Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX to remove champagne from regional J (rumour CX secrets)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)

So I saw this on CX secrets (post #7551 )
https://www.facebook.com/cxsecret/?h...Au-R8E&fref=nf

Think its true?

Last edited by ermen; Jul 29, 2017 at 8:16 am
Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
Please check the URL. No spaces allowed in URLs.
kaka likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: Marco Polo
I think its a possibility, granted cxsecrets isn't always right with some of the rumors posted.
kaka likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:18 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
this must surely be weight considerstion than cost of bubble right?

(i am being sarcastic... how cheap is their existing offering.anyways)
Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:31 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by fakecd
this must surely be weight considerstion than cost of bubble right?

(i am being sarcastic... how cheap is their existing offering.anyways)
Deutz is a perfectly fine Champagne offering, if that's what you mean by "cheap" don't agree at all. All the mass market NV Champagnes aren't really worth getting in a tizzy about.

But I concur the regional business class is downright cheap, the entire experience....everything except the price, that is. If that's your meaning I totally agree.
kaka likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:35 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
They already do on the morning regional flights. It isn't on the CX594 8am tray. A passenger sitting in front of me asked and got it. Judging by the fact he was greeted by the ISM before takeoff I think he's status.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by percysmith
They already do on the morning regional flights. It isn't on the CX594 8am tray. A passenger sitting in front of me asked and got it. Judging by the fact he was greeted by the ISM before takeoff I think he's status.
Breakfast flights don't normally have champagne as part of the welcome drinks, you may however request.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
not sure why i can't link the right URL
kaka likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ, BA, TG, Sheba, VN, MPO since 1980
http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/cheap-...-your-10891504

hint for CX
A £7.99 bottle of Lidl sparkling wine was named one of world’s best earlier this year after beating champagnes costing upwards of five times the price.

The chain’s Crémant de Bourgogne Blanc NV was given the “Silver Outstanding” award at the International Wine & Spirits Competition - as was the Veuve Clicquot 2008 vintage Champagne, which is currently available from Sainsbury’s for £50.
Read More

The £4 supermarket wine that's actually good – we test the budget wines that seem almost too cheap to believe

White wine

A cheap bottle of white from Morrisons was also crowded one of the best after it scooped a silver medal in the prestigious Decanter World Wine Awards.

Château de Meursault 1er Cru Charmes-Dessus, which costs £49.50, only managed a bronze. The Morrisons white is just £8.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/4-supe...ually-10782809

Last edited by Marco Polo; Jul 29, 2017 at 9:39 am Reason: added link
Old Jul 30, 2017, 4:11 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Breakfast flights don't normally have champagne as part of the welcome drinks, you may however request.
This. In addition, many regional flights do not have champagne as the welcome drink, but is available during meal service as per request.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Does KA get to keep the bubbles? They two different airlines, right?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Originally Posted by QRC3288

But I concur the regional business class is downright cheap, the entire experience....everything except the price, that is. If that's your meaning I totally agree.

Its only worth it for the 77W and 359s. e.g of last 4 flights ex SGN to HKG I had a 3 77Ws and sat in the F cabin, and today I had 359 (which I like). If they ever pull the LH J product off this route I will stop paying for CX J on it. Regional seat + terrible food is a losing combo for CX.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by Jane's Addiction
Its only worth it for the 77W and 359s. e.g of last 4 flights ex SGN to HKG I had a 3 77Ws and sat in the F cabin, and today I had 359 (which I like). If they ever pull the LH J product off this route I will stop paying for CX J on it. Regional seat + terrible food is a losing combo for CX.
Yea I was thinking about this today. Longhaul J seat (particularly A350) and of course F seat is lovely regionally. It makes the horrific food much less an issue.

But the fact they play chicken with the regional routes and you can always be subject to a swap (and I only travel to SGN a few times a year, which is clearly one of the more reliable regional routes.....TPE, SIN, PVG, aka my three most common regional flights, are swap central, and HND going just once a day longhaul also sucks), that really downgrades the whole experience.

Regional J seat is an insult to the fares they charge. Total disgrace. It's close to what I'd expect an LCC J seat would be like. As I've said here many times, I prefer the PEY seat comfort to the regional J offering. That's really not a good sign at all.

I'm in the camp who dictates my own spend. I guess corporate J class travelers don't have much choice, so CX can get away with giving them the shaft for a while. But when I find similarly priced SQ J tickets to SIN, I have been buying them for multiple years now. You can actually guarantee a certain hard product....what a novel concept. And just bought ANA J class to Tokyo. Gotta put my money where my mouth is.

Last edited by QRC3288; Jul 30, 2017 at 7:37 am
Old Jul 30, 2017, 9:15 pm

I don't mind this one too much. I don't drink on short haul flights and i don't see many road warrior or corporate contract sorts doing so either. I don't think too many people would be that bothered. There are much bigger things to address in regional J class.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 11:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Regional seats are the only way for me not to get airsick. Anyways, they'll need to source a large number of champagne to serve so not all brands will do

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.