Search

OWE booking KA flights under CA code

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
OWE booking KA flights under CA code

Hello.

I am a BA Gold/OWE. I would like to book CTU-HKG r/t on 23 December and 15 January. Prices on KA numbers are expensive so I am very much tempted to book the same flights under CA codes instead.

The numbers are CA 6501, CA 6502 or KA821/KA820.

If I was to book via CA, as an OWE would I have lounge access in CTU and HKG?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Technically, no. Did you look up the fare on CX's website, though?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Technically, no. Did you look up the fare on CX's website, though?
AHH not good. CA is doing around d £132 return when CX is doing £230 return. I honestly value oneworld benefits so hopefully those more experienced can help!
Old Oct 21, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by cysyuen
AHH not good. CA is doing around d £132 return when CX is doing £230 return. I honestly value oneworld benefits so hopefully those more experienced can help!
Apparently this is the case...sorry, too bad.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 5:59 pm

Programs: CX
No access to the lounge. But is that really worth £100 to you?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
So for CTU, the lounge is operated by Air China and is pretty lame, nothing special.

For HKG, I think there is actually some possibility those lounges will let you in on the virtue of having a KA boarding pass and an OWE status on it...
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by cysyuen
Also check the chage/refund conditions if that matters to you.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nolounge
No access to the lounge. But is that really worth £100 to you?
The £100 extra is definitely not something I would like to pay. I really want it to be under KA code just for the sake of using their priority services for bags and just better treatment. I really wish I am rich enough to say £100 is noting. Given this ticket would be a return so I will need to do HKG-CTU too, which basically means I will miss out A LOT if I stick with CA codes as I may be declined entry and probably just wept outside the lounges ahaha.

Originally Posted by shd9
So for CTU, the lounge is operated by Air China and is pretty lame, nothing special.

For HKG, I think there is actually some possibility those lounges will let you in on the virtue of having a KA boarding pass and an OWE status on it...
I honestly hope this can happen, suppose I can ask them to add my BAEC number on the BP as I attempt to check in at First check-in?

The CTU lounge is indeed just a squared room with some food and drinks on the right side. There isn't even a toilet there. I can care less about CTU lounge but I do care about The Pier F and other CX/QF lounges as I don't depart from HKG often. I mean I am a HK citizen but I study in the UK...

Originally Posted by brunos
Also check the chage/refund conditions if that matters to you.
This is a big concern as to why I want it to be KA/CX code. This is because I will be arriving from an Ex-EU flight between WAW-CTU operated by KL and being a CX/KA ticket means I will have more flexibility if things go wrong as the ground agents would be able to reissue it instantly should I miss any connections, even after I put a night in Chengdu as a buffer.

p.s. WAW-CTU is just £857.60 return in their World Business class. this CTU-AMS route reminds me of the good old days when BA was running this route and that decent fare of ITALY-LHR-HKG-CTU-HKG-LHR-SPAIN for just around £1100...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.