Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Recent flights to China on KA and back on HX in Y. Is HX a genuine alternative?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recent flights to China on KA and back on HX in Y. Is HX a genuine alternative?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2017, 5:50 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by CX30616
Only after some angry passengers protesting at the counter for 2 hours, HX agree to provide food and water, and HK$1000 compensation for each passengers.
Passenger protests/occupation seems to be a recurring occurance with this airline. Is it a case of when in Rome, act as Romans do?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
I was on a flight with Dragon that they refuse to offer anything after a 8 hour delayed and the flight got cancelled to the next day. ZERO COMPENSATION OFFERED. Even as DM they simply waved me away.

The next day I came in for the flight I see KA agents holding a list and handful of cash. Apparently after I left the passengers decided to protest as a group and KA finally relented and agreed to offer everyone $800 HKD as compensation.

So it isn't just HX.

I actually flew a few times on HX C class. I was pleasantly surprise that their seats are very comfortable (definitely better than Cathay's regional C seat).
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:59 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by ashsong
Do HX match CX or OW status, just out of curiosity.
I asked them for a status match from RJ Emerald 2 years ago and this is what they replied.

Dear Mr. Rami,

We are sorry that your membership card status cannot directly match. But we launch the CHALLENGE for UPGRADING this year, the content as below:Within 100 days counting from your application date, if you can accumulate 7500 miles or complete 5 flights operated by Grand China Air, Hainan Airlines, Hong Kong Airlines, Tianjin Airlines and Lucky Air, you can upgrade to Silver member, or if you accumulate 12500 miles or complete 10 flights, you can become Golden Member.

If you want to join in, would you please reply to us.

Sincerely yours,

Fortune Wings Club
Old Sep 14, 2017, 2:51 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by dope
HX can terrible when things go wrong.

We bought a ticket and they change the flight three times and the new departure time is poorly timed (changed to departing from HKIA at 2am and we have a connecting flight to catch onwards).
@dope can I ask when was this?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
@dope can I ask when was this?
late may early june i think

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.