Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Stay tuned for exciting updates to our programme

Stay tuned for exciting updates to our programme

Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:40 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by eyeballer
The cheaper JFK<>YVR Y fares only earn AM/MP so might as well credit them. Getting back on topic.. I am interested to see if the new changes affect this route specifically.
Speculation: given this is such a small part of the CX network, and people who only fly this route can provide no incremental revenue by increased loyalty generated by changes....I would speculate this route specifically is not on the radar for changes.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:46 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
I found this email infuriating.

It makes me feel like I'm going out on a blind date. You have no idea what you're going to get.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:48 pm

Speculation:

- More points on US/NA routes - they are getting crushed by AA and newly competitive Asian carriers.

- More points in PE and full fare Y - i think they will have lost a lot of transient customers here.

- Improved waitlisting/redemption process.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by Alawyer

It makes me feel like I'm going out on a blind date. You have no idea what you're going to get.
In CX style, I think if they release such a message, it means that changes are imminent. I could be very wrong, tho.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
There are $3k I class tickets US to Asia???

Sounds interesting as I am a college student in the US too.

But that's only 200 cp...for the same amount or $3-4k I can get up to almost 400 flying ex outport
If you start at some mainland city, you can get around 14k-18k rmb (about 2200 usd) I fare to US, also some student fares are cheap.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:46 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
Interestingly, in another post today, CAN-HKG-YVR I fare is only ~$3k on CX website - never seen such generous offer directly from CX.
Originally Posted by CX30616
If you start at some mainland city, you can get around 14k-18k rmb (about 2200 usd) I fare to US, also some student fares are cheap.

He's discussing this Easter fare https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...l#post28914138
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by sxc
Speculation: given this is such a small part of the CX network, and people who only fly this route can provide no incremental revenue by increased loyalty generated by changes....I would speculate this route specifically is not on the radar for changes.
Agree, but it might also be part of the U.S. - HKG/Asia route that will be benefited if the CP is buffed.

To G-CIVC - interesting. I doubt it would be big changes since the CP system is still here (judging from the word "會籍積分", so CP).
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:40 pm

My guess is the medium haul table will be updated.
now there is very few “medium” haul location but guess after the change Singapore, Tokyo, Jakarta, Bali may become medium haul. And it makes sense and in a way tie with BA’s classification.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:57 pm

+1

Such a pointless email. Not sure why they opted to send a "teaser" when they could have waited to actually announce the changes. This seems like lazy marketing to tell their bosses they did something. I bet that email took 3 months of editing before it was actually released too.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:15 pm

There was a similar announcement a while back, targeted at DM's and letting them know they're "in for a treat" or something. I am not a DM and didn't get the mail, but do recall some of you did.

So did anything ever come from that?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:59 pm
mxr

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by gpia
There was a similar announcement a while back, targeted at DM's and letting them know they're "in for a treat" or something. I am not a DM and didn't get the mail, but do recall some of you did.

So did anything ever come from that?
Looking at my emails recently there has been the announcement of:

- exclusive DM boarding line
- Some exclusive DM benefits at Swire hotels and restaurants.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:01 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium

I had the same feeling as well... why bother to tell us change is coming very soon.. why not just tell us the change already or leave it for later to just announce it? Maybe they actually have no idea, and hope that this creates discussion on forums like this, and then they get ideas from us.... who knows... it's just a non-announcement announcement....
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:57 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by tfung
I had the same feeling as well... why bother to tell us change is coming very soon.. why not just tell us the change already or leave it for later to just announce it? Maybe they actually have no idea, and hope that this creates discussion on forums like this, and then they get ideas from us.... who knows... it's just a non-announcement announcement....
+1
Old Oct 11, 2017, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by mxr
Looking at my emails recently there has been the announcement of:

- exclusive DM boarding line
- Some exclusive DM benefits at Swire hotels and restaurants.
Ah yes, thanks, should have remembered that one. Can't find the respective thread to re-read the details though, and haven't seen them anywhere. Are they out there, and are they in addition to FC queues (where applicable?)
Old Oct 11, 2017, 2:59 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by gpia
Ah yes, thanks, should have remembered that one. Can't find the respective thread to re-read the details though, and haven't seen them anywhere. Are they out there, and are they in addition to FC queues (where applicable?)
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...l#post28662657

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.