Krug Champagne off my F flight

Old Aug 23, 2017, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Many airlines even don't serve alcohol before takeoff from US or France. The regulation is that they cannot serve duty-free alcohol. So the have to buy a couple of bottles with duty and refrain from it. Once the plane door is closed, then they can open their loads.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 8:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Thanks to maortega15's kindness to share the link for The Journey this month, seems like they have acknowledged that Taittinger replaced Krug on ZRH, FCO (does this even have F?), MXP, LAX and SFO - citing supply shortage for krug
Old Sep 13, 2017, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Thanks to maortega15's kindness to share the link for The Journey this month, seems like they have acknowledged that Taittinger replaced Krug on ZRH, FCO (does this even have F?), MXP, LAX and SFO - citing supply shortage for krug
lol, you're right...Rome doesn't even have F. Hasn't had it since the B744 left the route. Kinda embarrassing for CX to screw that up IMO.

Also, Kim Chong's statement is an outright lie. What a joke. "We have for many years served both Taittinger and Krug in First Class – nothing has changed. We’re simply providing different varieties for different routes." Why do they need to lie? I guarantee you I - and probably many posters on here - have flown CX F (and J for that matter) far more than Kim Chong ever has, and frankly probably more than most if not all of CX management. We're fairly familiar with the product! Plus, you don't even need to fly. All you need to do is do a quick scan through the handy FT F menus carfield diligently posts on here to realize that statement is nonsense! Anecdotally: No, I cannot remember ever being served Tattinger Comtes de Champagne until August. Is it a problem? Honestly, not really. The Tattinger is a lovely change of pace. Krug NV Brut gets a little "boring" over and over again. Just embrace it instead of lying.

I also suspect we're infinitely more familiar with CX's J and F-class competition, too.

To me, the lies and corporate speak tell you volumes about Swire and the state of CX these days.

Last edited by QRC3288; Sep 13, 2017 at 8:51 am
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: BA LTG GGL, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT
One of my frequent complaints is that the Champagne is always warm... even after they chill it it is not that cold. On SQ it is nice and chilled all the time even before take off. On CX it is never chilled enough for me before take-off and only sometimes okay after take-off. Don't know what SQ and CX do differently for chilling?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by bagold
One of my frequent complaints is that the Champagne is always warm... even after they chill it it is not that cold. On SQ it is nice and chilled all the time even before take off. On CX it is never chilled enough for me before take-off and only sometimes okay after take-off. Don't know what SQ and CX do differently for chilling?
No Krug on LAX to HKG on CX 883 9/9/17. Also no Port wine in F or J (some Sauternes) instead
Old Sep 16, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HH DM; National Exec
Flew CX812 HKG-BOS on Sep 6th and had Krug.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: QF WP, QP Life, LT Gold, AA, DL
Flew JFK-HKG CX 831 on 14the Sept and had Krug.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

I believe it was C-GICV who posted it, but just to clarify: all longhaul routes have Krug right now except SFO, LAX, ZRH and perhaps one other I'm forgetting (I can't see old posts on the mobile version, but pretty sure it's in this thread). These other routes have Tattinger Comtes de Champagne 2006. Which, for the record is lovely and a nice break from Krug NV.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:05 pm

Zurich to HKG October 3, Krug on the printed menu, however attendant explained it had been removed as October 1.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:41 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by traveler18
Zurich to HKG October 3, Krug on the printed menu, however attendant explained it had been removed as October 1.
take the menu, bring them to customs and excise.

if they removed it on the first day of month they should print the menu otherwise
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:42 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by QRC3288
I believe it was C-GICV who posted it, but just to clarify: all longhaul routes have Krug right now except SFO, LAX, ZRH and perhaps one other I'm forgetting (I can't see old posts on the mobile version, but pretty sure it's in this thread). These other routes have Tattinger Comtes de Champagne 2006. Which, for the record is lovely and a nice break from Krug NV.
HND is one but you said long haul...
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:13 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by kaka
take the menu, bring them to customs and excise.
Absurd suggestion. Restaurants run out of items all the time. This is nothing to do with trade descriptions.

Now, if they bring you a Krug bottle and pour cheap prosecco from it then that would be a matter for them, but that's quite different!

(Or for that matter an Evian bottle that has been refilled from the aircraft tank...)
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Fwiw, the Comtes De Champagne 2006 is quite nice. Had it a number of times now. I realize some folks are really gung ho for Krug perhaps splurging or the once in a lifetime flight (or reading too many blogs!!!) but it really is lovely wine.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:10 am

And HKG to LAX 882 on October 5, No Krug either (taittinger).
Old Oct 6, 2017, 5:49 am
Original Poster

And HKG to LAX 882 on October 5, No Krug either (taittinger).
Afaik, all Champagne to/from LAX and SFO are still Tattinger Comtes De Champagne 2006. I had Tattinger a few weeks ago ex-SFO as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.