NRT - Other lounges besides CX

Old Aug 17, 17, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, ANA Mileage Club
NRT - Other lounges besides CX

I'm flying on CX in J next week NRT-HKG. As a BA Silver holder, do I have access to any other lounges? I looked it up and the BA lounge will be closed by the time I arrive at the airport (17:05 departure)... I heard mixed reviews about the CX lounge. I briefly visited it 2 years ago but don't remember much...

Thank you!
Old Aug 17, 17, 7:52 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Platinum, GE
There is no BA lounge at NRT. You are welcome to visit (either) JL Sakura lounge, AA Admirals club or QF lounge in addition to the CX lounge. They're all...rather weak unfortunately, with the CX one being significantly worse. Just remember to save some time for last minute shopping, the lines are verrrrry long
Old Aug 17, 17, 7:53 am

Programs: MH, AC, AS
BA lounge in NRT?

This useful tool can help you:
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/NRT/-1
Old Aug 17, 17, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SilverChris View Post
BA lounge in NRT?

This useful tool can help you:
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/NRT/-1

I could have sworn I saw a BA Lounge on their lounge master site... probably just a codeshare lounge... mymistake! @:-)
Old Aug 17, 17, 4:15 pm
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I would not say the Sakura lounge is weak. It's actually pretty good IMHO.
Old Aug 17, 17, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CX GR, AS MVP GLD
Originally Posted by sxc View Post
The big one just after security is pretty decent IMO, but the satellite one is pretty lame
Old Aug 17, 17, 6:33 pm

I'd go to the Sakura Lounge for the beef curry.
Sohoboy likes this.
Old Aug 17, 17, 10:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Of the 4 lounges there, Qantas and AA rock for their liquor selection, JL for their great food selection, CX...well, not that memorable.
If you can, lounge-hopp all four of them, compare and contrast!
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Aug 18, 17, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, CI EMERALD, SQ KFES
JL Sakura for food, AA for shower!
*Seriously JL Sakura shower rooms are always packed
Old Aug 19, 17, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sxc View Post
I've been in the business Sakura lounge about 10 times over the last 10 years or so - it has changed a lot. Now, though, it's far too big and far too many people have access for it to be that relaxing. The food is just ok in my onion. It is orderly and well maintained, this is Japan of course. However, it's just far too large and crowded for me. Just my humble opinion! I know some people think the satellite lounge is a bit weak - for me, however, I'd trade more mediocre food for a more relaxing, smaller, less crowded experience. That's why I'll often just quickly eat in the main lounge then relax at the satellite.

I'll judge all 5 (JAL Sakura, JAL Sakura (satellite), AA Admirals, Cathay, Qantas) for myself next week! Pictures soon to come! ^^^

Last edited by JJarmuth07; Aug 19, 17 at 2:40 am Reason: Satellite lounge
Old Aug 19, 17, 8:46 am

Arriving NRT with CX F. Is there any arrival lounge I can use? Which one do you prefer? ����
Old Aug 19, 17, 8:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Platinum, GE
Originally Posted by milkbottlec View Post
Arriving NRT with CX F. Is there any arrival lounge I can use? Which one do you prefer? ����
There are none. /thread
Old Aug 19, 17, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC View Post
There are none. /thread
Thanks.
Old Dec 22, 17, 1:18 pm

Programs: CX MPC Silver
Originally Posted by JJarmuth07 View Post
I've been in the business Sakura lounge about 10 times over the last 10 years or so - it has changed a lot. Now, though, it's far too big and far too many people have access for it to be that relaxing. The food is just ok in my onion. It is orderly and well maintained, this is Japan of course. However, it's just far too large and crowded for me. Just my humble opinion! I know some people think the satellite lounge is a bit weak - for me, however, I'd trade more mediocre food for a more relaxing, smaller, less crowded experience. That's why I'll often just quickly eat in the main lounge then relax at the satellite.

I'll judge all 5 (JAL Sakura, JAL Sakura (satellite), AA Admirals, Cathay, Qantas) for myself next week! Pictures soon to come! ^^^
Care to share your opinions on NRT lounges?
Old Apr 23, 18, 12:05 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Question And so it goes ..

Originally Posted by boybi View Post
Care to share your opinions on NRT lounges?
+1
Every so often (& it happens quite often), a member posts a question (or three), gets some replies but then they don't return with updates or pictures.
That is totally not in the spirit of FT.

Originally Posted by JJarmuth07 View Post

To the OP, we would still appreciate an update.

Otherwise, I'll be passing thru on 4/25 on a 3.5 hour layover/transit/connection (& to the "Connection" Nazi - please do not correct my terminology - it is truly a "connection" in all senses - dictionary, Thesaurus, airline lingo etc. as I am on CX/AA codeshare to NRT, onwards to LAX.

My plan of attack is as follow but in no particular order -
1. AA AC - shower only, I've read that they have an impressive liquor selection but I'm not into that
2. CX - partake in some champagne, if they have any - can anyone pls. confirm?
3. JAL - just to check out the largest (Japanese airline operated) lounge in T2, & I'm sorry but I do not enjoy Japanese style curry so I won't be ordering the beef curry which everyone is raving about I much prefer the spicier South Indian version & sometimes the milder North Indian ones as well
4. QF - if I still have time, though I did enjoy the SIN lounge but not the MNL lounge so I'm curious to see how the NRT lounge compares.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: