Search

Charter to Guam

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (OWS)
Charter to Guam

Appeared in my inbox this afternoon -

"Guam has it all ... Enjoy these experiences with our new one-time, 5-star flight and hotel packages, flying on 19 November 2017 and returning on 23 November 2017."

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...chartered.html

Not clear whether the aircraft will be CX or KA.

Has Cathay Holidays offered chartered packages like this, to off-network destinations, in the past? I wonder if this is CX/KA dipping its toe in the water for a scheduled route in future?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Operated by a KA 320
Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:33 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
I recall seeing similar for MLE years ago before that was a regular destination.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:33 am

Programs: CX DM, IHG G, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Silver
I wonder why they offer this holiday to the only place in the pacific whose coast Kim jong un has threatened to bomb.and launching in the same day as Kim fires another missile proving that he had the capability to carry out the threat? Is the marketing team actually getting paid for this work?

Last edited by xp2000; Sep 15, 2017 at 6:34 am Reason: Typo
Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: CX JL QR LH BA
Is it Y or J class seats? It's not clear there.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:12 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ashsong
Is it Y or J class seats? It's not clear there.
I called them and they say it would be first class service
jerrywu likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
According to HKADB (the fb group), flight info are:
KA8120/19Nov HKG-GUM
KA8121/23Nov GUM-HKG
Operate by KA A320
Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by xp2000
I wonder why they offer this holiday to the only place in the pacific whose coast Kim jong un has threatened to bomb.and launching in the same day as Kim fires another missile proving that he had the capability to carry out the threat? Is the marketing team actually getting paid for this work?
Contrary to popular belief, even with the threatening, Guam is actually safer. Kim's family has been threatening Guam for years. They may be crazy, but not stupid. With the presence of the USAF bombers at Anderson AFB, 1 missile shooting toward to Guam? Total loss for Pyongyang.

Nothing to see here.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Originally Posted by xp2000
Your remarks s rather unbelievable to say the least. If the North Korean fatboy says that he wants to blow up the world and with his recent remark that he wants to wipe out Japan, does this mean all the airlines stop flying to Japan and for that matter to Guam.

We need to continue with our life and not take threats from irrelevant people too seriously. All the fatboy is doing is teasing the world is launching missiles into the sea.

Last edited by cxfan1960; Sep 16, 2017 at 4:44 pm Reason: Personal remarks removed by mod.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:13 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I guess this is some kind of corporate event that has chartered the plane and CX is trying to sell the remaining seats? The package price isn't bad actually.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:29 pm

Programs: CX JL QR LH BA
Outbound, Nov 19, 16:05 (HKG) -23:35 (GUM), 4.5 hours flying time.
Inbound, Nov 23, 12:45 (GUM) - 15:50 (HKG)

O class Economy, no points / miles can be accrued.

Price for two:

Outrigger Guam Beach Resort

Ocean view deluxe
Room only 9,197
Breakfast inclusive 10,616

Hyatt Regency Guam

Guest room with Ocean view
Room only 10,048
With breakfast 11,821

Dust Thani Guam Resort

Deluxe ocean front
Room only 11,041
With breakfast 13,727

premium ocean front
Room only 12,247
With Breakfast 14,233
Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: CX DM, IHG G, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by 380Flyer
Your remarks s rather unbelievable to say the least. If the North Korean fatboy says that he wants to blow up the world and with his recent remark that he wants to wipe out Japan, does this mean all the airlines stop flying to Japan and for that matter to Guam.

We need to continue with our life and not take threats from irrelevant people too seriously. All the fatboy is doing is teasing the world is launching missiles into the sea.
Your view of recent events is just that: an OPINION, so stop pretending that your view is science/fact and all other views are "naive and unbelievable." Sheesh.

Last edited by cxfan1960; Sep 16, 2017 at 4:45 pm Reason: Quote edited by mod.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by sxc
I guess this is some kind of corporate event that has chartered the plane and CX is trying to sell the remaining seats? The package price isn't bad actually.
I found 380Flyer's point of view is more believable than yours.

As 380Flyer said:

Originally Posted by 380Flyer
FWIW - as a fact, Guam has been periodically threatened by Kim's family. It is basically either a quarterly or annual event. However, this time is different when the grandson fired numerous missiles.

Originally Posted by sxc
Keep in mind - KA has practically no ground support. So don't expect a lot.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by garykung
Contrary to popular belief, even with the threatening, Guam is actually safer. Kim's family has been threatening Guam for years. They may be crazy, but not stupid. With the presence of the USAF bombers at Anderson AFB, 1 missile shooting toward to Guam? Total loss for Pyongyang.
Originally Posted by garykung
However, this time is different when the grandson fired numerous missiles.
So you think that Guam is now safer (years of empty threats), or less safe (numerous missiles fired by current dictator)?
Old Sep 16, 2017, 10:56 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
If you want to discuss the safety of travel to Guam you can discuss in OMNI.

Thanks sxc
Cathay Pacific Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.