Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Marco Polo Club
Reload this Page >

cx 754 Bkk HKG on 6 August - delayed from 12.40pm to 8pm

Old Aug 6, 17, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

Luckily I am in the 4.05 flight but I feel sorry for those affected specially passengers without lounge access.

Lounge itself is very full as expected

I am surprised that the delay is so significant while the subsequent 3 flights after that are showing as scheduled.

To be fully honest I can't understand how CX cannot sort something out to try to minimise the delay given that HKG is less than 3 hours away

Given the lack of ample and comfortable waiting areas and/or leisure activities, BKK is not a place where I would like to spend 8 hours without lounge access
Old Aug 6, 17, 4:43 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Summer time always means bad weather in a lot of places in South East Asia and East Asia. It could be caused by a delay for inbound aircraft and CX can't do much about it.
Old Aug 6, 17, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ausriver View Post
Summer time always means bad weather in a lot of places in South East Asia and East Asia. It could be caused by a delay for inbound aircraft and CX can't do much about it.
No, it was not the case. Perfect weather around SE today and the plane was at the gate so I am sure it was mechanical.
Old Aug 7, 17, 4:33 am

Programs: RJ Emerald
Originally Posted by palermo View Post

To be fully honest I can't understand how CX cannot sort something out to try to minimise the delay given that HKG is less than 3 hours away
Do you think CX (or any other airline for that matter) has an unlimited supply of aircrafts in HKG?
Old Aug 7, 17, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi View Post
Do you think CX (or any other airline for that matter) has an unlimited supply of aircrafts in HKG?
It was a poor response - no matter what you think.

Thanks God for the EU 261 for all of us in Europe
Old Aug 8, 17, 1:59 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist

The BKK lounge is pretty small and it gets full even with no flight delays.

Looks like CX755 arrived in BKK on time, but something must have happened on the ground, and like what Rami Tamimi has said its not like CX has extra 350s lying around much more in an outport.

depending on the other 3 flights, I'm pretty sure CX Ground Staff in BKK would have moved as many 754 passengers as possible onto those flights,
Old Aug 8, 17, 3:12 am

There might be compensation for pax in Europe under EU261, I doubt airlines would handle differently in similar situations if this was happened in Europe.

Although the home base is less than 3hrs away, getting an aircraft ready for an unexpected flight and call in the whole set of crew takes time, not to mention all the paper work required for an extra flight. By the time they know it would take them 8 hours to fix the aircraft, it might actually take them longer to send in another aircraft for the pax than just try to pack as many pax as possible to those earlier flights and have the unfortunate remaining ones (hopefully not a lot) waiting.
Old Aug 8, 17, 5:32 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by patrickw View Post
There might be compensation for pax in Europe under EU261, I doubt airlines would handle differently in similar situations if this was happened in Europe.

Although the home base is less than 3hrs away, getting an aircraft ready for an unexpected flight and call in the whole set of crew takes time, not to mention all the paper work required for an extra flight. By the time they know it would take them 8 hours to fix the aircraft, it might actually take them longer to send in another aircraft for the pax than just try to pack as many pax as possible to those earlier flights and have the unfortunate remaining ones (hopefully not a lot) waiting.
And I think a lot of the pax has already been moved to other CX flights
Old Aug 9, 17, 12:41 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Asia Miles. Not bothering to join Marco Polo.
Was inbound aircraft late or was it something to do with recent BKK customs woes?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: