Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Routes included in upgrade bid trial: Adelaide, Amsterdam, Bangkok, Brisbane, Cebu, Chiang Mai, Chicago, Colombo, Denpasar (Bali), Dubai, Kathmandu, Rome and Seoul

https://upgrade.cathaypacific.com/offer/CathayPacific

2014 Enhance discussion thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1584763-cx-upgrade-bidding-discussion-experiences.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1819458-upgrade-bidding-coming-back.html
Print Wikipost

Upgrade Bid

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2018, 4:33 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
its all marketing tacitcs... overquote the range but they are already willing to accept the lowest... because someone might say ok i might just put lowest

wola if they get it they feel like they got a bargain #when its really not... and the fool may bid again
Old May 23, 2018, 5:04 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
HKG-ICN-HKG: Far bid from PE to J starts at $600. Upper end is $1150 Hmmm... Just might put in a bid.
Assuming this is HKD not bad. Maybe sense has prevailed.
QRC3288 likes this.
Old May 23, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by sxc
Assuming this is HKD not bad. Maybe sense has prevailed.
HKD? Really? Can't be... I'm thinking this is in USD. Price quoted is per leg too...
Old May 23, 2018, 7:45 pm

....and without club points. I always think it is logical if you bid for it, it should come with club points.

(Audio)
QRC3288 and HarbourGent like this.
Old May 23, 2018, 8:27 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

HKD? Really? Can't be... I'm thinking this is in USD. Price quoted is per leg too...
It should tell you what currency it is. Does it?
Old May 23, 2018, 9:57 pm

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
HKG-ICN-HKG: Far bid from PE to J starts at $600. Upper end is $1150 Hmmm... Just might put in a bid.
HKD? And what's your original fare class? Looks much more reasonable than all other bids we see so far....

And it's quite interesting to see such a small gap for the bid.....

p.s. More likely CX wants to move you to J and then rotate a regional aircraft to fly ICN...…
Old May 23, 2018, 10:15 pm

The price is in USD. Just checked again.

My original fare class is E. The spread is much wider. I'm just taking note from other posters that they start with "fair" as the bottom of the scale. And NO to regional aircraft swap!!
Old May 24, 2018, 5:49 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
The price is in USD. Just checked again.

My original fare class is E. The spread is much wider. I'm just taking note from other posters that they start with "fair" as the bottom of the scale. And NO to regional aircraft swap!!
Lol.....just when we thought "wow this is a legit bid recommendation"....we are immediately brought back to reality.

How stupid are these prices?
Old May 24, 2018, 6:32 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by QRC3288
Lol.....just when we thought "wow this is a legit bid recommendation"....we are immediately brought back to reality.

How stupid are these prices?
VERY....
Old May 25, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
OK... I'm (or we if that matters ) too simple, sometimes (particularly at the time I type my previous post) naďve...…

Seems CX still doesn't know how to get the upgrade bid work in its second attempt....
Old May 25, 2018, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by sscywong
OK... I'm (or we if that matters ) too simple, sometimes (particularly at the time I type my previous post) naďve...…

Seems CX still doesn't know how to get the upgrade bid work in its second attempt....
Ok.. I'm a little lost at the moment with comments made recently regard CX's bidding for upgrade and pricing. Long story short please... It seems that this is the "2nd" attempt for CX to get the bidding system" right" to some degree...Is CX trying too hard to recoup costs for one to upgrade to the next fare class?

Thanks for the feedback.
Old May 26, 2018, 12:01 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Ok.. I'm a little lost at the moment with comments made recently regard CX's bidding for upgrade and pricing. Long story short please... It seems that this is the "2nd" attempt for CX to get the bidding system" right" to some degree...Is CX trying too hard to recoup costs for one to upgrade to the next fare class?

Thanks for the feedback.
There was a trial in 2014. Have a look in the wiki above for the link to the discussion then.
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 6:04 am

Question: If my bid is accepted, am I to earn AA miles on my original fare class, or would I earn miles on next class of service fare class? I see that crediting to MPC will be based on the original fare type.

Thanks... May be too late to place a bid anyway as I'm within 48 hours of my departure.

Last edited by Zacnlinc; May 28, 2018 at 6:14 am Reason: added clarity to question
Old May 28, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: CX Macro polo Silver, AA platinum
Quite interesting that I found that my flight from TPE-ICN is available to make an upgrade bid from E to PE
Starting from TWD2250
However, the flight which flying on that day doesn't equip with PE. I made the lowest bid and looking forward to approving my bid.
Maybe I will get J if they approved my bid but no PE on that day right?

Last edited by hahaboy123; May 28, 2018 at 7:12 am
Old May 28, 2018, 6:23 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Question: If my bid is accepted, am I to earn AA miles on my original fare class, or would I earn miles on next class of service fare class? I see that crediting to MPC will be based on the original fare type.

Thanks... May be too late to place a bid anyway as I'm within 48 hours of my departure.
You will Asia miles also according to your original ticket.
Zacnlinc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.