Which flts do crew hate the most?

Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: MP, BR
[

Honestly, I have mixed feelings about ISMs/crew from this country as some of them can be extremely hospitable and amazing, but sometimes I can clearly see as indicated, how much of an annoyance they are to the rest of the team... and it's not a country specific issue to begin with...some crew from some other countries equally have these kind of problems[/QUOTE]

Not to be discriminate but my worst experience on CX was ISMs from ..... I was in regional J with my partner and when the ISM picked up her meal tray. Liquid spilled/splashed on my table and the ISM just shrugged and moved on. The ISM then actually had the guts to ask my partner to fill out the questionnaire afterwards!

Last edited by sxc; Aug 24, 2017 at 7:45 pm
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Not enough manpower (high crew-pax ratio) and hazardous interior design throughout the plane endangering OHS severely for the crew in both J and Y.

Also, sometimes pax complain/bother the crew too much about how to/unable to use the wifi.
I was told crew love DUS for the layover. Maybe even despite the 350, although it's not exactly packed most days anyhow, afaik
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by gear down
Yes
so basically the a350 crew hate their jobs?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:24 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by ermen
If they hated their jobs, they would be throwing their trays at you or pulling the security trigger every time when they see fit. Well, this is not happening here at CX.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:26 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by Ausriver
OMG...

I just booked my very first CX A359 flight, SIN-BKK return in J and I am really looking forward to it. ... so what should we do?
Not sure if you're sarcastic or not but this flight is basically belt off eat collection (rushedly) then it's already descent.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:20 am

They will be rated on other aircraft types as well, not just the 350
Old Aug 15, 2017, 10:44 am
qsh

Programs: AS MVP BR *G
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Not enough manpower (high crew-pax ratio) and hazardous interior design throughout the plane endangering OHS severely for the crew in both J and Y.
I think is also because CX squeezed a couple more rows in it by sacrificing gallery space. So the crew think that the gallery is too small to work with.

If you think on demand dining is so bad on ORD, maybe it is worse on LGW...
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Ausriver
OMG...

I just booked my very first CX A359 flight, SIN-BKK return in J and I am really looking forward to it. ... so what should we do?
Just behave as normal and enjoy the J (not really) service, this flight is quite short and after they collected back your tray, it's almost time to land.

Also, the most important thing you need to worry about is the aircraft-type swap
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by CX30616
Just behave as normal and enjoy the J (not really) service, this flight is quite short and after they collected back your tray, it's almost time to land.

Also, the most important thing you need to worry about is the aircraft-type swap
Aircraft swap sucks. A350 was one of the main reason I booked this flight and I hope I get at least one A350
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:45 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Are crew type rated for certain aircraft?
ie once you are A350 you got to work on the A350?
but u could get rated for multiple no?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by kaka
Yes. Most countries allow up to 3 aircraft type ratings for cabin crew, I'm not sure of HK specific rules but the cabin crew will be able to fly on more than just the A350 if CX trains them for it.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by kaka
They should be qualified for all types
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My guess would be flights to/from mainland China because of passenger behavior.
This sounds very ignorant.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: CX
Originally Posted by 1010101
Yes. Most countries allow up to 3 aircraft type ratings for cabin crew, I'm not sure of HK specific rules but the cabin crew will be able to fly on more than just the A350 if CX trains them for it.
Originally Posted by gear down
They should be qualified for all types
There's really only 5 aircraft types left on CX's fleet. 4 if you don't count the 772's.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA gold, DL Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat
curious about the negative comments regarding onboard experience on india flights ... is that mainly due to meal requests or demographics or pax behavior or other reasons? interesting thread ... cx cc have been uniformly professional on all flts i have ever been on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.