Which flts do crew hate the most?

Old Aug 12, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: CX
Originally Posted by Ausriver
Maybe if you could list any CX flights that doesnt belong to the list above...
MLE, as long as they can get their dose of Instagram shots.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: CX
Originally Posted by qsh
I think they are stilling loving the route only for the time being, since they are new ports lol
I also have one more to add: KUL when it was served by CX due to long turnovers.

Since we are discussing this, is there a list of favourite flights??
I could think of 2 for the time being:
MLE Long patterns in a resort
ZRH "Golden route" highest allowance
Is 888 still a "golden route"? Or have things changed since?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by jckl
but some senior from a certain country, they'd rather spend time making cockpit coffee and first class steak than sticking up for their team. They come to work with their good'ol day first class lamb carving/YCL champagne flowing mentality giving everyone a hard time. They turn a golden flt into a flt from hell.
Can you elaborate more on the certain country? I guess I haven't lurked enough staff forums or CX secrets to know about these, only starting to pick them up recently...
Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:22 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CX HK
Can you elaborate more on the certain country? I guess I haven't lurked enough staff forums or CX secrets to know about these, only starting to pick them up recently...
Shudnt those have retired already
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:03 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by qsh
Wow! Thanks for the so complete list!!!
Maybe they like Chicago because it is lock and seal?

Maybe the best flights of all for crew is pax back/ to the destination
I don't think ORD is a lock and seal route although the crew hotel is located in the suburbs. To start with there's a giant Target just next door.....

Originally Posted by nolounge
Is 888 still a "golden route"? Or have things changed since?
Everyone dreams of getting it but rarely are they able to do so because of the outport based crew.

Originally Posted by CX HK

Honestly, I have mixed feelings about ISMs/crew from this country as some of them can be extremely hospitable and amazing, but sometimes I can clearly see as indicated, how much of an annoyance they are to the rest of the team... and it's not a country specific issue to begin with...some crew from some other countries equally have these kind of problems

Last edited by sxc; Aug 24, 2017 at 7:45 pm
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:15 pm

I don't know cabin crew so much but from what I hear:

Indian flights
Entitled HKers on any route
Big Chinese tour groups (EK crew often cite China as their worst flights)

I know quite a few pilots and they unanimously hate flying into China for the ATC and the other pilots sharing the airspace.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Long haul
SFO 870/879 - combination of pax profile (200 AVMLs etc) + 77G + day flight + bad outport hotel
LAX 898/897 - day flight
LHR 239 - day flight, pax drink too much, 77G
YVR 855/856 - hated if 4 day, also because 35G + day flight
CDG - hated because bad hotel / 35G
MAN - hated because 35G and 4 day
MAD/BCN - lowest allowance (200 EUR) if 4-day, in addition 77G + always full load + pax profile
TLV - 4-day + pax profile (KSML) + 35G
Almost all Australia flights - 3 day patterns, no crew rest on 33K, pax drink too much

Short/medium haul
PEK/PVG - self explanatory (delays + too many DMs)
SIN - self explanatory (too many DMs / long hours turnaround = no allowance)
NRT 520/521, CTS 580/581, DPS 785/784 - longest same day turns, but many times done by crew that join the high hours scheme who are okay with that so its actually fine normally
Ex-Japan - pax shop too much, Hong Kongers complain too much
HKG-TPE-ICN/FUK/KIX/NRT/NGO flights - not enough time to finish service, long hours and low allowance, too many pax (773Z 33P etc)
MNL/CEB/CGK - many 'ma fan' IDs

Of course, you can't really see how they 'hate' them when they're on their job, because they have professionalism unlike their American peers.
Agree with most. Let me add a few more / clarify a some points:

* all 350 routes;
* all European flights (No $ and minimum days);
* SIN / KUL flights because most of them are "superior" to others;
* China flights because no one knows when their air space are closed;
* JPN flights they like, if it's a long stay i.e. overnight;
* HKG passengers are worse than their mainland counterparts. HKG passengers are always complaining, asking for upgrades, rude. Mainlanders, on the other hand, feed them rice and they're good for most of the flight!; and
* Indian flights
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:44 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by gear down
Agree with most. Let me add a few more / clarify a some points:

* all 350 routes;
* all European flights (No $ and minimum days);
* SIN / KUL flights because most of them are "superior" to others;
* China flights because no one knows when their air space are closed;
* JPN flights they like, if it's a long stay i.e. overnight;
* HKG passengers are worse than their mainland counterparts. HKG passengers are always complaining, asking for upgrades, rude. Mainlanders, on the other hand, feed them rice and they're good for most of the flight!; and
* Indian flights
Why is 350 hated by crews?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:46 am

Basically galley layout, or lack of. Blame it on those ignorant decision makers who don't actually work on the aircraft!
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Not enough manpower (high crew-pax ratio) and hazardous interior design throughout the plane endangering OHS severely for the crew in both J and Y.

Also, sometimes pax complain/bother the crew too much about how to/unable to use the wifi.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:54 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Not enough manpower (high crew-pax ratio) and hazardous interior design throughout the plane endangering OHS severely for the crew in both J and Y.

Also, sometimes pax complain/bother the crew too much about how to/unable to use the wifi.
OMG...

I just booked my very first CX A359 flight, SIN-BKK return in J and I am really looking forward to it. ... so what should we do?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:00 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
OMG...

I just booked my very first CX A359 flight, SIN-BKK return in J and I am really looking forward to it. ... so what should we do?
Stress for the next few months about how much discomfort you will feel on a 2 hour flight.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by jckl
The passengers a lot of the time are not the real problem, we can hide behind the curtain in the galley and they'll be gone end of flight. We do 2 fits minimum with the same crew. It's bad teammates that makes the flight bad. There's a saying in Chinese "不怕神一樣的對手,只怕豬一樣的隊友", meaning it's not god-like opponents we need to fear but pig-like teammates it is.

With a good team (aka harmonious BC, supportive FP/SP and an ISM that follow manuals and are up-to-date with guidelines) we can battle it out, but some senior from a certain country, they'd rather spend time making cockpit coffee and first class steak than sticking up for their team. They come to work with their good'ol day first class lamb carving/YCL champagne flowing mentality giving everyone a hard time. They turn a golden flt into a flt from hell.
Couldn't agree more regarding the team! Great team means every flight is great! 1 rotten apple (And there's quite a few) and it ruins even the most desirable, most dosh flight.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Are crew type rated for certain aircraft?
ie once you are A350 you got to work on the A350?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by ermen
Are crew type rated for certain aircraft?
ie once you are A350 you got to work on the A350?

Yes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.