Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Ausbt review of Singapore T4 lounge:

https://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacific-singapore-changi-terminal-4-business-class-lounge
Print Wikipost

Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2017, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
I think that’s what they want you to do. And if it’s faster....why not?
It's not. I've now had the "pleasure" of using automated check ins and bag drops at two different airports. It may save the airlines paying someone's salary but you nor i are ever going to print boarding passes and attach baggage labels as quickly as someone who does it all day every day. Its a pain, frankly.
HaikalS likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 5:50 pm

I think they are here to stay. Practice then?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
Nice; that's exactly my connection in two months time
i feel for you.

If i were you and arriving into gates C at T1, I would actually head to T3, then take the skytrain to T2 and then the bus to T4.

Otherwise its a walk from T1 C to D wings, then train from T1 to T2, then a walk across T2 to the bus gate.
Innocent Abroad likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:38 pm

Programs: CX DM
CX734 Sunday 26th November

Originally Posted by ckx2
A colleague was on todays CX716 while I'm flying on Sunday. He texted me shortly after he reached. Basically the check-in area was overflowing because some machines didn't work. Check-in took more than 30 minutes due to uber elite heavy flight. The lounge was a zoo as CX734 was delayed for more than an hour. Not a single free seat, people sitting on the floor or outside of the terminal. Chilled drinks replenishment was non-existant and no laksa for more than an hour to be seen. Staff has pretty much given up. Boarding was a mess.

Let's see if I have more luck on Sunday. If I read the signs correctly, my flight is already overbooked.
CX734 was pretty full Sunday and slightly delayed as well. The new lounge was a zoo not because there was no space left but because of a bunch of loud passengers. The lounge seems to be set up for grabbing a quick bite or drink, but with insufficient space to handle a badly delayed flight given how elite heavy this route is.

I reckon the only good thing about T4 is that security is no longer at the gates. The dedicated CX lounge is not enough to offset the minuses of poor connectivity to T1 - 3. Nor is the automation much of a plus.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by ermen
Posting this from T3 Airside.

Used my CX T4 BP to clear security + immigration (3 pax) at T3.

Cleared through, no questions asked.

So, it seems possible to clear immigration at T1/2/3 with a T4 BP.

Afterwards, at T2 Gate F51?, they check your BP and issue you a big purple T4 sticker, before you are allowed to clear security to board the transit bus.
Posting this from the airside T2-T4 transfer bus.

I used my CX T4 BP to clear security and immigration (automated) at T2. No questions asked again.

So i do not know why people say that you cannot use a T4 BP to clear security at other terminals. Been 100% for me at T3 and T2 now.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:07 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by ermen

So i do not know why people say that you cannot use a T4 BP to clear security at other terminals. Been 100% for me at T3 and T2 now.
At T1, they have a guard checking your boarding pass before you get into the area where you go through immigration. Is this also the case at T2 and T3?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by sxc
At T1, they have a guard checking your boarding pass before you get into the area where you go through immigration. Is this also the case at T2 and T3?
yes its the same.
Didnt get a comment from the guard.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 4:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CX MPO DM
Another data point: arrived on CX at T4. I parked my car at T2 South car park (i.e. the uncovered one) the day before. At the bottom of the escalator leading to T4 arrival immigration, I asked the T1-T3 transfer counter guy if I could take the airside bus to T2 and clear immigration from T2 (I have no check-in luggage). It was a no-go. So had to clear immigration from T4, take the public shuttle bus (long queues - waited 10 minutes for 2 buses till my turn!) and then a 10-minutes ride to T2.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 5:38 am

Programs: LH HON
Okay so first time flying out T4 on Sunday. I am sorry, but this is pathetic. The bad/non-existent public transportation has already been covered, but the entire terminal is a joke. Two manned desks for a queue of idk how many elites (not surprising on that route). Unfortunately the kiosk didn't work for me (neither booking code, nor passport accepted). Took about 25 minutes to get my bag checked. Security was alright in terms of speed, but still had to get my laptop out (why?). I don't mind walking through duty free, seen this at other airports as well and luckily it's not overcrowded (yet). Cathay lounge is okay for what it's supposed to be; a place Cathay invite you to have a drink and then hopefully get the hell out.

I don't see this going anywhere. It sucks.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 5:43 am

T4 is not a bad O&D terminal if you have taxi/car access.

I took public transport today (bus 36) - basically went to T3/1/2, then had a 5min stop at T2 to change bus driver before proceeding to T4.

I would have thought T4 is relatively small and efficient though.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 5:50 am

Programs: JMB Diamond,NH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, IHG Royal Ambassador Spire,
Originally Posted by Alawyer
I wasn't surprised - witnessed the beginning of the fiasco with 3 re-timed flights that Friday afternoon. The laksa lady had a meltdown with the long queue and forgot everyone's orders. The salads were not replenished. And almost all the seats in the lounge were taken by the time I left on the CX712 to BKK at 1:30pm

I swore there was still 3 bottles of Moet when I left.

CX has to rethink their J check in strategy. There was a long queue with only 2 desks open - I just gave up and DIY printed up my boarding pass.
Been away from CX for a year now. Seems things haven't improved much. They did, as a DM, ask me why I wasn't flying them much anymore. Mentioned partly location, but also too many delays and a general downgrade in the product. Been very happy with NH and particularly JAL since. Not likely to go back on this form....
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:23 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by percysmith
I'll try 10 December if no-one has tried earlier. Dragging my wife along but she's getting used to me walking all over the place, doing inconvenient things and waving my arms to generate data points for FT.
​​​​​
Today's detour (CX716 T4 Gate 21):

15:45 arrive t4
15:50 perform tax refund registration
15:57 completed check in start moving to t2 landside bus
16:04 board t2 bus
16:13 get off t2 bus
(16:17 reach t3
16:25 leave t3)
16:32 enter t2 immigration
16:38 exit t2 immigration
16:40 obtain tax refund cash
(Irvins and other shopping)
17:08 reach T2 gate 51, security check
17:15 board bus
17:24 get off bus, arrive at blossoms lounge
17:38 leave lounge
17:45 arrive T4 gate g21

The only thing was, the gate 51 receptionist was confused why I wasn't transferring from another flight, but I clarified I arrived yesterday and was allowed on the bus.

Last edited by percysmith; Jan 3, 2018 at 10:13 am
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:22 pm

Since CX allows check-in 24 hours before departure at SIN, is one allowed to use the T4 lounge the night before?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 11:41 pm

If they close all CX lounges in Hong Kong after 12.30am, I don't see why Terminal 4 lounge should be open 24 hours a day.....

(Audio)
Old Dec 14, 2017, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Audio
If they close all CX lounges in Hong Kong after 12.30am, I don't see why Terminal 4 lounge should be open 24 hours a day.....

(Audio)
Right, they operate 04:00-01:00. But curious if they would let one in at 6pm the day before departure. Assuming one will stay overnight at a transit hotel before a morning departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.