time is close to departure before one heads to the gate and stand around the gate. One good thing for T4 is the smoking rooms. It's all A/C and unlike T1 where there's only one and it's outdoor which is heat and humid.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 4:38 am

I really, really like the row of faux Peranakan shophouses at T4 and the hologram show with music that takes place intermittently - where the houses “open up” to show the residents interacting, dancing, neighbors falling in love, finally culminating in a grand wedding fiesta in traditional garbs. Very creative concept and an awesome sight to behold!
jagmeets, HawaiiO and royng like this.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Just did a 734/659 weekend turn and must really say that CX got the short end of the carrot here. Really wished it had stayed in T1 where I can check in, shop, lounge and still stroll to gate in an hour, but oh well... now is a lot of walking in a look-nice terminal. Even the outbound immigration is open to sunlight. Pity the officers.

The lounge itself is nothing impressive and the lack of natural lighting really gives it a cold feel. They try to made it look uniform like the Pier and the other outport lounges but a lot of wasted space and haphazard arrangement. Furniture look old.

Catering (wanton noodles) was severely underwhelming. Meat and shrimp was mashed into a wanton ball and stock was salty. And who drinks the Moet? Would rather they put back the Billecart Salmon they used to serve in regional J.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 7:14 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I really, really like the row of faux Peranakan shophouses at T4 and the hologram show with music that takes place intermittently - where the houses “open up” to show the residents interacting, dancing, neighbors falling in love, finally culminating in a grand wedding fiesta in traditional garbs. Very creative concept and an awesome sight to behold!
Here's the sequence - its a beautiful song by a local songwriter Dick Lee
HawaiiO likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ TPPS, AS 75K
Any experience transferring from CX (T4) to SQ (T2)? How long does it take?

Have two separate tickets with 50mins connection. Usually enough I would believe but delays might really make that shorter
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:03 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
31 minutes from exiting T2 security to T4 gate .
If gate parking time not included then this is going to be very hairy connection.

No baggage right? Otherwise MCT is 80 mins.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:07 am

Wow. 31minutes is long!

I'm heading the opposite direction (T4 to T2) but O guess time will be similar.

Thinking about whether buying a cash ticket on a later flight is worth it (and risk the no show/cancellation fee) if I don't use it
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
[QUOTE=percysmith;29642791
No baggage right? Otherwise MCT is 80 mins.[/QUOTE]

expertflyer shows 90 mins..not that MCT is relevant (technically), but even SQ-SQ is 60 mins for mist flights

Still, should be do-able if flights on time, no bags and the OP is quick off the plane and theees not much wait for the inter terminal bus (Long walk from the CX gates, just before immigration)- good luck to the OP!
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:11 am

Thanks!! *Fingers crossed*
Old Apr 15, 2018, 4:12 pm

Made it!

So I made it!

Was lucky with the flights:
- 5:12 CX659 landed
- 5:24 at the gate
- 5:34 in the T2 transfer bus - waited for what felt was a looong time
- 5:46 arrive at T2

Then a brisk walk to the gate! (which I always seem to get the farthest out ones everytime I fly out of Changi)
Alawyer likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 5:51 pm

After few return trips of SIN-HKG, I feel T4 is generally a failure.

The positive things about T4 are CX lounge (no shower!), a centralized security check without needing to take our computers, and generally fast process from entering the terminal to the lounge (only).

Then the bad parts comes, I’m not a person who like to shop, in T1 before, it only takes me very short time from immigration to the dnata lounge, however in T4, the walk distance is almost twice or even more compared to T1, and before boarding, there is still a long walking, and only 2 walkways are there. Maybe the distance between the wide body gate to lounge is the same as the distance between dnata lounge and the old boarding gate, but the long walking distance really sucks. (Also for the arrival, very long walks with only 1-2 walkways!).

Also for the car pickup point of T4, it is outdoor and a mess. The number of door did not matter anymore already, people have to walk out of terminal to find their Uber/ Grab cars, which is not a problem from T1-3.

I still wonder why T4 can help SIN get best airport award.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 6:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Originally Posted by CX30616
The positive things about T4 are CX lounge (no shower!), a centralized security check without needing to take our computers, and generally fast process from entering the terminal to the lounge (only)..
Definitely agree about the centralised security check and processing. Bit surprised nobody took the departure card, just the kind of administration Singaporeans seem to enjoy. The terminals itself is really quite nice. Then there are the buts:
  1. Takes a while to get across to T4 from the main terminals.
  2. I personally did not like the CX Lounge, seems quite dark. Though no question an improvement over the old one.
  3. Packed and not enough seats. Was there on a Thursday afternoon.
  4. Food and Bar Selections poor.
  5. Just something missing from the staff, might be personalities.
Nicc
Old Apr 15, 2018, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by CX30616
in T4, the walk distance is almost twice or even more compared to T1, and before boarding, there is still a long walking, and only 2 walkways are there. Maybe the distance between the wide body gate to lounge is the same as the distance between dnata lounge and the old boarding gate, but the long walking distance really sucks. (Also for the arrival, very long walks with only 1-2 walkways!).
This one is so true! It perplexes me why they didn't have more walkways!
Old Jun 20, 2018, 10:50 pm

Programs: QFF WP
To summarise my experience last weekend:

To summarise:

- Had Electronic BP for CX flight (T4)
- tried to enter through immigration at T2
- Was told they couldn't scan electronic BP so go to T1
- Was told at T1 that I couldn't access because terminals were not connected (though they essentially are by airside bus between T2 and T4)
- Went back to T4 and went through immigration
- Got bus back to T2, no issues, just had to explain what I was doing and got a sticker (and had plenty of time so they weren't worried I'd miss flight)
- later got bus back to T4

Kind of ridiculous to be told you can't possible go into this area (T1/2/3), and then later to be walking through that very same area!
percysmith and royng like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.