Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay early baggage dropoff

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2020, 3:34 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by pichalite
They are on different PNR. You mean SQ can tag a flight on CX? I don't think that will be possible since CX has its own baggage limits etc. How does that work? Mind sharing which airlines you did before?
Well I had CX tag me to Japan (weight system) and JL to Canada (piece system). My luggage has to be compliant with both sets of limits, MSC does not apply.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 3:06 am
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
Bringing up this old thread to ask for FTers' recent experience...any one tried one-day advance baggage drop-off at HKG counter?

I have 11PM flight on 1 Oct, and want to drop off my bag in the afternoon of 30 Sep (say 8PM), i.e. the day before. Any idea what's the policy these days?
Old Sep 7, 2023, 9:56 am

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by royng
Bringing up this old thread to ask for FTers' recent experience...any one tried one-day advance baggage drop-off at HKG counter?

I have 11PM flight on 1 Oct, and want to drop off my bag in the afternoon of 30 Sep (say 8PM), i.e. the day before. Any idea what's the policy these days?
I was told that they have the T-24 rule. You cannot check a bag more than 24 hours before your flight, even at HKG. One day I was trying to check a bag at 2 PM for my flight at 4 PM next day. The check-in counter would not accept it. They insist that I wait until T-24.
ernestnywang and royng like this.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 2:30 am
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
Originally Posted by lixiaojuventus
I was told that they have the T-24 rule. You cannot check a bag more than 24 hours before your flight, even at HKG. One day I was trying to check a bag at 2 PM for my flight at 4 PM next day. The check-in counter would not accept it. They insist that I wait until T-24.
Thanks for sharing your experience

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.