Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay early baggage dropoff

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP75k, Marriott Titanium
I was denied check-in at JFK as a F pax 14 hours prior in July.

I was arriving from FRA into JFK at 8am, and was about to catch that evening's flight to YVR. I thought I would wander around the city a little bit without my luggage before my flight, so I went up to the F counter and asked to check in. The request was denied, and the agent claimed that "the system doesn't let her", and that "their shift is ending soon, so nobody would be holding my luggage responsible."
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Petester

I was arriving from FRA into JFK at 8am, and was about to catch that evening's flight to YVR. I thought I would wander around the city a little bit without my luggage before my flight, so I went up to the F counter and asked to check in. The request was denied, and the agent claimed that "the system doesn't let her", and that "their shift is ending soon, so nobody would be holding my luggage responsible."
We are talking about hkg here?!
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:59 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Petester

Most outports doesn't do all day check in or 24 hour early check ins. To start with, the actual airport would need to allow that, then it's up to the airlines, normally one airline needs enough frequency to make this actually work.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
How early can I check my bags for a CX flight at JFK?
Old May 14, 2018, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by suzsy
How early can I check my bags for a CX flight at JFK?
It looks like the answer to this question is 3.5 hours, which is a bummer as I was hoping to drop bags earlier than that. I'm on the 21:50 departure. With a 10:00 and 14:50 departure the same day, I had hoped I could drop bags around noon.

If someone knows that to be possible, I'd love to be corrected.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:26 pm

Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway
I'm flying from dxb To bkk on EK, flight arrives at 12:35 but my next flight on cx departs at 1910. I called ek they do not allow a check through, and cx baggage drop only opens at 1610. So im gonna have to carry my bags to town.... luckily I'm flying J on EK so the limo ride to town will be handy
Old Aug 9, 2018, 6:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by manucanuck
I'm flying from dxb To bkk on EK, flight arrives at 12:35 but my next flight on cx departs at 1910. I called ek they do not allow a check through, and cx baggage drop only opens at 1610. So im gonna have to carry my bags to town.... luckily I'm flying J on EK so the limo ride to town will be handy
theyve taken my luggage early before. U may be able to send ur bags at 1235 (or go to a cx transit desk and see if they would retag ur bag to hk)
Old Aug 11, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway
Originally Posted by kaka

theyve taken my luggage early before. U may be able to send ur bags at 1235 (or go to a cx transit desk and see if they would retag ur bag to hk)
this is amazing, thanks so much!

like i've done it with CX - TG (not even the same alliance), but was turned down by GA - CX, don't wanna risk the chances
Old Jun 30, 2019, 3:43 am

We’re flying KA later this year, 8am flight, we will stay in HKG before but given hotel prices shoot up on the 30/12 to 31st I figured we may as well stay at the airport the night before.

Regal would be the easiest? Inside terminal?

But question is, can we check in our luggage, in economy, OWS, the day before. Probably in town as we’d drop off after check out.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 9:56 pm

Just a quick question, I want to drop my bag in airport express Kowloon station, I don’t care about the boarding pass since I can get it in airport, can I drop the bag before 4pm July 24th for the flight CX840 HkG to JFK depart on July 25th 4:05pm? I know They won’t issue any boarding pass until 24hrs from departure, but can I still drop the bag?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:35 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by cyster2007
Just a quick question, I want to drop my bag in airport express Kowloon station, I don’t care about the boarding pass since I can get it in airport, can I drop the bag before 4pm July 24th for the flight CX840 HkG to JFK depart on July 25th 4:05pm? I know They won’t issue any boarding pass until 24hrs from departure, but can I still drop the bag?
CX is a day before airline at Kowloon Station https://www.mtr.com.hk/archive/en/services/itci.pdf

I'm not sure if you can use your 24th ticket on the 25th - check with counter staff
Old Jul 1, 2019, 4:37 am

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by cyster2007
I really doubt CX will accept bags for USA flights more than 24 hours before departure. After all, the check-in system is not even open. Where are you going to stay on the 24th? No hotel reservations at all? Your last bet is the luggage storage service at HKG airport (not very cheap though).
Old Jul 1, 2019, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by percysmith

CX is a day before airline at Kowloon Station https://www.mtr.com.hk/archive/en/services/itci.pdf

I'm not sure if you can use your 24th ticket on the 25th - check with counter staff
my airport express ticket actually on 25th, my flight also on 25th, but on 24th afternoon I need to go Guangzhou for a night, that’s why I don’t want to carry all the luggage
Old Jul 1, 2019, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by lixiaojuventus
I really doubt CX will accept bags for USA flights more than 24 hours before departure. After all, the check-in system is not even open. Where are you going to stay on the 24th? No hotel reservations at all? Your last bet is the luggage storage service at HKG airport (not very cheap though).
I need to stay in Guangzhou overnight on 24th, that’s why don’t want to carry all the luggage. And I think online check-in open 48 hours, CX also accept one day early for in-town check-in, but US regulation does not allow them to print out 24 hours before departure. I did call CX hotline few times and MPC hotline also, their answer both said yes, but I just worry about it
Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
I’ve checked in bags at about 26hrs before my flight to the US, this April. Was at the airport, F/DM though- but then, the system was able to generate the bag tags.

Last edited by jagmeets; Jul 1, 2019 at 12:17 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.