Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Prem Econ HKG -> BKK Priority Premium Lane Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Hi

Just wondering if you are given a premium lane card if you travelling from HKG -> BKK on premium economy or is it only for business class ticket holders ?

Thanks

Rem
Aventine likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
No dice sir. Biz class only.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:23 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

As a general rule, Premium Economy passengers do not usually receive amenities such as premium security, immigration, or even lounge access, with few exceptions.

To my knowledge, only Air France-KLM offers PE Y Passengers with SkyPriority.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club; Asia Miles
Does MPC members entitled to BKK's Priority Premium Lane?

A few years back the line was terrible but luckily I was traveling on J. Not anymore and I will be on PEY in a month. I read from somewhere that the line has much improved, no need to arrive more than 3 hours advance with expecting an hour just on Immigration line.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
They give the BKK passes to J and F (on those rare flights with F).

That's it. No status, PE, nothing. When they come to hand out the immigration card they give J passengers the certificate. My last flight they forgot to load the cards in HKG so they had them at BKK and gave them out by getting all J passengers off first with a card each. Plus they use two doors and I doubt PE gets the J door anyway.

You can pay for the service to several agencies for a lot less than the cost of J vs. PE or fly J.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: BA SL, TG SL, Sixt DIA
When I was still DM I got the fast track card in PE and in Y by the CSM as recently as this spring.
Leaving BKK I would also always get one when checking in as DM.

Haven't flown to BKK since dropping to Gold, but assume there is none.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
Two options. 1. Apply for an APEC card if you qualify. 2. Walk to the other immigration hall. If one is busy, not necessarily true that the other is as well.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:58 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
on my recent travel as OWE hkg-bkk in Y when pursur came by i asked for fast track card, she brought me immigration card... i didnt chase her again for fast track but i would assume if i asker she woule have brought it. anyways arrivals lines were non existent around 6pm so i wouldnt have needed it.

for BKK-HKG leg, at check in (first class counter travel Y) i asked for it and got it ok. (they didnt proactively hand it out but was not refused) ironically the.premium lane.was.a zoo..... and took a long time
Old Sep 13, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by fakecd
on my recent travel as OWE hkg-bkk in Y when pursur came by i asked for fast track card, she brought me immigration card... i didnt chase her again for fast track but i would assume if i asker she woule have brought it. anyways arrivals lines were non existent around 6pm so i wouldnt have needed it.

for BKK-HKG leg, at check in (first class counter travel Y) i asked for it and got it ok. (they didnt proactively hand it out but was not refused) ironically the.premium lane.was.a zoo..... and took a long time
I believe there was a thread like this before, the consensus was elites traveling in PEY and Y are not entitled to Premium Lane cards, although the crew may on some occasions give them out. However i think as a policy only J/F passengers are entitled.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 3:42 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by Shanghighx
When I was still DM I got the fast track card in PE and in Y by the CSM as recently as this spring.
Leaving BKK I would also always get one when checking in as DM.
Then YMMV. I've only done BKK a few times in Y class on CX (call it 3-4x), but none of those times did I get a Fast Track card. I was DM each time.

Originally Posted by fakecd
My experience is even as DM, you don't get Fast Track in Y.

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
I believe there was a thread like this before, the consensus was elites traveling in PEY and Y are not entitled to Premium Lane cards, although the crew may on some occasions give them out. However i think as a policy only J/F passengers are entitled.
This is my experience.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 5:14 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
There is no entitlement for a Premium Lane pass when arriving BKK on CX unless you are in paid J/F (even op-ups don't count). I found about it recently after the heated discussion on CX Secrets. That does not mean that the crew will not hand it out to DM/EM etc seating at the back, but you should not ask for it, as this puts the crew in a very uncomfortable position.

A. Passenger
One E/D card (CIQ FORM CX1705)

Note: Thai or resident pax usually would have the E/D card stapled onto their passport on departure from BKK so they may not require one.

Fast Track Lane Cards:
- Uplifted by HKG Traffic for HKG - BKK pax.
- Cards should be distributed with Landing Cards.
- Pax must carry the card together with their documents in order to be processed through the Fast Track Lane.
- The cards are only for FCL and JCL revenue pax.
NOT entitled:
- MPO members seated in YCL;
- ID pax seated in FCL / JCL;
- Pax upgraded due to over sale.
ISMs to keep and stow away left over coupons.
Any UNUSED coupons to be returned to BKK ground staff.
NOTE: Ex BOM, CMB, DEL, KHI and SIN, the cards will be uplifted together with the BKK Immigration cards for distribution to BKK disembarking pax by cabin crew inflight.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:06 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
NOT entitled:
- MPO members seated in YCL;
- ID pax seated in FCL / JCL;
- Pax upgraded due to over sale.
ISMs to keep and stow away left over coupons.
Any UNUSED coupons to be returned to BKK ground staff.
NOTE: Ex BOM, CMB, DEL, KHI and SIN, the cards will be uplifted together with the BKK Immigration cards for distribution to BKK disembarking pax by cabin crew inflight.
Thanks.
I think FAs should be allowed to show pax this, provided they don't take copies or iPhone pics. Just to show they didn't make up this one.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: CX Diamond, UA Platinum, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
in my experience (2x monthly):

Outbound: only F/J are given the cards. I never bothered to ask the FA for one, even I am DM.

Inbound: F/J and DM are given the cards at check-in
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
As an AA OWE, I have always been given Fast Track cards even if I am seated in Y. Typically the purser/IF Service manager comes over and hands it to me prior to landing. I believe this is part of the "unwritten" OWE benefits that CX offers to Y pax, which include by name personal greeting, first choice of entree and meal service and premium landing cards
Old Sep 14, 2017, 11:38 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by kaushik123
As an AA OWE, I have always been given Fast Track cards even if I am seated in Y. Typically the purser/IF Service manager comes over and hands it to me prior to landing. I believe this is part of the "unwritten" OWE benefits that CX offers to Y pax, which include by name personal greeting, first choice of entree and meal service and premium landing cards
If you look a few posts above you will see that premium landing cards are not nesseserely part of the benefits:writtten, or unwritten.

So everything beyond water and a standard greeting is crew's generosity.

To be clear, this ONLY applies to BKK...each outport has their own rules regarding eligibility for fast track.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.